bring on some more Monday morning hilarity please!

@joey24dirt would you have really long long boards lying around?!

why not just stain up some 2x1" plain timber in different colours

keep calm and grind flat

soooo- my vote is for a hasi sign projected either into the night sky aka Batman style or onto the driveway, that and the roasting smoke and your half way to a cafe DJ set up.

also the Pav will need its own spot light, smoke machine and revolving stand with a GoGo dancer either side (one female and the other male of course) :good:

Not something like this?

s-l1000.jpg

(the guy to the right)

Is that you to the left
not yet

I think travel costs to the next forum day may be somewhat elevated

AKA Toffee chips

I think travel costs to the next forum day may be somewhat elevated
save up save up!

Eurowings is doing Stansted - Salzburg for 57 GOP (good old pounds)

@joey24dirt would you have really long long boards lying around?!

There’s a few kids locally have them. Give me a couple of days and I’ll hook you up

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

save up save up!

Eurowings is doing Stansted - Salzburg for 57 GOP (good old pounds)

We had better get a move on. 2020 will be on us before we know it!

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Update is, there is no update!

It's nice when you have a level and seamless floor. But it's a forking PITA when you must not step on it for more than a week now!!

I'm taking this straight to the Forum Rants thread, gosh... falling waaay behind the stupid schedule :dummy:

Update is, there is no update!

It's nice when you have a level and seamless floor. But it's a forking PITA when you must not step on it for more than a week now!!

I'm taking this straight to the Forum Rants thread, gosh... falling waaay behind the stupid schedule :dummy:

Back to the future lied to us. We should have hoverboards by now meaning you wouldn't have a problem.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Back to the future lied to us. We should have hoverboards by now meaning you wouldn't have a problem.

@joey24dirt would've chopped them up and turned hover tampers already...

Let’s have some pictures of this untouchable flooring then please

@SkateReclaimCreate

Let’s have some pictures of this untouchable flooring then please
Well, nothing special. Matte grey and even. And it has some darker spots where it forking won't dry!

But I have to get there now to empty the dehumidifier, anyway, so will do as requested... please hold the line...

4c1c25ad432ba3ac38c2fc1f75ae54d8.jpg

There you have it.

See them darker areas? Devil knows why that is... and the sealing guy said they would need to disappear before he'd show to rub in his stuff.

There you have it.

See them darker areas? Devil knows why that is... and the sealing guy said they would need to disappear before he'd show to rub in his stuff.

What's the temperature like in there? Sometimes it can take a bit longer ti cure when cold.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

What's the temperature like in there? Sometimes it can take a bit longer ti cure when cold.
Around 15-17°C, next to an electrical heater/blower that runs on low output dehumidification also creates smaller amounts of heat. Had it heated up to around 25°C between day 3 and 6.

There you have it.

Doh! It’s where the body is hidden..............!!!!!!!!!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Doh! It’s where the body is hidden..............!!!!!!!!!
Now that you didn't mention which type of 'body' there'd be hiding AND if our little one had his way, we'd be digging for dinosaurs now...

To me this looks more like an anti body, or maybe it's Chinese for 'good luck'... who knows...

Might be a gas pipe under there. It certainly has the shape of a pipe route and gas pipes sometimes create extra moisture in the ground around them. One gas engineer I knew could tell the route a pipe took through a garden based on the way the grass was growing more densely in the area around it.

Might be a gas pipe under there. It certainly has the shape of a pipe route and gas pipes sometimes create extra moisture in the ground around them. One gas engineer I knew could tell the route a pipe took through a garden based on the way the grass was growing more densely in the area around it.
Oh that would be thrilling!

Wish we had a gas pipe near our house to connect a roaster...

But I've built this house and can tell you there is absolutely nothing underneath :confused:

Oh that would be thrilling!

Wish we had a gas pipe near our house to connect a roaster...

But I've built this house and can tell you there is absolutely nothing underneath :confused:

Well there wasn’t when you built it anyway

@SkateReclaimCreate

Another throwing-heat-money-out-the-window type weekend didn't yield much better results. By now I believe these spots aren't moist areas but rather somehow tinted/pigmented... come tomorrow hopefully someone capable of measuring building moisture shows up

If you have a laser thermometer handy, are these areas cooler?

(or warmer...)

Baseline: Bodum Arabica French Press, Pact pre-ground // Gotta start somewhere!

June-18: Gaggia Classic (2007) w/usual refinements; VST basket; Fiorenzato F5 w/lens hood mod.

Sep-18: Espro Ultralight Travel Press // Not cheap, but worth every cent.

Oct-18: ACS Minima Beta, Niche Zero. Pullman 18g basket & Big Step // Livin' the dream

Dang. It's mostly about beans, and consistency.

If you have a laser thermometer handy, are these areas cooler?

(or warmer...)

Not anymore after all the heat I pumped into that little chamber.

Also, the only near field probe I have handy is what the kids and I usually wrangle about upon their refusal to letting me take their in-ear temp ...but I'll check it out when I'm back home tonight