RobW

IMS competition shower screen on R58

Thanks, I have not used any cleaning stuff or pellets yet on it, last year got that silicone group head cleaner thingy for get what its called (espolizer lol).

I think are meant to put in some cleaning pellet things in blind basket and flush it through?

You should definitely use a cleaner in the blind basket regularly. I think once every month or two would be an OK schedule. If you have not done it for 2 years it is definitely overdue! Get some molykote 111 and relube after the cleaning as the cleaner strips the lube off and it might get stiff and wear the parts. DavecUK has posted instructions on how to do it and it really is quite easy to do - 10 minute job.

Edited by RobW

Londinium R, Kafatek MC3, Compak E8 red speed (for sale)

Thanks Rob, yeah sure I seen something to before, its taking out the big nut on top of the group head and lubing it all. will do a search.

Thanks

Lee. (R58 and Zenith 65e)

Thanks Rob, yeah sure I seen something to before, its taking out the big nut on top of the group head and lubing it all. will do a search.

Here you go: http://coffeetime.wikidot.com/e61-lubrication

No need to do the top nut. I bought a set of ring spanners to fit all the bolts, makes it easy and no risk of marking the chrome. I think from memory you need a 26mm for the nut in question for cleaning.

Thanks will do, though a quick search and reading to it seems its best not to do to often certainly not monthly.

Thanks

If you look at that article he says clean every 1-3 months, but that he backflushes every day with water which helps keep things clean. Definitely needs doing more than every 2 years ;)

Here you go: http://coffeetime.wikidot.com/e61-lubrication

No need to do the top nut. I bought a set of ring spanners to fit all the bolts, makes it easy and no risk of marking the chrome. I think from memory you need a 26mm for the nut in question for cleaning.

Thanks Rob, I maybe ok as I don't get any of the symptoms of worn pins at least, its stiffer when cold but not sure if that is always the case, but lever moves nicely when warm and doesn't move etc as described in this article.

I have ordered the moly 111 and poly puff cleaning stuff so will get on it this weekend, need to see if have big enough spanner to.

I have let things slip, I know i emailed BB when I got it and they said not chemical clean to often if not using a lot, and read on here to often means more lubing etc, so the months have gone by! hope not done to much damage etc.

Thanks

On weekend, i did this finally. I undid the larger nut but should I of also undone the smaller one? I guess to grease shaft of the lever rod the cam is on end? I managed to grease cam ends and the end of the shaft, took a while to get cam back in properly.

also i got the e61 blue cafelat seal 8.5mm it seems very very tight putting the portafilter now, it looked like it didn’t matter what way it went up, other was tapered.

Thanks

On weekend, i did this finally. I undid the larger nut but should I of also undone the smaller one? I guess to grease shaft of the lever rod the cam is on end? I managed to grease cam ends and the end of the shaft, took a while to get cam back in properly.

also i got the e61 blue cafelat seal 8.5mm it seems very very tight putting the portafilter now, it looked like it didn’t matter what way it went up, other was tapered.

Tapered edge goes against the grouphead.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Yes you should have undone both nuts, this allows you to remove the cam from the barrel and pull a rolled up piece of kitchen roll through to clean the barrel. You can also check the condition of the seals in the centre of the barrel. then relube seals and the cam shaft.

Tapered edge goes against the grouphead.

Thanks I removed it and turned over seems, better now but doesn't look tapered like stock black rubber one is.

Thanks

Yes you should have undone both nuts, this allows you to remove the cam from the barrel and pull a rolled up piece of kitchen roll through to clean the barrel. You can also check the condition of the seals in the centre of the barrel. then relube seals and the cam shaft.

Ahh ok smaller one first, then larger one will do this next time doh!

Thanks

Thanks I removed it and turned over seems, better now but doesn't look tapered like stock black rubber one is.

My Cafelat blue one definitely has a taper on one side. This fits to the tapered edge of the screen just like the stock rubber one.

Cafelat blue 8.5mm on my R58 too. Chamfered edge with writing on goes up against the lip on the edge of the shower screen and up inside the group. The flat edge is what seals against the basket.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Yea i think first time had up wrong way and as its new its tighter than old one, its not so tight now correct way!

must lubricate the shaft to lever to this weekend!

Thanks