:waiting: Oh dear , its developed a fault , 2 days after running some citric acid cleaner through

Switch on OK both lights come on , heats up as normal , when I lift the leaver letting the hot water through the portafilter the pump sometimes works as normal , other times it makes a low level hum and no water , any ideas please ?

ECM Heidelberg Barista Espresso Coffee Machine :coffee:

Eureka Mignon grinder

Maybe some scale stuck, but I could be wrong, how hard and what water do you use.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

If the pump just makes a 'Hum' that suggests the pump is seizing, not rotating, I believe there is internal pump motor protection should it overheat, Unless DavecUK has other suggestions, it would be prudent if you are so minded to carry out some minor surgery as it does sound as though some scale is possibly the culprit, the fact you say it does work sometimes is curious, I would be equally concerned that you may have pushed scale along to other parts of the machine.

Strange though that you would have scale before the boiler, bottled or filtered tap supply ?.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Put up a YouTube video of normal and not normal, don't use a portafilters so we can see the flow. What does brew pressure gauge show (if it has one)

Crem One 2B DBPP (pre production version), ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DBPP (paddle flow control), Lelit Mara X Prototype, BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK, Eureka Atom Speciality 75, Eureka "Blow UP System", VDT Vibration thing: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

If the pump just makes a 'Hum' that suggests the pump is seizing, not rotating, I believe there is internal pump motor protection should it overheat

Just for clarification, this machine has a vibe pump.

https://www.ecm.de/en/products/details/product/Product/Details/barista/

Just for clarification, this machine has a vibe pump.

https://www.ecm.de/en/products/details/product/Product/Details/barista/

OK .. I have come across a vibe pump where the oscillating part had become seized through being idle for a considerable time, unfortunately unfamiliar with the internal make up of these vibe pumps (Material) and being idle appears not to be the case here.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

The 'hum' from the vibe pump could be back pressure but it depends on how you are describing the hum. If it just sounds like you have a blanking disc/basket in then likely something blocking the water path, if it sounds different to this then potentially a failing vibe pump (easy and cheap to replace).

If you can get a vid up as Dave suggests it will be easier to know with greater certainty.

OK thanks , will see if I can do a video later today and post it up

Eureka Mignon grinder

Change of plans I wont have time for the video today , looks like tomorrow now

Eureka Mignon grinder

Worked a 14 hour night shift last night , cought in the M25 chaos , and I am in again at 22.00 so won't have time today , will do it as soon as I have time , thanks

Eureka Mignon grinder

Powered up the machine 1/2 hour ago , achived temperature , ground some beans and gave it a go

Typical it worked so am just sitting down now for a brew , thinking about the problem it dawned on me that it happens when the machine has been on for a longer time

Will try again in a hour or two and report back

It's slerp time now :coffee:

Edited by Instant no more !

Eureka Mignon grinder

Its stopped working , I have done a very ammeter video that I will upload tomorrow as I am off to work now :(

Eureka Mignon grinder

The (reasonably) good news is that if it’s terminal with the pump, they’re cheap and usually easy to fit.

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just a replacement pump from ebay and fit it.....at worst you will have a spare.

Crem One 2B DBPP (pre production version), ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DBPP (paddle flow control), Lelit Mara X Prototype, BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK, Eureka Atom Speciality 75, Eureka "Blow UP System", VDT Vibration thing: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

I would put good money on that being a dud pump, dead easy to replace so should be back up and running in no time.

I do hope so , Im suffering withdrawal symptoms :yuk:

mm shakey hands not a good sign when swapping things out? I suggest you get a magnetic tray for all those metal bits,haha

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

I do hope so , Im suffering withdrawal symptoms :yuk:

Aye, the control panel on my machine went this morning, having to use the backup Flair - was about a hour late to work today :whistle:

Ordered a pump via Amazon yesterday , Had a email from Amazon today saying the order is cancelled ?

Doh ! just tried again with a different seller

Eureka Mignon grinder

New pump arrived today , stripped down the ECM , removed the pump only to find a different part number ?

Pumps look identical , have the same fittings , both made by ULKA , Both Model E ,

Both 230v ,50Hz ,48 watts , CI 155 Tf 35 ,CS M6294

The difference comes with the Type number , The original is Type EX5 the replacement is EP7

Anyone know if it alright to fit the new one ? or see if I can find a Type EX5

Eureka Mignon grinder

A Google search suggests the EP7 is an earlier older version and the EX5 supposedly a later one with more pressure.

Jon.