MildredM

Bella Barista Theft

Sharing from their FB Page:

SADLY - the news that a complete Pallet of Rocket Coffee machines were stolen from the delivery vehicle on the way to us has dampened the atmosphere at Bellabarista. We feel it necessary to publish the serial numbers of these machines and are appealing to the public to keep ears and eyes open to catch the criminals responsible. The goods were stolen from a lorry rest station in the Basildon area. They include Rocket R58's, Rocket Giotto V's, Rocket Giotto Evoluzione R, Rocket Mozzafiato R. The serial number are as follows:-

R58 - D1823R5809093, D1823R5809094, D1823R5809098.

GIOTTO TYPE V - D1827GTV11139.

MOZZAFIATO TYPE V - D1822MTV08965, D1826MTV10622.

MOZZAFIATO EVOLUZIONE R - D1818MER07653, D1822MER09006, D1822MER09007.

GIOTTO EVOLUZIONE R - D1811GER04462, D1811GER04463, D1812GER04952

If you hear of anything that may lead to the discovery of these machines please contact us (01933 273275) or the Police. The crime reference is 42/125818/18. Please spread the word and anyone enquiring on Rocket machines, please be vigilant of it's provenance and serial number. PLEASE SHARE.

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Making sticky for a while

Lets hope these thieves are found and the items are recovered

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Omg terrible :(

Hope that the ******s get caught soon

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

I still wonder, when I see new Rocket machines for sale on eBay, if these machine were ever recovered. Anyone know?

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

To be honest most people on here and that's me included were offered a Rocket at silly money I'd bite their hands off.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
To be honest most people on here and that's me included were offered a Rocket at silly money I'd bite their hands off.

hmmm....really! Wondering how you know what 'most people on here' would choose to do...?

Edited by Syenitic
elucidation
  • Like 1

All I can say is I hope that anyone that buys one for silly-money sends it to BB for servicing and gets their arse handed to them on a plate..

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

hmmm....really! Wondering how you know what 'most people on here' would choose to do...?

Everyone loves a bargain. You included.

I prefer not to get done for receiving stolen goods though!

Laissez les bons temps rouler

An honest one, for sure. But with respect you do not know me, nor, in any way how I might choose to behave!

There’s another one popped up today.

Buying stolen goods is a crime . . .

There’s another one popped up today.

Buying stolen goods is a crime . . .

Is that the one on the bay from someone with 1 feedback?

If it’s this one 382893920315 then yes seller has 1 feedback, surprisingly for another ‘unwanted’ Rocket.

A machine, a grinder & some beans

£1200 / 24 feedbacks / brand new in box, was damaged....

£1200 / 24 feedbacks / brand new in box, was damaged....
The one I was looking at is £900 brand new & undamaged! Hadn't noticed the 1 feedback was for another 'unwanted' rocket though.

This one 183773114524

Both smell iffy though, the ol’saying of if it’s too good to be true then...

A machine, a grinder & some beans

Has anyone informed BB of the sales? Presumably they're already covered via insurance (or maybe not) but it is the principle not the money otherwise crooks and those who take advantage of crooks have nothing to worry about.

Even if it means they just get their eBay accounts banned, it just adds to that little bit of inconvenience to the scum.

Especially if we ask for the serial number to check reconcile with the manufacturer date.. it's enough for Bb to go on.

Kit: Some coffee bashers for the beans and some water heater thingies for the brewing bit.

Posted (edited)

Well, last one's serial number ends 326,and seller's face is on every picture. So this may not be one of the stolen ones really.

Edit:I had a look on his previous sales and he sold another rocket machine, but serial numbers don't match with the stolen ones

Edited by Inspector

Gaggia Classic 2010(PID&IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 | Mazzer Major Electronic 2017Niche Zero | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr | Decent Tamper V2 | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

The one I was looking at is £900 brand new & undamaged! Hadn't noticed the 1 feedback was for another 'unwanted' rocket though.

Sure looks like it's dodgy to me....but I suspect the police won't care much unless you provide a photograph of the person stealing it, their name and address, plus video of the actual event....even then they probably won't bother. It's the sad state of affairs with what they term low level crime nowadays, insufficient resources to deal with it.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Sure looks like it's dodgy to me....but I suspect the police won't care much unless you provide a photograph of the person stealing it, their name and address, plus video of the actual event....even then they probably won't bother. It's the sad state of affairs with what they term low level crime nowadays, insufficient resources to deal with it.

Best they'd get would be a crime number to claim on the insurance.. :(

Even if they did haul someone in for questioning, all they'd say is 'Nah bruv, weren't me innit..' and they'd be let off..

Pity companies can't install a security device that shops like BB can deactivate on purchase, a bit like one of those security cases that companies use to transfer money with the dye in. So when some tea-leaf pinches a machine and switches it on, the boiler explodes and sends shrapnel across a 100 sq ft radius.. Tracking devices are quite cheap nowadays as well..

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Has anyone informed BB of the sales? Presumably they're already covered via insurance (or maybe not) but it is the principle not the money otherwise crooks and those who take advantage of crooks have nothing to worry about.

Even if it means they just get their eBay accounts banned, it just adds to that little bit of inconvenience to the scum.

Especially if we ask for the serial number to check reconcile with the manufacturer date.. it's enough for Bb to go on.

Yes ;)

I do not know for certain but I think the cost of insurance for a business on this sort of thing is mad, getting worse with every claim