DavecUK

ACS Minima Beta Machines - creating list of people who want one

Hi , I have had a think about the beta machine and at the moment I will withdraw from this ,

I need to fix my ECM Barista so will need the money for this.

Hope you understand

Thanks

ECM Heidelberg Barista Espresso Coffee Machine :coffee:

Eureka Mignon grinder

@Paolo_Cortese so how what is the price in Euros? There shouldn't be a conversion loss on your end surely, as the bank is converting the payment to euros when it's sent?

Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E, Pharos VDD -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

Hi , I have had a think about the beta machine and at the moment I will withdraw from this ,

I need to fix my ECM Barista so will need the money for this.

Hope you understand

Thanks

Not a problem, that leaves 1 machine remaining if anyone else is interested....Andrew was with me today and we pulled some nice shots on the Minima with his nice (and expensive) coffee, plus some of my old rubbish.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Wouldn't it be good if you had Airbnb,ha

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

@Paolo_Cortese so how what is the price in Euros? There shouldn't be a conversion loss on your end surely, as the bank is converting the payment to euros when it's sent?

The price in euro shipping included is 970 euro. When I ask payment I ask in euro, I mean that my email is “the payment on this account is 970 euro” and our customer send 970 euro there is no conversion from my side. You have to ask to your bank how much cost to send 970 euro and you will finally find your total cost. I hope that I’m clear.

That would be great, I'm interested in the possibility of doing a joystick conversion too.

I have to change what i told you before, the conversion it's not possible because the steam wand touch the knob of the steam tap and water also, i should change the design of the wand also and honestly the machine looks very bad because the long joystick go over of the foot print too much.

Guys I checked out the toggle valves as well, they would actually come way outside the footprint of the machine and look really weird. I have talked to Paolo about investigating some other options around wood handles and knobs, because perhaps those can be fitted at factory, but the circular valve knobs and shorter valves do seem to make a lot more sense.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

The price in euro shipping included is 970 euro. When I ask payment I ask in euro, I mean that my email is “the payment on this account is 970 euro” and our customer send 970 euro there is no conversion from my side. You have to ask to your bank how much cost to send 970 euro and you will finally find your total cost. I hope that I’m clear.

So would the price be £860 posted if paying via paypal or more to compensate for conversion loss?

Beans>Grinders>Machines

So would the price be £860 posted if paying via paypal or more to compensate for conversion loss?

that question is only answerable by paypal, they charge the conversion rates...not ACS.

I am sure it's only bank card no paypal, it was when I paid last time

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

that question is only answerable by paypal, they charge the conversion rates...not ACS.

I see, as of yet if I go onto the paypal site and select sending money abroad, for ACS to receive 970 euros I would have to send £906.84 which is a £46 loss due to the conversion. If transferring the money through the bank would conversion fees be a lot less? I have no experience in sending such large amounts abroad.

Beans>Grinders>Machines

I see, as of yet if I go onto the paypal site and select sending money abroad, for ACS to receive 970 euros I would have to send £906.84 which is a £46 loss due to the conversion. If transferring the money through the bank would conversion fees be a lot less? I have no experience in sending such large amounts abroad.

You can only ask your bank....from ACS perspective, they simply get 970 or whatever it is in Euros, all conversion charges are the bank or paypal...

search around there are other ways

https://transferwise.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&matchtype=b&device=c&creative=151943315496&keyword=%2Bpayment%20to%20%2Beuro&campaignid=139376454&adgroupid=8028907134&utm_campaign=139376454___8028907134&gclid=CjwKCAjwzqPcBRAnEiwAzKRgS2UsrZyFSrSqoRWLDkesNQZ_tp1kUhZ28T7Va90uhJWPfSRCyKAUJRoCXakQAvD_BwE

I think I may transfer through the bank as the fees for my bank (Barclays) would be just £15

Beans>Grinders>Machines

Will be far easier to do that. just cover the Euro rate.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

I think I may transfer through the bank as the fees for my bank (Barclays) would be just £15

Seems the best way

+1 for Transferwise. I used them recently to pay someone in Norway in NOK. Was easy and rate was fine.

Baseline: Bodum Arabica French Press, Pact pre-ground // Gotta start somewhere!

June-18: Gaggia Classic (2007) w/usual refinements; VST basket; Fiorenzato F5 w/lens hood mod.

Sep-18: Espro Ultralight Travel Press // Not cheap, but worth every cent.

Oct-18: ACS Minima Beta, Niche Zero. Pullman 18g basket & Big Step // Livin' the dream

Dang. It's mostly about beans, and consistency.

+1 for Transferwise. I used them recently to pay someone in Norway in NOK. Was easy and rate was fine.

I’m about to use Transferwise to pay but am surprised by how easy it is to use, all I need is the IBAN number which seems almost too easy.

Beans>Grinders>Machines

I’m about to use Transferwise to pay but am surprised by how easy it is to use, all I need is the IBAN number which seems almost too easy.

Dunno, just found it on that money saving website...never done anything like it myself, yet. I used to wonder about keeping a euro credit card and then using that on hols, but i don't really travel to europe enough (at all) to make it worthwhile.

Dunno, just found it on that money saving website...never done anything like it myself, yet. I used to wonder about keeping a euro credit card and then using that on hols, but i don't really travel to europe enough (at all) to make it worthwhile.

Well I have now paid the full amount via TransferWise which costed me £871.93 and I eagerly anticipate the arrival of the machine.

Beans>Grinders>Machines

Well I have now paid the full amount via TransferWise which costed me £871.93 and I eagerly anticipate the arrival of the machine.

Well lets hope Gicar pull their finger out doing that software change......

Payment? Done? Shipping? What?!

Have I missed something?

Payment? Done? Shipping? What?!

Have I missed something?

I'm going to guess here...did you add the £20 gbp for shipping contribution, because they are air shipped, and if not UK might be a slightly different price?

I'm going to guess here...did you add the £20 gbp for shipping contribution, because they are air shipped, and if not UK might be a slightly different price?

Nah, haven’t received the IBAN ...or have I been sleeping?

Nah, haven’t received the IBAN ...or have I been sleeping?

You mean ACS have not contacted you yet to ask for payment?