Rhys

Would like a borrow.. EK43 tool

Don't suppose anyone local to me has an EK43 alignment tool I could borrow? I've tried doing mine the Heath Robinson way (Allen Key wedged in the spindle with the L end toucjing the burrs then spinning.. This gives me an idea where it's touching or not, but not on how much. I've shimmed it with tin foil but better doing it the proper way.

Cheers. :)

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

I gave one away to a coffee forum member for free, exactly to let everyone have a go with it. I don’t remember who it was, I will have to check when I am back home.

You guys should have one alignment tool to just check and send it to the next EK43 owner. It has a real impact when you compare the shots (before and after) in addition the better performance doesn’t cost you a penny.

Hey @Rhys

If you are in no rush; I have a tool you are welcome to borrow! I'll most likely need to post it to you, but shouldn't be too expensive at all.

It won't be for 10 days or so though as I'm away with work.

Thanks

Andy

Don't suppose anyone local to me has an EK43 alignment tool I could borrow? I've tried doing mine the Heath Robinson way (Allen Key wedged in the spindle with the L end toucjing the burrs then spinning.. This gives me an idea where it's touching or not, but not on how much. I've shimmed it with tin foil but better doing it the proper way.

Cheers. :)

Machine: Londinium L1

Grinder: EK43LE

Beans: Baristrocracy Ethiopian

Instagram: andrewrellim

Hey @Rhys

If you are in no rush; I have a tool you are welcome to borrow! I'll most likely need to post it to you, but shouldn't be too expensive at all.

It won't be for 10 days or so though as I'm away with work.

Thanks

Andy

Cheers Andy.

I'm not in a great rush as I can tinker with it until then. Would be interesting to see where Frank's donated forum one has got to (and if there are still some shims with it). Debating whether to buy some slip gauges to make shims in the meantime.

My method only tells me the high point on the burrs, and not how much it's out.

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

He will get in touch with you this week @Rhys

Cheers Frank :)

@Terranova not heard anything yet, maybe sidetracked.. :)

Frank is on vacation in Italy as far as I know!

An espresso machine and a grinder - who wants to read a whole list?

@Terranova not heard anything yet, maybe sidetracked.. :)

As offered; if the above falls through; I have mine- with a full set of shims. Happy to post whenever.

Andy

Machine: Londinium L1

Grinder: EK43LE

Beans: Baristrocracy Ethiopian

Instagram: andrewrellim

Just wrote to @Xpenno to get in touch with you @Rhys

Thanks Frank. Yes he’s messaged me and we’re in contact :)