Sign in to follow this  
RobW

Collar position adjustment on E8

I've just taken delivery of an E8 from BB with red speed burrs. After running 1.5kg of coffee through I've started dialling in and I'm on about 10 on the scale which puts the adjustment arm around the back of the grinder. I'm not sure if the 0 mark has been set up as genuine zero. I have not got my head around the parallel system yet and I can't tell from the manual, my question is: can you adjust the orientation of the adjustment collar or is it fixed? The manual says it needs to line up with the locking shoe but until I take it apart I don't know if that can be moved as well.

Also seems to be quite a gap between the adjustment collar and the grind regulator - is that normal?

Any hints and tips appreciated.

Maybe some bedding in and more experience required but I've not been blown away so far with the shots I've pulled compared to the same beans on my Mazzer Mini e.

Londinium R and Kafatek MC3

I have just had an email conversation with Jordan at BB. Near instant response for an issue that they have no reason to get involved with, but the fact is they did. Why not ask there also, you might get a quick answer from them, especially as they sold your E8 to you. That's not to say you won't get good advice here too, I know there a few E8 owners on here.

I have just had an email conversation with Jordan at BB. Near instant response for an issue that they have no reason to get involved with, but the fact is they did. Why not ask there also, you might get a quick answer from them, especially as they sold your E8 to you. That's not to say you won't get good advice here too, I know there a few E8 owners on here.

They are great at support and I have asked them the question. I'm sure I'll get a response back shortly, just thought I would also check the wisdom of this forum because I am impatient!

My arm adjustment was at 2 o'clock the small hand E5 and 10 was Rocko Mountain, but eventually I went to 5 I grind finer for my Machine.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

The numbers on the scale on the adjustment collar aren’t precise.

They help me if i change beans over.

Sometimes I single dose with the orphan espresso add on,when i go back to a hopper of beans, referring back to old numbers gives a starting point.

Whenever i clean the grinder and take the scale off etc i try to put it back in same place, but in the past i didn’t and it made no real difference, zero wasnt zero anymore

My real tip is clean this grinder regularly otherwise grinds buildup and they shoot everywhere

Having taken it apart to see how it works, I can see that you can position the adjustment collar in multiple orientations. I can also see that the locking foot will hit the regulator limit screw to prevent further movement. I guess the thing I find curious is there is no definite process to ensure that the locking foot hits the limit screw before the burrs touch - it just seems to be "about 45 degrees".