Sign in to follow this  
Dell

Passport

Hi all just renewed our passports today and lost 9 months.

It seems the rules have changed without the government telling anyone you can no longer renew 9 months early and get 10 years and 9 months,another UK ripoff.

Old man but still learning

I don't care no biggy mm yummy

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Hi all just renewed our passports today and lost 9 months.

It seems the rules have changed without the government telling anyone you can no longer renew 9 months early and get 10 years and 9 months,another UK ripoff.

That's a bit irritating.....you should start one of those petition things to get x 100k signatures and have it debated in the HC...I would sign it.

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

Depends on your likely travel plans. Certain countries require that your passport has at least 6 months validity after your intended departure date. If your passport is due to expire in 3-4 weeks it's as good as useless if you are going to one of those countries (Japan being one IIRC). On the other hand if you are not intending to travel you may as well leave it until a month before, so as not to lose out.

It is yet another stealth tax though, just like losing the last bit of road tax, road tax not being transferable, and all the other countless ways they get a couple of extra quid out of a very large number of people. Sign of the times.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

There aren’t many countries that insist on 6 months its mostly advisory and only for a few. I have been to the USA with a week left on mine. China and Russia being the main two (Japan doesn’t ) and then if you have a return ticket you don’t have an issue. They just want to make sure if there is a visa in your passport it runs out before the passport does. Renewing a passport 9 months in advance makes no sense and I don’t see an issue in them not giving extra time on the end. Hardly a stealth tax and if you can afford to travel you can afford to pay some extra tax to help out society.

For info: we renewed some of our passports. It seems that HMPO will honour the previous expiry date as long as you renew it within 2 months of expiration.