IGNORED

Gaggia Classic spoilt switch

Hi guys, found this spoilt Gaggia Classic on this second hand marketplace in my country. Seller claims it wouldnt turn on now only because of a spoilt switch. Anyone had such a problem before and knows how to fix this?

He's willing to let it go for about 50 pounds.

Screenshot_20181017-074117.jpg

Hi guys, found this spoilt Gaggia Classic on this second hand marketplace in my country. Seller claims it wouldnt turn on now only because of a spoilt switch. Anyone had such a problem before and knows how to fix this?

He's willing to let it go for about 50 pounds.

If it is only the switch, you're looking at around £55 for a new one unless you can find a used one locally for less.

May also be the thermal fuse being blown? Usually due to a faulty thermostat overheating.

The switch block can be opened up carefully and the contacts cleaned, which may be all it needs. I have ‘repaired’ one machine like this. Just be careful of the internal springs!

May also be the thermal fuse being blown? Usually due to a faulty thermostat overheating.

The switch block can be opened up carefully and the contacts cleaned, which may be all it needs. I have ‘repaired’ one machine like this. Just be careful of the internal springs!

Yes I've also repaired my switch, rather than forking out half the cost of my machine for a new one!

As timmy says though, It's very fiddly and I needed an additional pair of hands to help reassemble!