Espazzola

Try the ESPAZZOLA - a nifty tool for easy cleaning of groupheads

Hello Coffee Forum!

As developer and manufacturer of the ESPAZZOLA we want to get your opinionated feedback on our tool to replace these old brushes for cleaning group-heads. To make things easier for you we offer a discount for forum members (see at the end of this post).

RedEspazzolaFront-1600.jpg

The ESPAZZOLA is especially designed to hook into the grouphead like a portafilter. There, we utilize the hot water from the machine to rinse thoroughly while the flexible membrane (the semitransparent inset) adapts to all inner surfaces and acts like a brush in all places at once.

See this short video to get an idea:

[video=youtube_share;SfwFzwmOsQA]

If you want to try yourself, please go to our webshop at:

https://www.espazzola.ch/en/shop

and order a copy. With this voucher code:

7L3WK4IFYCGK

you'll get free shipping and 30% off at check-out.

Please let us know what you think of our product! Any feedback is warmly welcome here in the forum.

Thank you!

Want to learn about the ESPAZZOLA - our nifty tool for cleaning groupheads?

Visit our website: https://www.espazzola.ch/en/

crickey........I might buy a spare! Seriously, can I suggest that when you order one you buy an extra couple of membranes. The discount is good, the free postage is even better....I use mine daily and I reckon it lasts about 6 months or so

A quick note for those interested: we ship from Germany. This means the following:

+ German VAT must apply

+ no extra taxes or custom fees for you

Great offer. I was thinking about ordering one previously and now with the discount I had to buy. Also took dfk41's advice and added an additional membrane

a grinder a lever and some beans

@dfk41 Glad you like the offer!

When used correctly the handle (or cup) should last for at least two years (four years with good use). The membrane should last for about one year (two with good use). Please note that the membrane will tear at some point (really high loads on that part) but ordinarily can still be used with only little penalty in cleaning performance.

Just ordered one... got a new machine coming so perfect timing and great discount. Thanks :good:

ECM Mechanika V Slim / Eureka Mignon MK2 / Wilfa Svart grinder

Fantastic offer, I have one of these and they are fab, super simple to use and really effective

AKA Toffee chips

Just ordered one... got a new machine coming so perfect timing and great discount. Thanks :good:

Check that it fits your Sage - read somewhere that it does not fit Breville/Sage

Ron 

Check that it fits your Sage - read somewhere that it does not fit Breville/Sage

New machine to replace the Sage, which it will fit :)

@Beth71: ronsil is right, unfortunately. Sage machines (a.k.a. under the brand Breville or Gastroback) feature a very narrow grouphead. We don't offer a suitable Espazzola (yet). Sorry!

@Beth71: ronsil is right, unfortunately. Sage machines (a.k.a. under the brand Breville or Gastroback) feature a very narrow grouphead. We don't offer a suitable Espazzola (yet). Sorry!

Don't worry, it's not for the Sage. I have a new machine coming to replace the Sage, and it will fit that, so it's all good. Thanks

What a fantastic offer! Thank you very much. Just ordered a spare ;)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

A superb tool, as CC says, both simple to use and very effective.

I use mine after every coffee making session, so 3 or 4 times a day.

I have used it thus for well over 12 months and although one of the membrane loops is now torn, it does not appear to detract from it's efficacy.

I must admit to not ever thinking about inevitable wear and tear on the handle, until now.

Lots of life left in my handle right this minute but I think I will be taking advantage of the offer and securing a spare unit.

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Thank you for your nice review, Snakehips!

Wear on the handle is mostly an issue with turning the Espazzola to early. When inserting the Espazzola into the grouphead, one needs to make sure to push the tool all the way up before turning ccw to lock it in place.

With portafilters we are used to lock them once we feel the first contact of the portafilter rim with the sealing gasket in the top of the grouphead. With the Espazzola this 'first noticable resistance' occurs when the tips of the loops of the membrane make contact. At this point one needs to push up for about 10 mm more, so that the loops curl outwards into the groove of the grouphead.

If one trys to lock the Espazzola upon first contact, the lugs (or cams) on the cup are pressed hard against the lower rim of the grouphead. This will result in damage of the Espazzola (someone has to give and it won't be the grouphead made from metal).

If one takes care to first push the Espazzola all the way up before turning, wear should not be much of an issue at all.

Ordered

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Absolute bargain at less than half the price these cost to buy in the UK.

Ordered.

Ordered

Lelit Bianca PL162T / SGP

It fits into the Gaggia classic, but it's a rather tight fit in the beginning. The cams on the cup are just a few tenths of a millimeter wider than the corresponding opening in the grouphead. Thus, the first few times you insert the Espazzola into your machine, a bit of force is needed. Once this tiny overhang is ground down (when actuating the Espazzola during cleaning) the fit will be just perfect.

Thank you for bringing this superb offer here, I have also ordered one :)

If the invoice is German, then there should be zero VAT if shipping to UK ?

(My spares orders from Italy are zero Vat).

I have also ordered one - thanks for the voucher code!

Work: Fracino Cherub (OPV mod), La Pavoni Europiccola (with added pressure gauge), Brazen Plus, V60, Aeropress, Mazzer Royal (titanium burrs), Compak K3 Touch, Gold finger 58.55 Sharp Edge, Reg Barber 58.35mm C-Ripple...

Home: Gaggia Classic (PID, and usual mods), Mazzer Super Jolly (and usual mods), Torr Goldfinger Convex 58.4mm, Torr 58.4mm Soft Convex Ebony XS "Vintage Brass"...

If the invoice is German, then there should be zero VAT if shipping to UK ?

(My spares orders from Italy are zero Vat).

This depends - there is a possibility to waver VAT if (and only if) it is a shipment starting in one country of the EU, delivered to someone with a valid VAT ID (so a registered business entity) in another country of the EU. This is called a 'tax-free intra-community delivery'.

If the shipment goes to a person (not a business) then VAT cannot be waived. However, there is a lot of confusion with this topic and your Italian supplier might make a mistake here (or you are ordering as a VAT registered business).

In any case, the administrative overhead involved with tax-free intra-community deliveries is so big, IMHO, that it's only worth it for orders exceeding 50 GBP.

Weirdly, the very same VAT question just came up in a Vostock/Vesuvius sale thread. Good to know the terminology for it.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)