019362380abed81b54daa97ad20364cf.jpg

New arrivals!

Hopefully get the chance to go profiling over the weekend...

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

New peak reached... 14.5kg ordered, 1.5kg reserve, 1x profiling. With my Dalian Amazon that can reach a sensational 3kg/h max. output my math says I'm busy for some 6+ hours including preparation, documentation, packaging and all the fun in between. Today's roasting session better starts early!

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

just had my first little chaff fire in the collection tray. All went well, but it took me a while to locate the source - bit of luck there!

says Hasi.

just had my first little chaff fire in the collection tray. All went well, but it took me a while to locate the source - bit of luck there!

Whoooooooo, I clicked Like, but I don’t. Maybe good to have a small warning with no damage?

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband / 

Absolutely!

CO2 extinguisher is ready but it luckily didn't need it.

says Hasi.

In case you're wondering, the like is for the 2nd sentence. Congrats on putting it out!

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Posted (edited)

A few months back, another forum member and Dalian Amazon user gave me the 'heads up' re a potential fire risk.

He had had a smoulder in the area between the cooling tray and the base area below the drum. This the area where the slide shuts off the the airflow from the cooling tray.

Fortunately I already vacuum clean (after every session) the base under the cooling tray and into the cavity beyond (where the smoulder had occurred), but I know take more care following the warning and wiggle the vacuum hose around that chamber beyond the slide.

Hasi, could the same have happened to you and the smouldering debris got sucked through to the chaff tray?

Edited by Batian
typo

A few months back, another forum member and Dalian Amazon user gave me the 'heads up' re a porential firse risk.

He had had a smoulder in the area between the cooling tray and the base area below the drum. This the area where the slide shuts off the the airflow from the cooling tray.

Fortunately I already vacuum clean (after every session) the base under the cooling tray and into the cavity beyond (where the smoulder had occurred), but I know take more care following the warning and wiggle the vacuum hose around that chamber beyond the slide.

Hasi, could the same have happened to you and the smouldering debris got sucked through to the chaff tray?

Spot on mate!

I was thinking of opening a separate thread after I found precisely what you describe.

I vacuum clean that area with a flexible extension that easily reaches into the duct - after every session.

After every roast I fully close both dampers and briefly open and close them one after the other, two or three times each. That way the fan creates a bit of negative pressure and sucks up some more debris than it would normally. You can hear chaff being swirled down the cyclone, my personal proof that it works

The incident occurred during roasting a natural Brazilian - lots of chaff there.

Gonna take extra care in the future

says Hasi.

I'm done for today. Literally.

says Hasi.

I'm done for today. Literally.

Great work, have yourself a beer..... or two.... or three

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Great work, have yourself a beer..... or two.... or three
In the morning?

You surely know Austrian customs...

says Hasi.

In the morning?

You surely know Austrian customs...

Yeah why not have a beer after work. Doesn’t state what time you have finished work

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Yeah why not have a beer after work. Doesn’t state what time you have finished work
twas 3AM when I crashed into my pillow. Kids had me wake up well before 7 - yea maybe a beer would do right away

says Hasi.

adding the final touch on the outside is meant to include LEDs.

Ordered el cheapo Chinese ones...

0b3e9fd1aa98942e93be89f77e92868e.jpg

Nailed it!

says Hasi.

adding the final touch on the outside is meant to include LEDs.

Ordered el cheapo Chinese ones...

0b3e9fd1aa98942e93be89f77e92868e.jpg

Nailed it!

@SkateReclaimCreate

Had a regular client call in today, said they'd need 1kg extra for this week's delivery. Not a problem says I, waited for the right moment to sneak out and started the engine.

Wasn't the ultimately right moment, as it turned out...

Here's the story

Cleaning up and writing off a kilo of our beloved Panamanian...

says Hasi.

^^^^^^ good grief

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband / 

Dave, Dave, Dave, :whistle::)

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

haha, my thoughts exactly

but it's all good now, about to drop the next charge

Nothing nicer than a steep learning curve, eh?

We're just lucky that we don't have a 20kg (or even bigger) roaster! Imagine all those beans being lost...

says Hasi.

Hi @Hasi Whilst you have the fan assembly disassembled you may want to take a note of the (please check the main amazon thread for specifics) resister as this went on me and such a simple part yet side-lined me for a about 10 days. Bought mine from RS components in the UK for approx. £5 and have a spare just in case (along with belts etc just in case). Fortunately I noticed the fan wasn't spinning pre charging so didn't have the prospect of a bean fire to deal with. Enjoying reading your "travels" John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 85Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

Another note re building an online shop... late yesterday I was told that our shop was unreachable. In an attempt to fix it, I discovered something about today's interwebz that was quite new to me.

Read the full story below...

So I receive a text with an order, answering it would be nice to further test-drive our shop and providing a link to it.

No workie says the next text, so I try on my computer and it loads all nicely. Says I, please try some other device or browser because I've heard others having difficulties before... no chance no workie it repeats on the other end.

Next thing, I try the link I've provided minutes ago - no workie! Puzzled me tries again on the computer, and all is good. But only there. I check the spelling, it's all correct, all slashes and dashes are there. What could it be?!

Well, I open the website editor and re-publish everything. No effect. I re-type the URL again, now it won't open on my computer anymore!! Before, I had been using the URL saved in and suggested by my browser. Switching back to that suggestion, it worked again... wtf!?!

In the meantime I had received another text order, same procedure, no workie. D'OH forking technology!

Finally I realise the problem. Sit down, because it'll blow you away!*

The link I've sent to these people went like vb-kaffee.at/shop/ whereas the working link goes like vb-kaffee.at/Shop/

Wait, what?! Since when is a URL case sensitive?? I didn't know until the other night, but, how stupid is that?

May this serve as a heads-up for folk creating their own websites and/or online shops :good: so at least it may save you out there the extra hour that went into locating the issue.

Still angry, argh...

*being ironic there :D

says Hasi.

Wait, what?! Since when is a URL case sensitive?? I didn't know until the other night, but, how stupid is that?

Bizarrely, they always have been, it's just that 99% of websites will ignore case when figuring out what page you're after.

If you think about it, at its simplest, you're requesting files off another computer, and most file systems will allow "Store" and "store" as two separate files in the same directory* - there's always something to trip you up!

*I'm well aware that most websites are doing a lot more than simply serving up files, but the premise is still true

Bizarrely, they always have been, it's just that 99% of websites will ignore case when figuring out what page you're after.

If you think about it, at its simplest, you're requesting files off another computer, and most file systems will allow "Store" and "store" as two separate files in the same directory* - there's always something to trip you up!

*I'm well aware that most websites are doing a lot more than simply serving up files, but the premise is still true

not 100% with you, because (now that I've looked it up I can show off my incredible knowledge ) this apparently holds true for everything after the main directory, in the first place: http://www.something.wtf will not be case sensitive, but http://www.something.wtf/ThereYouGo may be. May be that is need to look it up again to provide an answer to when it makes a difference. It still confuses me to a point where I...

just accept the fact that it seems to make 404 differences in our case

says Hasi.