IGNORED

The Niche Zero user experience

DavecUK

2 hours ago, KingoftheHeath said:

It's been in the news so you should have heard? Just in case you don't know the backstory; they've stopped exports because of a thing called 'Coronna virus' - there's loads online about it if you need to read up.

emoji1787.png

I'd appreciate a few links that show china has stopped exports of goods like grinders, electronics and widgets. I was aware of the thing called the Corona virus, you need to improve your reading skills

?

Edited by DavecUK

Sticks and Stones, sours…or rancid (horrible). Quakers hide until roasted, pick em out and flick them in the bin. Life is too short for bad coffee

5 minutes ago, Jony said:

China will never stop exports no matter what, because that is a lot of lost revenue.

Let's wait for the links.. .he said there is loads on line about exports. My web browser or cookies must be screening them out.

Edited by DavecUK

Sticks and Stones, sours…or rancid (horrible). Quakers hide until roasted, pick em out and flick them in the bin. Life is too short for bad coffee

Given the dramatic reduction in pollution above China we can assume production is reduced.  If they are making less, they will export less. I'm sure they'll get back up to speed as soon as they can and sooner than the West would.

Edited by CliveM2
  • Like 1

Let's wait for the links.. .he said there is loads on line about exports. My web browser or cookies must be screening them out.
I said there's loads on line about the virus, not the exports - you need to improve your reading skills [emoji8]

There are a couple of articles about exports being reduced.

13 minutes ago, KingoftheHeath said:

I said there's loads on line about the virus, not the exports - you need to improve your reading skills emoji8.png

There are a couple of articles about exports being reduced.

You said exports had stopped, not reduced... have a look

3 hours ago, KingoftheHeath said:

It's been in the news so you should have heard? Just in case you don't know the backstory; they've stopped exports because of a thing called 'Coronna virus' - there's loads online about it if you need to read up.

emoji1787.png

see theres that word stopped so prove it.

https://fortune.com/2020/02/11/coronavirus-idles-china-factories-desperation-grows/

Christ, what rock are some people living under?

Supposedly they're trying to reopen factories now and get back to normal operation, at risk of the infection surging again.

Stopped, slowed, reduced. Just playing semantics. Doesn't take a genius to work out that this would cause some supply issues.

1 minute ago, AJSK66 said:

https://fortune.com/2020/02/11/coronavirus-idles-china-factories-desperation-grows/

Christ, what rock are some people living under?

Supposedly they're trying to reopen factories now and get back to normal operation, at risk of the infection surging again.

My wife is Chinese, so I'm well aware of what goes on in that region. Others who think exports from China (It's a big place) have  stopped, perhaps don't know so much about the country. My disagreement with the "facts" was that exports have "stopped" ...they have not stopped. Your link doesn't say exports from China have stopped. I agree, I don't know what rock some people are living under either.

My wife is Chinese, so I'm well aware of what goes on in that region. Others who think exports from China (It's a big place) have  stopped, perhaps don't know so much about the country. My disagreement with the "facts" was that exports have "stopped" ...they have not stopped. Your link doesn't say exports from China have stopped. I agree, I don't know what rock some people are living under either.
Who hurt you Dave?

It's a post on a coffee forum, I'm not writing a legallly enforceable document.

Note to self - refer all future posts to my lawyer before putting them forward for DaveC to analyse.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KingoftheHeath said:

Who hurt you Dave?

It's a post on a coffee forum, I'm not writing a legallly enforceable document.

Note to self - refer all future posts to my lawyer before putting them forward for DaveC to analyse.

In other words, you can't find a link to prove your statement below....

4 hours ago, KingoftheHeath said:

emoji1787.png

? fair enough....

Exports from China have been impacted but as still going ahead.  I had a message saying that one shipment was delayed as the government had extended the Chinese New Year holiday.  Another shipment is now coming via a different courier to the one planned but shipments are being shipped from China.  My first shipment arrived a week later than expected.  Granted, the first shipment was 1000km away from the centre of the virus outbreak.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, working dog said:

Exports from China have been impacted but as still going ahead.  I had a message saying that one shipment was delayed as the government had extended the Chinese New Year holiday.  Another shipment is now coming via a different courier to the one planned but shipments are being shipped from China.  My first shipment arrived a week later than expected.  Granted, the first shipment was 1000km away from the centre of the virus outbreak.

China is huge. I never realised just how large until I first went out there more almost 25 years ago. I remember in Bejing being told the population was about 19 million and they couldn't use the same mobile system as us as it couldn't cope with that many people! At the time the UK population was about 58 Million. We were there for quite a while and spent time in Bejing, Shanghai (22M) Xian (17.5 million)...I realised that during my visit to just those 3 cities they exceeded the entire population of the UK.

Whilst in Bejing over the course of 3 weeks a highway project was completed that would take us years, simply because there was one person working every sq metre. In the morning there were literally millions of bicycles and a few cars, a Chinese friend said they all want cars, within 5 years it was millions of cars and a few bicycles. It's an incredible nation with many industrial centres, if anything slows down it doesn't stay slowed down for long. Exports might slow but never stop, it's an industrial powerhouse that could bring down the devloped world if that ever happened.

As you may sense, I think very highly of the potential of the Chinese....

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DavecUK said:

In other words, you can't find a link to prove your statement below....

? fair enough....

https://www.export.org.uk/news/489076/Potential-impact-of-coronavirus-on-international-supply-chains.htm

https://www.ft.com/content/e9fbbb78-4901-11ea-aeb3-955839e06441

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/coronavirus-outbreak-could-spur-china-to-fulfill-agriculture-purchase-promises-to-us

https://www.themanufacturer.com/articles/best-worst-case-uk-supply-chains-affected-coronavirus/

5 is nice round number to stop at. 

I've applied to the courts to retract my use of "stopped" in an earlier comment, citing the  Hastings Bass ruling - I didn't realise the implications of using that word when writing it. 

Proceeding on the basis that the courts will agree to retract said word and continuing because you earlier took issue with a suggestion that Chinese supply chains be experiencing delays, it remains conceivable that exports from China have been, and will continue to be, impacted in the near future due to Corona virus. The linked articles support this view point.  Whether that is an effective solution to mitigating the virus' threat is moot to the current debate. I leave it in your hands to refute the press reports. 

Turning to your apparent insight on the matter, I'm interested to understand how your wife being an expat Chinese citizen living in the UK means that she has an understanding of the current Chinese economic activity? Reference to her qualifications and any relevant conversations she has had would be helpful. 

Finally, which train line did you work for? (given your level of totally unnecessary pedantry I assume you were a ticket inspector before retirement)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KingoftheHeath said:

https://www.export.org.uk/news/489076/Potential-impact-of-coronavirus-on-international-supply-chains.htm

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/coronavirus-outbreak-could-spur-china-to-fulfill-agriculture-purchase-promises-to-us

https://www.themanufacturer.com/articles/best-worst-case-uk-supply-chains-affected-coronavirus/

5 is nice round number to stop at. 

I've applied to the courts to retract my use of "stopped" in an earlier comment, citing the  Hastings Bass ruling - I didn't realise the implications of using that word when writing it. 

Proceeding on the basis that the courts will agree to retract said word and continuing because you earlier took issue with a suggestion that Chinese supply chains be experiencing delays, it remains conceivable that exports from China have been, and will continue to be, impacted in the near future due to Corona virus. The linked articles support this view point.  Whether that is an effective solution to mitigating the virus' threat is moot to the current debate. I leave it in your hands to refute the press reports. 

Turning to your apparent insight on the matter, I'm interested to understand how your wife being an expat Chinese citizen living in the UK means that she has an understanding of the current Chinese economic activity? Reference to her qualifications and any relevant conversations she has had would be helpful. 

Finally, which train line did you work for? (given your level of totally unnecessary pedantry I assume you were a ticket inspector before retirement)

Errr....you just linked to a bunch of articles that didn't say production had stopped and they're about potential disruptions. Not really sure why you're bothering to be honest, seems easier to just admit you were wrong and be done with it than to start weird random arguments over the internet.

Niche have probably got them already and are preparing to be able to send them out quickly. Given the vast number of orders they'll receive it makes sense to have them packed and ready to go before they allow people to give them money. Hopefully we won't be ordering direct from China "for cost of postage" but I guess we could...

I have personal experience. The factories I deal with were shut down for a time by govt decree. They are now working again but with limited capability and their backlog and lead times are much longer than usual.

With another supplier I had an order in at the beginning of Chinese New Year. This has just been shipped this week as all logistics services were suspended during the peak of the virus infections there.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 03/03/2020 at 01:59, Stevebee said:

Only 10 minutes work but hours once it disintegrates to clean the burrs ! I think I’ll wait for the Niche one just in case ?

It will not disintegrate. I have used several other versions without any problem. Even if it broke the grinder should make short work of the plastic.

I didn't realise it would take to long to make them a sale item and I'd like a few forum members to experience the difference they make. Back in the distant mists of time, I did get sent some sample production NFC disks. They sent a batch over from China (it was before Christmas I think, so Cornona free ;) )

It was for me to have a look & comment, someone in China just bunged a load in a jiffy bag. I don't have a huge amount but as they don't seem to break or chip (Leaxan) and I don't need more than what I have already installed. If any long time members want an NFC disk, contact me via pm. I'll send you my address and if you send me a SAE with a stamp on it, I will slip an NFC disk in there for you....until I run out.

Please don't ask if you have a different grinder, I don't have many and they will go to members I know have been around and support the forum. Priority of course to those who supported the Indeigogo Niche campaign when it was going to funding. I think there were at least 70 or 80 forum members who did but I don't have anywhere close to that number. I think I have about 15 or so.

Oh and please don't ask Niche UK, there are none in the country apart from the ones I have. As distribution of these items was never going to be handled from the UK.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

"There be gold in them hills"...well Lexan, well polycarbonate a type of plastic. Still got a few left unclaimed.

image.png.053bfee5a728da643d5d052aa04bf488.png