Here hoping a notification goes out this week to advise the cups have arrived.

Expobar Office Leva, Gaggia Classic, Acaia Pearl Scales, Sage Smart Grinder, Ascaso i Mini Doser Grinder, Zassenhaus Hand Grinder, EB Labs Mesh Filter, AeroPress, IMS 18grm 25grm Baskets

Made a little mod not to the grinder but to my power outlet. I am aware we can leave our grinders on all day but not having a power off switch bothered me. Belkin sells for US style outlets (unsure about UK and others) called the "conserve power switch" Has a satisfying on/off click and turns green when active.

IMG_7031.JPG

qqjnmfh(no clue why this is upside down, can't figure out how to make it not do this)

Edited by PineappleMonkey

I have my Rocket plugged into a Belkin WeMo, so it will be easy to just add the Niche to it so they will both power up together.

BB

Made a little mod not to the grinder but to my power outlet. I am aware we can leave our grinders on all day but not having a power off switch bothered me. Belkin sells for US style outlets (unsure about UK and others) called the "conserve power switch" Has a satisfying on/off click and turns green when active.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37317[/ATTACH]

qqjnmfh(no clue why this is upside down, can't figure out how to make it not do this)

In the UK, the vast majority of power sockets have switches built in. That’s exactly what I do with mine, I leave the switch in the “on” position at all times and switch it on/off at the wall.

In the UK, the vast majority of power sockets have switches built in. That’s exactly what I do with mine, I leave the switch in the “on” position at all times and switch it on/off at the wall.

That’s also what extension leads with individual switches are so much less common in the UK.

I spent almost 2 decades in the mainland and I think all our leads had them, or at the very least one to turn them all on or off.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37317[/ATTACH]

There are couple of ways

1. Remove the socket screws and rotate the socket 180 degrees, then your photos will be fine.

2. Turn off screen rotation and try using the camera upside down

3. Use an image editing program to rotate the image 180 degrees.

I prefer the 1st two options meself... ;)

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

There are couple of ways

1. Remove the socket screws and rotate the socket 180 degrees, then your photos will be fine.

Yeah 1st one seems best, you only have to do it once and it will work forever.

Sage DTP - Compak K10 & Niche Zero

I can't help but notice that DaveC manages to get grind cup to fit into his basket more securely than I can my 14g Rancilio one. Planning on upgrading them anyway to 18g VST, but does it make a difference whether ridged or ridge less?

Ridge-less easy just to get out but I run a Naked PF.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

I can't help but notice that DaveC manages to get grind cup to fit into his basket more securely than I can my 14g Rancilio one. Planning on upgrading them anyway to 18g VST, but does it make a difference whether ridged or ridge less?

Not really

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

When you want to clean the (spouted)portafilter the non-ridged baskets are easier to remove. And I don't like to sometimes get loose grinds in the ridge.

Oh - BTW the grindcup that came with my Niche is 113gr. The scale @DavecUK is using in the video's -I have the same one- only goes to 100gr. I have not found a way to get it to tare to 0gr with the cup on. It just refuses to operate … I used/use my Acaia, but stopped weiging output. The retention is that constant and minimal.

Oh - BTW the grindcup that came with my Niche is 113gr. The scale @DavecUK is using in the video's -I have the same one- only goes to 100gr. I have not found a way to get it to tare to 0gr with the cup on. It just refuses to operate … I used/use my Acaia, but stopped weiging output. The retention is that constant and minimal.

I use mine like this

[video=youtube_share;rM1yX-6BRww]

Yep. That works. If I turn it on and then put on he cup it didn't want to tare (just kept saying o-ld) - but now it started with the cup on it does tare.

Thanks!

Hey @kiisupai out of curiosity where do you set your Niche for pour over?

This post is a good guide:

For me I use the following :

Espresso. 20

Moka Pot. 40

V60/Filter back to the calibration triangle (approx 700 microns)

Kalita between the center screw on the hinge and left hinge (approx 800 microns)

French Press back to zero. (Approx 1200 microns) this is for a traditional coarse FP

I've done mine at around the center screw, i.e. the opposite side of 25.

it looks tiny comared to your mythos! how does it compare taste wise ? if they were both the same price which one would you go for ?

it looks tiny comared to your mythos! how does it compare taste wise ? if they were both the same price which one would you go for ?

It is hard to compare the taste of a flat burr against a conical as they are so different.

Perfect! Thank you :)

Gaggia Classic / Aeropress / V60 / Niche Zero / Wilfa Svart / Feldgrind

I added a small mark on the adjustment collar, offset -50 points from the white dot. This increases the measurable range from 0-50 to 0-100, which is needed for pour over. Now, instead of trying to set it to “right at the left hinge” I can set it properly to 72 for instance (my dot is then at 22). I think this is the easiest way to increase the range and make it possible to properly dial back to a coarse setting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37139[/ATTACH]

This is a much better idea.When the white dot is at zero I put a red dot at 50. Then when i move the white dot to the screw between the hinges, the red dot is for me at 32 - so adding the 50 gives a reading of 82. Much clearer and repeatable

Espresso : Vesuvius Steel Pipework, Londinium L1, Cafelat Robot  Grinders : Compak R120, Compak E10, Mythos One Clima Pro, Mazzer Royal, Niche Zero Black, Macap MC7 Deli, OE Pharos, Hausgrind, Feldgrind, Feld 47, OE Apex

https://www.kaffeeculture.co.uk

There are couple of ways

LOL, if only this was the case and the image somehow flipping when uploaded... :p

Yesterday I had the white dot suddenly sticking on my finger. It's a tiny sticker and a succeeded on putting it back. I forgot to look if there's a screw behind so don't know if it would be a good idea to put some paint/tippex/... instead next time.

DE1+ (1.1) || Niche || KINU M47,M68 || Aeropress || Aergrind || Kalita 185 || V60 || [email protected]

Behmor 1600 PLUS, modded with beanprobe

Yesterday I had the white dot suddenly sticking on my finger. It's a tiny sticker and a succeeded on putting it back. I forgot to look if there's a screw behind so don't know if it would be a good idea to put some paint/tippex/... instead next time.

I had the same thing happen. I don't think there was a screw or anything, just an indentation.

Tipex is your friend, or even better a white, yellow, whatever dot of enamel paint...go raid your Sons/Daughters or Gender unsure Airfix kit. If you are a DIYer, boundless possibilities and shades await you from mat emulsion, vinyl silk, eggshell and gloss. If yourSons/Daughters or Gender unsure does any jewellery making with those little white beads, one of those and a touch of superglue works wonders. I await seeing peoples solutions with interest. ;)

Apart from the disappearing dot, how is the coffee?

Or Nail Varnish :)

@DavecUK do you mean a bejazzle stuff haha

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Same thing happened with mine. I just stuck it back in.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.