MildredM

Bella Barista Theft

When this first came up , I noticed a similar machine for sale on eBay . I sent an email with the details to BellaBarista, (in fact two to the different people I dealt with when I bought my setup from ) and got nothing back . Sort of lost interest then .

just in case somebody sees one of these somewhere (but maybe it needs to be a seperate thread?):

Dear Customer,

Recently, the Fiorenzato M.C: Srl company had a robbery for a huge qunatity of coffee grinder as follows:

1. Model F04E, serial number from 368154 to 368253 .
  2. Model F05GA, serial number from 368929 to 369028.
  3. Model F04GA, serial number from 369691 to 369790.
  4. Model F64E, serial number from 368419 to 368518.
  5. Model F06GA, serial number from 369226 to 369274.
  6. Model F63KA serial number from 369593 to 369617.
  7. Model F64EVO, serial number from 368254 to 368278.
  8. Model F64E XGi, serial number from 368279 to 368303.
  9. Model F64EVO XGi, serial number from 368519 to 368543.

In case that You receive any offer from a different supplier outside of our official distribution net, please verify carefully the serial numbers, asking them in advance: if they were the above ones, please contatct us immediately.

If the offered products were without the silver label of the serial number, it is high possible that the goods comes from the robbery. In this case, we beg you to contact us urgently.

The coffee grinders without the label of the serial number or with the above mentioned serial numbers aren’t under warranty because they haven’t been treated with any quality procedure.

Thank You in advance for Your cooperation.

Fiorenzato M.C. Srl

Posted (edited)

Recovering stolen goods from ebay is a terrible pita.

At work we lose mid 6 digits annually through some punks knowlingly selling stuff they'd been handed out but remained company assets.

Even at that scale, ebay won't help a lot in clearing up these crimes.

Dunno about UK legislation, but in most European countries it is only a crime to buy stolen goods if there is undoubted evidence that you knew they'd been stolen upfront. And that's exactly what ebay is all about.

Once we had a case where two whole truckloads disappeared, went all across Europe through different hands and ultimately popped up at a small competitor more than half a year later. We could connect all the dots but it wasn't enough to successfully fight through a lawsuit.

What had been installed to protect an unsuspecting individual is being shamelessly exploited by professional crooks these days...

Edited by Hasi
typo
  • Like 1

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford