Stevie-heathie

Beans Sold in 1lb / 500g Bags?

I find that half a pound / 250g of beans isn’t really enough by the time I’ve dialled in, and a 1kg bag is too much, especially if the bean isn’t to my taste!

For me, a pound of beans / half a kilo would be the ideal size to buy in. I can’t seem to find any roasters which sell in that unit size though. I know, I know, I could buy two half pound bags but that’s extra packaging and extra expense.

Does anybody know of a roaster which sells in the “in between”’size?

Thanks

Steve

I find that half a pound / 250g of beans isn’t really enough by the time I’ve dialled in, and a 1kg bag is too much, especially if the bean isn’t to my taste!

For me, a pound of beans / half a kilo would be the ideal size to buy in. I can’t seem to find any roasters which sell in that unit size though. I know, I know, I could buy two half pound bags but that’s extra packaging and extra expense.

Thanks

Steve

Coffee Compass do 500g bags.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Frank and Earnest and Crankhouse do 500g. How much you using to dial in?

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

I'm with you on this.....250g especially of lighter roasts, I can use up in a flash dialing in. If they're from an expensive roaster then it can be painful.

As ashcroc says coffee compass do 500g which is perfect for me. They are also exceptional value...

Gaggia Classic Chrome - Mignon Specialita 55

Likewise - I found 250g not enough. I do use some of it for AeroPress, leaving 150-200g in the hopper.

Craft House Coffee do 500g and Square Mile do 350g. I currently have Finca San Francisco from Craft House and it’s brilliant.

Thanks

Steve

I am guessing but Holding multiple bag sizes 250, 500 and 1kg is an expense in inventory for the roaster too, so i guess they stick to what people use the most and what is easiest to shift.

I presume your using scales and weighing to dial in ?

Foundary I think also do 350g bags

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

I am guessing but Holding multiple bag sizes 250, 500 and 1kg is an expense in inventory for the roaster too, so i guess they stick to what people use the most and what is easiest to shift.

I presume your using scales and weighing to dial in ?

Foundary I think also do 350g bags

I think for maybe reasons you outlined yourself, Foundry recently discontinued the 350g bags.

For the OP, one other roaster offering 500g is York Coffee Emporium.

Forgot to mention that Maude does 350g bags.

Can't you buy 2x250g bags?

What's the point...it'll only change soon!

Can't you buy 2x250g bags?

Well yes you can but I think that generally defeats the cost saving desirability that was maybe in the OP's mind?

I'm with you though, I generally buy multiple 250g bags in the hope I might one day land something that beats my previous favourite (which was a one off). Guess I am always lucky, or without taste though because I rarely spend much time 'dialling in' and get close first time more often than not.

Some do 350g bags as well (though can't remember which offhand)

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..