DavecUK

ACS Minima Beta Machines - creating list of people who want one

You mean ACS have not contacted you yet to ask for payment?

They did just today :cool: ...heven't checked my mail until now :whistle:

Money sent via TransferWise. I'm looking forward to pairing the Minima and my Classic with a Quiche* Zero. Hopefully soonish!

(* I can't stop thinking of the Niche as a 'Quiche' since DaveC's recent video...)

Baseline: Bodum Arabica French Press, Pact pre-ground // Gotta start somewhere!

June-18: Gaggia Classic (2007) w/usual refinements; VST basket; Fiorenzato F5 w/lens hood mod.

Sep-18: Espro Ultralight Travel Press // Not cheap, but worth every cent.

Oct-18: ACS Minima Beta, Niche Zero. Pullman 18g basket & Big Step // Livin' the dream

Dang. It's mostly about beans, and consistency.

Small and unimpressive.....

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

I really want a Moanalith, obvs.

June-18: Gaggia Classic (2007) w/usual refinements; VST basket; Fiorenzato F5 w/lens hood mod.

Oct-18: ACS Minima Beta, Niche Zero. Pullman 18g basket & Big Step // Livin' the dream

So would the price be £860 posted if paying via paypal or more to compensate for conversion loss?

Paypal usually work out cheaper than any UK bank when a currency is involved mainly down to the transaction charge banks stick on but the person you are buying from might not like the fee they pay if it's made via for goods or services. If a buyer pays that there probably isn't much difference, in fact the bank may be a touch cheaper but exchange rates vary.

If Davec starts travelling around this lot really do offer something convenient for changing currencies

https://www.revolut.com/

also probably transfers but people will need to take a look. All done on a mobile phone.

John

-

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Profitec T64. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A, Ceado 37J. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

:pToo many filter baskets - maybe. For sale when I get round to it. Robur Elect, Ceado 37J, Ascaso i_1,Piccino

Well lets hope Gicar pull their finger out doing that software change......

Indeed. If not, is it possible to update the Gicar firmware later?

Indeed. If not, is it possible to update the Gicar firmware later?

Not for us, ACS can do it. However, the intention is for it to be done.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Thank you Dave

Paid using transferwise. 1 GBP = 1.11 EUR. I'd like to say GBP can't sink much lower but our prime minister might not be done dancing yet.

Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E, Pharos VDD -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

Paid using bank wire. 1EUR=1EUR, no fees :whistle:

Hi

are there any of these machines remaining unsold?

i would be interested in one

thanks

There were only enough parts to build a limited number....so I don't think so....unless he gets more parts he can turn into more Beta machines. I am sending a couple of machines back (Alpha 1 and Alpha 2), those will be decommissioned and may give some parts as one has only been on for perhaps a few hour and the other had a hard life during shipment. If it changes, I'll make sure you get first dibs.

The reason is that for production (assuming a successful beta) there would be a large orders for groups of parts, especially as some get specifically customised (e.g. Gicar firmware), panels etc.. Those go all into a fully costed production machine build and from that the Retail price is built. parts may also be slightly different depending on Beta feedback.

A small update on the status of Betas options and software fixes:

Please remember these are Beta machines, so may have differences and Idiosyncrasies from production models. As always though I do have some news of things that are planned to happen for the Beta machines before you get them....the level of certainty will be indicated as a percentage.

1. Gicar are being asked to change the firmware to remove steam temperature display bug that is not actually usage affecting (Completed)

2. Gicar are being asked to extend Last shot protection to include disabling service boiler autofill as well, so it works the same as a Vesuvius (Completed)

3. Changes to the capillary tube for the brew pressure gauge to give a steadier needle, no guarantee it will be steadier. Yesterday my needle went from steady to quivering, I put it down to a too short capillary tube? may or may not stop the problem (will be done, no guarantee it will solve problem)

4. Minor additions to the accessory kit (Agreed subject to cost control)

5. Possibility of adding some extra factory price accessories to the machine for I had hoped perhaps an extra £10, but looking at costs it will probably be slightly more than £18 (80%)

In addition I am getting some wooden pieces to try (handles and knobs) I will photograph them....if there is time the factory will come up for a fitted price for those instead of standard components.

So good news and I have seen video evidence of the change 1 and 2. This means build should start in a day or so...but remember this will be first batch build, so they will be taking a little more time and accessories need to be obtained.

Ace!

Can‘t wait :popcorn:

What about contents of the extra accessories kit? Wouldn't necessarily mind 18 quid if worthwhile...

Just a quick update, the machines will be shipped next week just under test and waiting for all necessary parts to complete the accessories. All the payment are made and i would like to thank you for prompt reaction. I hope to receive a feedback soon from everybody.

Thanks Again to partecipate.

Paolo

Will there be some sorts of procedures we are required or requested to take? Any questionnaires or forms to be filled in?

Or simply get going as we are used to and report experiences and issues as they arise?

Will there be some sorts of procedures we are required or requested to take? Any questionnaires or forms to be filled in?

Or simply get going as we are used to and report experiences and issues as they arise?

Basically i need your user experience and of course how it perform.

I was tempted to ask if the group pressure gauges could be thrown in for a price. Especially if there is a slight possibility of pressure profiling with a needle valve in the future. It's something I'll be looking into eventually.

Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E, Pharos VDD -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

I was tempted to ask if the group pressure gauges could be thrown in for a price. Especially if there is a slight possibility of pressure profiling with a needle valve in the future. It's something I'll be looking into eventually.

It was already in hand in terms of a kit of extras people could purchase e.g. Naked Portafilter Body + E61 Pressure Gauge. It's just getting a price out of ACS for this so that betas can buy them. I am also getting a set of walnut wood knobs and handles (but I don't know how quickly) to photo on the machine to see if it's worthwhile making it a factory fit option. Sadly these are much more expensive than I thought they would be (perhaps I am out of touch)....specifically the knobs. It also depends on time.

It was already in hand in terms of a kit of extras people could purchase e.g. Naked Portafilter Body + E61 Pressure Gauge. It's just getting a price out of ACS for this so that betas can buy them. I am also getting a set of walnut wood knobs and handles (but I don't know how quickly) to photo on the machine to see if it's worthwhile making it a factory fit option. Sadly these are much more expensive than I thought they would be (perhaps I am out of touch)....specifically the knobs. It also depends on time.

Is the machine not coming with a naked portafilter head as standard?

Beans>Grinders>Machines

@joey24dirt ex-factory option!! :popcorn:

Always willing

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Is the machine not coming with a naked portafilter head as standard?

No, it's in the Beta review, which people were urged to read and told that was how people should expect the Minima would come.

No, it's in the review, which people were urged to read and told that was how the Minima would come.

Oops sorry, post 255 something on the old thread did say the machine was envisioned to come with a naked head but I hadn’t realised what was in the review. I’d definitely be up for paying a little extra for more accessories.

Beans>Grinders>Machines

OK some information on accessories available at special prices as a thank you to Beta testers and that can be popped in the box before delivery. You can choose all 3 or just the ones you want all prices include VAT

• Orman E61 group pressure gauge (same as the optional one on Vesuvus, but remember it will sit slightly pointing to the left on the solenoid group) 12.50 euro
  • Bottomless portafilter (body only as you will have handles) 12.50 euro
  • Aluminum Tamper one piece with ACS Logo, 58mm flat base (nice) 16 euro

acs tamper2.JPG

The pressure gauge will come unfitted and it's a 5 minute job to undo the group hex screw, wrap 5-7 turns of PTFE tape around the gauge thread and screw it in.

My personal thoughts are it's all so cheap it makes sense and the tamper is a nice touch if you don't already have one on simply want to complete the branding. Your thoughts on this stuff when you get it will help shape the optional extra accessory pack for the Minima when it goes into production and it's final cost. As before if you want this, list what you want on the thread and then simply drop me a pm with your e-mail and a list of items, then ACS can send an invoice.

P.S. These items are only available to Beta testers.

acs tamper.JPG