joey24dirt

Amateur Latte Art Challenge 2018

If no one steps up then I am willing and able - or I will be when I’ve read up on past LACs if you give me a day or two.

Edit to add: and only if @Snakehips will assist and offer advice seeing as he’s such an experienced forum addict!

@MildredM You get my vote!!!! And don’t forget.... we love it when you’re strict!

As a competitor, number one seed and bookies favourite I’m not sure how much organisational involvement it would be politic for me to have. However, my assistance will be there if you need it.

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

As a competitor, number one seed and bookies favourite I’m not sure how much organisational involvement it would be politic for me to have.

Don't worry!

You overdid it, already.

Right now.

@MildredM you’re a star

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

@MildredM you’re a star

Creep!!!

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Creep!!!

buttering up the judging panel

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

buttering up the judging panel

I will send my PayPal details shortly :) :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Stop it already before they start withdrawing...

I am still studying past LACs and it is starting to make sense. May need a bit of advice @Mrboots2u or previous organisers. It looks like it is all going to kick off soon though :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

oh noes...

Congratulations to all who have entered and thank you MildredM for stepping up to the plate to organise this!!

Previous years' stickies unstuck now and I will be in touch shortly to provide some guidance although MrBoots is great at this

Edited by Glenn

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

@joey24dirt Is that a serious request?

I'm currently very busy practicing my steaming and latte art and anyway, I can't dance!

Of course J24D was serious, @Snakehips. Can you get the band together in time and knock something up? Any old rough and ready performance will do, there’s no need to put yourself out much.

Looking to launch Sunday or Monday :) :)

Of course J24D was serious, @Snakehips. Can you get the band together in time and knock something up? Any old rough and ready performance will do, there’s no need to put yourself out much.

Looking to launch Sunday or Monday :) :)

@MildredM This could be your lucky day...... I have a ProDucktion that may just fit the bill.

It's not old, in fact it's brand spanking new, but it is ready and it's as rough as they come.

If this might be of interest to you then please do let me know and we can negotiate publication rights.

@MildredM This could be your lucky day...... I have a ProDucktion that may just fit the bill.

It's not old, in fact it's brand spanking new, but it is ready and it's as rough as they come.

If this might be of interest to you then please do let me know and we can negotiate publication rights.

I will get my agent to speak to your . . . . or we can just agree between ourselves. I’ve got 34p in my pocket, that should cover it :)

And one day I'll be able to tell my grandchildren that I‘ve been part of it. Somehow.

I will get my agent to speak to your . . . . or we can just agree between ourselves. I’ve got 34p in my pocket, that should cover it :)

Good idea....... let's cut out the middle men.

34p !!!! I'm up for that ! Plus Postage and packing of course.

Shall we move to PM and ask a Mod to mark it as a done deal?

Good idea....... let's cut out the middle men.

34p !!!! I'm up for that ! Plus Postage and packing of course.

Shall we move to PM and ask a Mod to mark it as a done deal?

Will you take 37p? I’m not paying postage. That’s my final offer.

Will you take 37p? I’m not paying postage. That’s my final offer.

At this late stage of the proceedings I don't suppose I have much flipping option, do I ? :(

This place gets more and more like FleaBay every week!

I made you lot another, but I really want to keep this one now

39046d600b3d2f9ea8a04cb50b966d8e.jpg

So the choice is yours my fellow competitors, the first one pictured or this one for the winner?

Edited by joey24dirt
Typo

@SkateReclaimCreate

Ah you’re being modest here; what does it make a difference if you end up keeping it as the winner anyway :p

love the pink accents on this one but for what it’s worth I think it’s slightly haphazard so I’m throwing my vote in for the first! Also massive thanks to you for not just volunteering a prize but for getting this whole thing started!

Ah you’re being modest here; what does it make a difference if you end up keeping it as the winner anyway :p

love the pink accents on this one but for what it’s worth I think it’s slightly haphazard so I’m throwing my vote in for the first! Also massive thanks to you for not just volunteering a prize but for getting this whole thing started!

Ah I was just picking up from where we left off last year. Glad we got the numbers though so excited to get going

@SkateReclaimCreate

I see what you did there, a bit of Rubik‘s tamper.

Let's keep this for the next Rubik‘s championship, I root for the first one

Also, I copy above and thank you for yer commitment. Great stuff!!

I see what you did there, a bit of Rubik‘s tamper.

Let's keep this for the next Rubik‘s championship, I root for the first one

Also, I copy above and thank you for yer commitment. Great stuff!!

Haha this is working out great for me yeah if you look you can see the two “standard” patterns in that one. Quite tricky to line up.

@SkateReclaimCreate

There is a new thread now for this years challenge here:

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?46324-CFUK-Latte-Art-Challenge-2018

Really gutted to have missed this. Didn’t even notice it was going on or I would have entered.

Anyway, I’ll enjoy voting in the polls and hopefully get in on the action next time...

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

Ahhh you lot!!! This came in the post today...

6e8ff6dc230f7f0c5ca67555b8920838.jpg

I have my suspicions who sent it (@Glenn was it you?) so I’m truly thankful for it.

It was a fantastic contest and great fun to be a part of. Looking forward to the next instalment

@SkateReclaimCreate