Stubhoy

Starbucks/Costa beans

Anyone know where I can get a bean which is like these ones from coffee compass or similar?

Gaggia classic, Eureka Mignon

What dark and Burnt,haha

Try Rave or Coffee Compass.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Coffee Compass Hill & Valley?

Unfortunately the epic review seems to have gone when they changed the website.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Simple. Buy something decent, roast it until it resembles charcoal, spray it with WD40, serve.

VOILA!

Nuova Simonelli Personal 1 ¦ Mazzer SJ

If you want something with a traditional chocolate and nutty taste try Rave Italian Job or Signature Blend.

Gaggia Classic (2006), Eureka Mignon MK2

Good choice with Hill and Valley for that traditional dark roast flavour. I would also recommend their Mahogany Roast Jampit Hit, probably my fave so far.

Vesuvius | Niche grinder | Mazzer Super Jolly | This week I shall mostly be drinking ... Foundry - Rio Magdalena, Colombia

P1: 2 [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] ('lever profile')

Trying the hill and valley cheers
Found the review (think this might actually be the first draft of what used to be on the CC website).

Good choice with Hill and Valley for that traditional dark roast flavour. I would also recommend their Mahogany Roast Jampit Hit, probably my fave so far.
Couldn't agree more. When I first got my tebe I made a few successive orders of the espresso selection (3 x 500g). I figured it was a good amount while I was learning to dial in my grinder & offered a bit of variation evry week or 2 at a good price.

Couldn't agree more. When I first got my tebe I made a few successive orders of the espresso selection (3 x 500g). I figured it was a good amount while I was learning to dial in my grinder & offered a bit of variation evry week or 2 at a good price.

Looks like a great deal, think I will order some!

Sage DB, Mazzer Major, Mazzer Mini Doser (decaf), Orphan Espresso Lido 2 hand grinder (chemex)

Simple. Buy something decent, roast it until it resembles charcoal, spray it with WD40, serve.

VOILA!

Haha!!

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

Already tried that mate after reading about it on here, that’s why I thought I would ask what other ones to try.

Gaggia classic, Eureka Mignon

The Rave Italian Job is a good coffee if you like the dark side of coffee.
I have just opened my first bag of this....and was plesently surprised, I did drink it and think of cafe Nero but saying that Girlfriend loved it. I will definitely be keeping a bag of this for the lattes and something a bit different for espresso.

If that is your taste profile (Costa/Starbucks), get yourself to a Costco and buy their 1KG bags of Starbucks or Lavazza wholebeans.

Someone you know probably has a card - coffee is around £10 for a bag. I always keep a bag of Lavazza in the freezer as part of my emergency stash when I've ordered too late and need to let the beans rest.

The Lavazza isn't half bad actually. The starbucks stuff are proper oily beans with that fishy smell when you crack open a new bag.

Kit: Some coffee bashers for the beans and some water heater thingies for the brewing bit.

Hi Guys, any recommendations for beans from Redber or any other roasters suitable for espresso (lungo) on its own , I like a chocolate taste, full bodied with thick golden Crema and medium roast preferably. I Did try from Rave starter pack but didn’t like them, maybe bad badge was sent, now I like to try from a different place. Anything that taste similar to Lavazza rossa or super Crema would suit me perfectly fine. I usually never drink coffee outside home and can’t compare the taste of the big chains or artisans coffees, latest are on the list to do things when out and about.

Thanks in advance.

Why don't you just continue to buy Lavazza Rossa or Super Crema if that's the taste you want.

Why do you want a thick golden crema out of curiosity?

Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E, Pharos VDD -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

Hi Guys, any recommendations for beans from Redber or any other roasters suitable for espresso (lungo) on its own , I like a chocolate taste, full bodied with thick golden Crema and medium roast preferably. I Did try from Rave starter pack but didn’t like them, maybe bad badge was sent, now I like to try from a different place. Anything that taste similar to Lavazza rossa or super Crema would suit me perfectly fine. I usually never drink coffee outside home and can’t compare the taste of the big chains or artisans coffees, latest are on the list to do things when out and about.

Thanks in advance.

I've just finished a bag of their Monsooned Malabar beans which are superb and I'm currently drinking the Italian cafe blend which is also very good.

I started buying from Redber a few months ago after a recommendation from @Iris and I have never had a bad bag of beans from them.

https://www.redber.co.uk/collections/asia-and-pacific-coffee-beans/products/monsooned-malabar-aa-dark-roast

https://www.redber.co.uk/collections/coffee-blends-espresso-decaf-filter-ground/products/caffe-italiano-espresso-blend-coffee

Posted (edited)

For redber, I can recommend their Sumatran Mandhelling

Edited by jj-x-ray

Gaggia Classic Chrome - Mignon Specialita 55

I've just finished a bag of their Monsooned Malabar beans which are superb and I'm currently drinking the Italian cafe blend which is also very good.

I started buying from Redber a few months ago after a recommendation from @Iris and I have never had a bad bag of beans from them.

https://www.redber.co.uk/collections/asia-and-pacific-coffee-beans/products/monsooned-malabar-aa-dark-roast

https://www.redber.co.uk/collections/coffee-blends-espresso-decaf-filter-ground/products/caffe-italiano-espresso-blend-coffee

Yes I love Redber, fresh, tasty, high quality beans, delivered quickly and super reasonable on price.

Thanks in advance.

love these beans from redber https://www.redber.co.uk/products/brazil-dulce-natural-medium-dark

Thanks a lot, I will give them a try. Now have a bag of Bird and Wild espresso blend and I like it, it’s different from my regular espresso but it’s ok, did try their seasonal blend but it’s too flowery for me.