Hi.

I've been following some of Mei Leaf's videos on youtube and I've been really impressed with their knowledge and enthusiasm.

Has anybody tried any of their teas? They're really expensive and I wondered if others felt they were worth the premium.

Recently I've been buying Pui Mu Tan from a localish roaster and tea merchant but the staff there know literally nothing about tea, not even the manager. The tea's nice, but given their lack of knowledge or enthusiasm I'm wondering if spending more might be worth considering, at least for a treat. The Pui Mu Tan is out of my price range really, I can only guess how much silver needle is, but I'm sure some of their teas are more in my price range.

Any other merchants in the Manchester area or online I should consider? All recommendations are welcome.

Have you looked at Imperial Teas of Lincoln? They know their stuff when it comes to tea.

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

No, but I'll check them out.

Mei Leaf look the business, but some of their team's are £25 for 20 to 30 grams.