IGNORED

Best Coffee shops in Norwich

That's pretty much the list I gave somebody the other day. She mentioned going to Norwich with her daughter, and she's not a fan of coffee because she thinks it's a milky bitter drink, but her daughter likes this (or expects this from the big chain coffee places) hence suggesting she went to one of those and find out what a decent coffee is.

• Like 1

I prefer Kofra,as they have more choice and being away from the centre of town it's a bit more of a personal experience, Strangers is good for if your in town,but prefer the roasting shop rather than the food and coffee shop,th t Strangers boys I've always found helpful with any of my coffee problems

• Like 1

I just replied to your welcome thread but Kofra is amazing. Don't forget they're at the SCVA too.

Also check out Ancestors.

There's some other shops around too if you want a proper coffee crawl: Strangers & Little Red Roaster as you already mentioned and also Artel, Unknown, Alchemista, Bread Source, a few more as well but their quality isn't good.

• Like 1

I travelled to Norwich back in March (weekend trip) & Visited:

Smokey Barn

Kofra

Little Red Roaster

Alchemista

Strangers

Artel

Ancestors

Out of all of them I thought Ancestors was the best, the roaster they had on at the time was intelligentsia. A couple of them had roasters from abroad which I thought was unusual given that there so many good UK roasters.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I wasn't a fan of Alchemista.. Huge reviews on TripAdvisor but my first experience was rude and disappointing. I will try again, everybody has an off day but I went round the corner to Stranger's and the difference was marked. They were warm and welcoming. They let me taste a few bits and bobs and were really keen to talk shop and tasting notes. Wholly great experience. We are actually quite spoiled for good little shops here.

Strangers seem to be taking over the city too..! 

I don't like Alchemista, always found them friendly but the coffee average and no filter.

Norwich has always had some fantastic shops for it's size.

Kofra for me all the way still. 3 shops around the city.

Strangers are really nice guys but I don't enjoy the roasts or ambience as much. Fika (in what was The Window) is fantastic. Ancestors is good. Artel not my scene. I think Smokey Barn has changed owners again. Bread Source are a great bakery doing good coffee too, 4 sites in the city now. Red Roaster not been to in ages. There's another new one happening soon too.  

Edited by aaronb
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Grimley said:

Been a few changes since i was last there about 15 months ago, Dunno when I'll be able to travel up there again.  Anyone here tried littlehaven apart from me?

Not under the current owner, but under the previous owner it was not specialty grade coffee or environment. 

• 3 weeks later...