Brewista are possibly the worst scales I've ever owned.

They didn't even have a gasket covering the battery compartment so I knew they wouldn't be even splashproof. The first time my daughter rinsed them under the tap ( which you are supposed to be able to do ) they died. Shockingly poor quality for something so expensive.

Luckily I bought them second hand for a reasonable price. They retail at nearly £100 now.

I have the brewista 2 scale and it’s been superb, had it for months and still haven’t charged it once yet. It’s splash proof and has a ton of different settings. Great scale imo.

Sage DB (black) and Niche Zero (black)

I also think Acaia are stupidly expensive and even more so in some parts of Europe, but the logging of extraction data and BT connectivity are nice to have.

There's definitely a place in the market for a sub 100 pound/euro scale with the same functionality.

Brewberry scales. I bought mine a week or so ago - about £10. Pretty much does everything the Acaia does (both timer and weight on the screen, auto tare, it can auto start the timer when it detects the first drip, etc). I’ve been super happy with mine so far!

Nuova Simonelli Oscar II // Macap MXD //

Seem to be out of stock everywhere I've looked. :(

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

4 weeks in, yet to have a really bad shot since having the niche. Huge reduction in poorly extracted / spurty / gushing naked PF shots. Very very happy so far.

Profitec Pro 800 | Niche Zero | Joey Skateboard Tamper | Espresso Addict!

Where did you find them in Europe?

Amazon UK. Seems to be OOS now, though. Maybe try one of the other Euro Amazon stores..?

Does anyone know if the grind cups are back in stock or still in transit?

Expobar Office Leva, Gaggia Classic, Acaia Pearl Scales, Sage Smart Grinder, Ascaso i Mini Doser Grinder, Zassenhaus Hand Grinder, EB Labs Mesh Filter, AeroPress, IMS 18grm 25grm Baskets

Brewberry scales. I bought mine a week or so ago - about £10. Pretty much does everything the Acaia does (both timer and weight on the screen, auto tare, it can auto start the timer when it detects the first drip, etc). I’ve been super happy with mine so far!

I bought two sets of these; one for home and one for work. I sent both back as I found them useless for espresso due to what is probably a software issue. If they solve the problem I would buy them again but I found that the timer start wasn't sensitive enough and if the extraction started slowly then several grams could hit the cup before they started timing.

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

Does anyone know if the grind cups are back in stock or still in transit?

Niche will send notification when cups are in and orders are being dispatched again.

Fracino Classico, Niche, Redber Coffee.

It would have been good if Niche had also given an indication of how long the delay in the Grind Cups might be.

I have been following a few of these start-up projects and none do it better in the communication department than John at Decent Espresso. the news isn't always good, but you know the implications......this was during the build and now post delivery.

So looking forward to a black Niche sitting next to my black DE :coffee: ........ dam'n those grind cups :whistle:.

I bought two sets of these; one for home and one for work. I sent both back as I found them useless for espresso due to what is probably a software issue. If they solve the problem I would buy them again but I found that the timer start wasn't sensitive enough and if the extraction started slowly then several grams could hit the cup before they started timing.

I haven’t tried that mode yet - I prefer to know my total shot time when pulling espresso, rather than when the first drop hits the cup, by which time my machine is already at 9/10bar. So auto tare and manual timer mode works perfectly (mode E2)

I’ll try it and see if I have a different experience from what you had, though.

Once the dust settled down... is anyone not happy with their Niche?

I’ve been really digging it. Yes, it produces a different cup (I haven’t done a side by side) and that’s probably why I was blown away for first couple of days. Still happy with the workflow, retention and what’s in the cup.

The only things I wasn’t sure were the looks and the switch. It looks good in person and I realised how easy it is to find the switch by just swiping the right side.

Now just need to finalise the bean storage solution and upgrade the machine...

Once the dust settled down... is anyone not happy with their Niche?

I’ve been really digging it. Yes, it produces a different cup (I haven’t done a side by side) and that’s probably why I was blown away for first couple of days. Still happy with the workflow, retention and what’s in the cup.

The only things I wasn’t sure were the looks and the switch. It looks good in person and I realised how easy it is to find the switch by just swiping the right side.

Cant really fault it so far. Super easy to work with and I very much understand them not wanting to send these out without the grind cup.

Weigh beans into cup -> pour into grinder -> grind cup goes underneath -> flick switch -> get portafilter and collar ready -> tip grind cup into pf and shake side to side to level beans -> remove collar and tap to settle grinds -> tamp and go.

Love that I don't have a load of stale grinds in the bottom of the grinder

Love that I don't have to have lots of beans in a hopper

Love the quality of grind

Love the looks and simplicity of it all

Only issue is that I am looking at different machines that I 100% don't need. The londinium R is calling to me.

How are people finding the taste in general? I'm finding it fuller bodied compared to my Mazzer Super Jolly.

Profitec Pro 800 | Niche Zero | Joey Skateboard Tamper | Espresso Addict!

How are people finding the taste in general? I'm finding it fuller bodied compared to my Mazzer Super Jolly.

Hard to say much about the quality as I am coming from a Sage SGP which is an alright grinder but not in the same league as this. Have to say its a country mile better than the SGP though.

Pulled a shot of a new coffee this morning, way too slow, a slight adjustment on the collar, next shot bang on, what's not to love???

So easy to adjust, no purging, consistent results, need I say anymore, maybe that it allows for some great tasting shots, I'm 100% satisfied, glad I bought one for sure. d72e202c126b9d2e75d30d7e6b33c6a9.jpg

Yeap, happy here too.

Just wondering if anyone is getting popcorning fragments jump out of the funnel and through the small gap between the lid and funnel? I'm getting shards of coffee on the table around the grinder and just noticed it happen this morning.

No biggie. It's still much cleaner than my HG-1 that had an open top.

I know there's a lot of stuff above about bean cellars and what not. But I've settled on these tinted ointment jars which you can order through the pharmacy. I think it's like a pack of 10 for 10 bucks (AUD). And they all have the same net weight. So no need to tare it each time you swap out for the next jar. Holds up to 22g-ish.d435526008b5ecedb2ec96e1c5e13feb.jpg

Yeap, happy here too.

Just wondering if anyone is getting popcorning fragments jump out of the funnel and through the small gap between the lid and funnel? I'm getting shards of coffee on the table around the grinder and just noticed it happen this morning.

Yes, I get the fragments. The lid obviously sits a bit high to allow the collar to adjust upwards as it’s unscrewed. This leaves a gap for some bits to fly through and then they fall out when you open the lid.

It is still pretty tidy though. Not a major issue.

2000 - Krups Vivo + Whittard hand grinder

2010 - Gaggia Classic + Iberital MC2

2017 - ECM Mechanika IV Profi + Niche Zero

Aeropress / V60 / Puck Puck / Cafetière / Moka Pot / Ibrik (كـَنـَكـَة) / Lido E

Yeap, happy here too.

It sure does.

Yes, I get the fragments. The lid obviously sits a bit high to allow the collar to adjust upwards as it’s unscrewed. This leaves a gap for some bits to fly through and then they fall out when you open the lid.

It is still pretty tidy though. Not a major issue.

I was looking for it - but it has not happened here yet. Maybe it also has something to do with what beans you use?

Yeah, I don't think I have really noticed that myself. Perhaps I am just messy enough with my coffee making that a few extra bits on the counter don't draw my attention.

I do get it but it is once every few shots not all the time.

Sage DTP - Compak K10 & Niche Zero

I get it too but only the odd shard. I tend to find them sat near the markers just under where the lid sits.

ECM Synchronika, Kafatek Monolith Flat, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCDv3 Distribution Tool, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy, Aeropress, Aergrind, notNeutral Cups