Selling as it’s not getting the use it once did, and I also need the space.

I’ve added/replaced some items as follows...

Replacement compound slide

New belts

New tool post

New tools

New 4 jaw chuck internal & external

New (refurbished) tailstock & live centre

Possibly a few more bits but I can’t think.

This thing is HEAVY. I’d guess around 1/2 ton all in. I can just about lift the bed fully stripped down, so you will need two strong people and a van or trailer. I can help also.

a2e05982d1c0e53961260f5bf2dcdb9d.jpg

b16d7321a31ea5f1ddb5a8a7a8af0437.jpg

34deaba2eeb7a4f623be90a51a98da50.jpg

The pictures have reminded me I also replaced the switch box and added an emergency stop.

The lathe itself was made around the 1950’s so it’s a good age and looks a little rough around the edges, but it works. With a little more tlc it would be a great addition to any workshop.

Any further questions ask away and I’ll do my best to answer them

Cheers

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Forum delivery to Somerset

It doesn't matter how you get there it's only the end result that matters

Forum delivery to Somerset

And on the way up swing by Swindon I’ll knock money off for the trouble

I have family down that way but they only have a small car.

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Was thinking you'd include delivery, and I don't mind which route you take, go via Calgary if you so wish or the continent I really don't mind

Was thinking you'd include delivery, and I don't mind which route you take, go via Calgary if you so wish or the continent I really don't mind

Yeah I should maybe point out collection only

Edited by joey24dirt

@SkateReclaimCreate

Good luck with the sale and the bunker

Having done it these aren't too bad to move. Take the saddle, tailstock, head and drive unit off. ;) The results are a lot easier to handle. The bolts that hold the head down are often a bit looser than they should be as it's a common way of moving them. A bent spanner helps undo and do them up properly. ;) Don't ask why but I have a photo

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36070[/ATTACH]

A long spanner isn't a good idea.

Mine was bought back in a Passat estate in one piece but as usual one of the headstock bolts was a bit loose. I also needed to get it off to replace the headstock bearings mainly in my case because previous owners hadn't kept them adjusted. Mine hasn't seen much use. As they are proper lathes wear other than headstock bearings doesn't cause them much grief. Bed wear can cause them to turn a bit of a taper and the cross slides usually wear a bit so can't be adjusted perfectly. ;)Interesting to see what similar problems cause on a Myford.

I wonder if Joey is going down the Chinese lathe route. The things are a minefield. I'll be sticking with my 70's boxford ME10.

John

-

Edited by ajohn

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Profitec T64. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A, Ceado 37J. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

:pToo many filter baskets - maybe. For sale when I get round to it. Robur Elect, Ceado 37J, Ascaso i_1,Piccino

A quality metal lathe, all the parts are available and they roll on for ever, If I was the other side of the country or had a van it would be in my bunker by now

keep calm and grind flat

A quality metal lathe, all the parts are available and they roll on for ever, If I was the other side of the country or had a van it would be in my bunker by now
Gotta be worth hiring a van for a day or two.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Apparently CC is planning a visit. Get him to collect it

@SkateReclaimCreate

Having done it these aren't too bad to move. Take the saddle, tailstock, head and drive unit off. ;) The results are a lot easier to handle. The bolts that hold the head down are often a bit looser than they should be as it's a common way of moving them. A bent spanner helps undo and do them up properly. ;) Don't ask why but I have a photo

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36070[/ATTACH]

A long spanner isn't a good idea.

Mine was bought back in a Passat estate in one piece but as usual one of the headstock bolts was a bit loose. I also needed to get it off to replace the headstock bearings mainly in my case because previous owners hadn't kept them adjusted. Mine hasn't seen much use. As they are proper lathes wear other than headstock bearings doesn't cause them much grief. Bed wear can cause them to turn a bit of a taper and the cross slides usually wear a bit so can't be adjusted perfectly. ;)Interesting to see what similar problems cause on a Myford.

I wonder if Joey is going down the Chinese lathe route. The things are a minefield. I'll be sticking with my 70's boxford ME10.

John

-

That what I did to move it John. I stripped it all down and took it piece by piece. Even so still heavy. Plus there’s 25 steps up to my house and a half built extension to climb through hence the two strong people.

@SkateReclaimCreate

I wouldn't say they roll on for ever and Boxford have sold out of many parts but that lathe doesn't need any. The headstock bearings are standard parts, details can be found in the yahoo boxford group also I think on lathes.co.uk. Certain models may need a bit of a mod to the bearing covers. My ME10 is basically the same lathe but it has all of the features that they added to the underdrive models. That's mainly the style of power feed - it can be run up against a stop - do that on the earlier ones and "bang". They sold ME10's for a remarkable price until they ran out stock of some of the rear drive castings. ME stands for Model Engineer.

What makes them good is the design of the bed. In pristine condition they really are precision lathes and later take bed wear pretty well compared with other styles. Wear is something people have to put up with on used lathes. ;) All I can say on that score is some designs really suffer as they wear. Myford is an excellent example. Boxfords have often been used as workshop lathes = usually less use than say something out of a toolroom which is likely to be bigger and even heavier anyway. Some have been used by what could be called home turners - they make batches of turned parts for companies. That does wear then out more - n days a week of continuous use. The fact that these people would buy them says something about the lathe.

John

-

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Profitec T64. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A, Ceado 37J. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

:pToo many filter baskets - maybe. For sale when I get round to it. Robur Elect, Ceado 37J, Ascaso i_1,Piccino

Buuuump

@SkateReclaimCreate

If only I had the space, this is ridiculously good value, especially when compared to a similarly priced cheaply-made thing that would be available from China.

I’ll bump the price up then haha nah it’s roughly what I paid for it so happy at that. I also need the space.

@SkateReclaimCreate

Bump

@SkateReclaimCreate

@joey24dirt Over on a Lotus forum, a member has just asked about a Boxford that was (but is no longer) for sale, so don't know the etiquette for non-members to be shown items advertised here. If you know that it's OK to do, and it's still for sale then I'm happy to put you in touch with each other. Andy

[quote name='AndyDClements']@joey24dirt Over on a Lotus forum, a member has just asked about a Boxford that was (but is no longer) for sale, so don't know the etiquette for non-members to be shown items advertised here. If you know that it's OK to do, and it's still for sale then I'm happy to put you in touch with each other. Andy[/QUOTE] I don’t see why not thank you

@SkateReclaimCreate

Again, another bump to see if can can temp anyone. A lad at work (who loves to drive) said he would deliver this if someone bought him a tow bar for his car . Not likely to happen then.

Going to advertise on eBay in the next day or so.

@SkateReclaimCreate

Now sold ......

@SkateReclaimCreate

Expect to see you hanging around Axminster in the near future...spend wisely as that place is full temptation

Expect to see you hanging around Axminster in the near future...spend wisely as that place is full temptation

Ha yes. I’m glad I live the other end of the country

@SkateReclaimCreate

Ha yes. I’m glad I live the other end of the country
I suppose I shouldn't mention they have a branch in North Shields them ;-)

keep calm and grind flat

I suppose I shouldn't mention they have a branch in North Shields them ;-)

Haha I know they do, I’m just trying to blank that from my head

@SkateReclaimCreate

Changed title to SOLD.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.