Sign in to follow this  
FuzzyFeltDeath

Wanted: Grinder - Mazzer, Mignon etc. Possible Gaggia Classic

Good afternoon everyone,

Looking more and more certain that I'm allowed to spend a little on the coffee habit from the SWMBO.

I'm pretty certain that the machine it self will be a Sage DTP, but I'm still open minded about the likes of a Gaggia Classic.

What I do need is a grinder, so looking for one of the normally touted machines.

Anyone looking to upgrade grinder and/or machine?

Budget around £200 grinder and £150 for the Classic.

Location is North Shropshire/Chester but also get to Bangor/Wirral/Warrington area often if helpful.

Edited by FuzzyFeltDeath

How much is your budget would be handy thing to know

¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop

How much is your budget would be handy thing to know

Sorry it would be a good idea!

About £200 would be my upper limit for the grinder and £150 for the machine I believe.

Sorry it would be a good idea!

About £200 would be my upper limit for the grinder and £150 for the machine I believe.

Then your in used machine and grinder territory. Do you think you will be upgrading again, or is that going to be it for the next 10-15 years?

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

Then your in used machine and grinder territory. Do you think you will be upgrading again, or is that going to be it for the next 10-15 years?

I can't see me being able to upgrade to be honest, far too many other things I'd be pressed to buy first. I've a Wilfra Svart that does the job for v60, aeropress, turkish, french etc. If I could find a grinder that does both espresso and other grinds with ease I'd be happy to sell the Svart to help fund the extra, but there doesn't seem to be much love for grinders for both.

I have mazzer super jolly that im willing to sell, if your willing to collect from Birmingham, will sell for £100. Or if you can arrange a courier. Be warned though, its huge

I have mazzer super jolly that im willing to sell, if your willing to collect from Birmingham, will sell for £100. Or if you can arrange a courier. Be warned though, its huge

Very interested.

What's the condition of the unit like?

I have a Gaggia Classic which I've retired for the moment because the steam wand drips quite noticeably. There is a fix if you're good at DIY. Otherwise all works fine, descaled regularly, 9 OPV. It's an original Classic but made just after the move to Romania, no doubt with a lot of Italian left over parts. Looking for £95. Kensington, London.

Gaggia Baby 2002 and 2005, Mazzer Major, Motta 58.4mm tamper

I have a Gaggia Classic which I've retired for the moment because the steam wand drips quite noticeably. There is a fix if you're good at DIY. Otherwise all works fine, descaled regularly, 9 OPV. It's an original Classic but made just after the move to Romania, no doubt with a lot of Italian left over parts. Looking for £95. Kensington, London.

Thank you for the offer, but the combination of Romania and postage is just pushing me towards another machine.

I purchased the mazzer about 1 year ago, from this forum. It was in good working condition at the time. I havent used it unfortunately, its been sitting idle in my kitchen. Its just too big for my kitchen.544466B6-E706-4952-B5D8-5AE271ADA8A9.jpeg

No idea mate sorry, i would prefer you to collect. If you can arrange a courier, i will do my best to pack it.

1995 'Coffee Gaggia' with full Gaggia Classic conversion, DIY PID Controller, OPV set to 9bar, Silvia steam wand, Botomless PF, VST 15g Basket, Motta 58mm Tamper and Ascaso I-Mini grinder

Are you still looking? I have a Eureka Mignon in Chrome coming up in the next day or 2. Still under warranty with Bella Barrista will accept £215 plus shipping?

Expobar Brewtus - La Pavoni Europiccola - Zenith 65E Eureka Mignon chrome

Sign in to follow this  

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo