fatboyslim

LSOL Pricing Poll

Please could only current LSOL subscribers complete this poll.

Link to LSOL Poll

I would really like to be able to continually deliver the best coffee I can find but it can be a bit of a struggle with the current pricing. I'm just gauging interest if people would like to pay a bit more and see where we can go.

Otherwise we'll just keep it how it is.

Cheers

P.S. feel free to discuss in this thread also.

Coffee drinking tip #2: Sniff your beans 👌

-- LSOL Announcements --

-- LSOL Subscription Sign-Up! --

Should there be an option for multiple submissions?

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Do you mean completing it more than once?

Yep. It asked me if I wanted to submit again.

Please could only current LSOL subscribers complete this poll.

Link to LSOL Poll

Does that include those who signed up to the guest spots?

Espresso: QM Rapida, Ceado E37S • Brewed: Kalita Wave, Sage SGP • Work: Aeropress, Feld2

I mean, that's literally 5 people ... do you really need a poll for that?

Espresso: QM Rapida, Ceado E37S • Brewed: Kalita Wave, Sage SGP • Work: Aeropress, Feld2

Poll done - might want to put a link in the current LSOL thread

keep calm and grind flat

If I were to respond I'd have selected the "yes, a little extra" option.

Not going to respond though as I'll not be renewing. Loving the coffee but I can't keep up and so am wasting too much.

For me getting the best coffees would be more important so I would be willing to pay more but still with a decent discount. Some idea of how much more you are thinking would be helpful though.

Home: Ambient Vesuvius, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: La Spaziale S1 Mini II & Niche Zero

Coffee prices appear to be on an upward curve (notwithstanding the current omnishambles that is Brexit) so I would be reasonably happy to pay a little more. One thing though the way the question is framed is a little disconcerting with regards to "mediocrity".

Coffee prices appear to be on an upward curve (notwithstanding the current omnishambles that is Brexit) so I would be reasonably happy to pay a little more. One thing though the way the question is framed is a little disconcerting with regards to "mediocrity".
Mediocrity in comparison to the 90+ scoring Kenyans and Geishas I'd like to get

Coffee drinking tip #2: Sniff your beans 👌

-- LSOL Announcements --

-- LSOL Subscription Sign-Up! --

Done :good:

I'm subscribing because it offers exposure to roasters that I may not necessarily have had before (and helps work on developing my palate), rather than a pure cost driver, so in my mind I'd be comfortable paying a bit more if it's going to help secure some more interesting coffees.

V60 - Sage DTP - Sette 270 - Feldgrind

Done ( a little extra) and the logic being one of being prepared to take a punt on not knowing origin / taste Vs cost as for me at least there is a cut off point. Recent LSOL's (yet to pile into the cartwheel) have been exceptional and all credit to Daren and Fatboyslim for both organising / getting the roaster on board, but taste is very much a subjective thing, not offering a downer just giving background to my choice.

Please do keep up the good work, is good to be challenged in the tastebud department from time to time especially as roast the vast majority of our consumption myself.

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 113Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

It is 46 people...

Really?

you realise those are the open slots that were taken? - and hence doesn't include anyone who retained their slot (i'm not on that list of 5...)

V60 - Sage DTP - Sette 270 - Feldgrind

Oh I see, so there were 41 other subscribers already? That's an impressive number! I'll stop derailing this thread...

They had 5x1kg slots drop out so they were available for others to take up. Those that had opted to keep their subscription run i g didn't need to sign up again.

I'm happy to pay a little extra as the quality is consistently great. I'd also be happy to pay a little extra to always get the beans in 4 x 250g bags, or at least 2 x 500g. I usually share my kilo with a friend and I find that decanting the beans into a different roaster's bag lessens the experience a bit (I realise that's not very rational).

ACS Minima, Motta Tamper, Naked Portafilter + 18g VST, Baratza Sette 270, Brewista Scales

Hario V60 (02), Hario Skerton, Aeropress, Porlex

I'm happy to pay more if it means a wider variety of coffee. I think the current subscription price is already great value compared to buying retail bags.

I think the maximum I'd be willing to go to would be £75 per quarter. Beyond that I'd probably favour being able to choose beans myself.

Happy with a "bit" more - but not "at any cost".

If I wanted to buy very expensive coffee...... I would - but I'd then pick and choose what "I" wanted...

The concept of getting something unexpected is good.

plus getting others "blind" views on taste etc

but I understand that you need a realistic budget to negotiate with......

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Can you give us an idea of what we might be able to get at example price levels? Have you come across beans or offers from roasters to supply beans which are really special but you can't afford them and what/how much more are we talking? I realise this might be difficult to answer, it's just the poll doesn't give much to go on. To me it's about three things; value for money, getting to try a range of beans from a variety of roasters without the need to go looking myself, the sharing aspect (not just the guessing but being able to discuss recipes etc with people who have the same beans).

Home: Ambient Vesuvius, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: La Spaziale S1 Mini II & Niche Zero