Coffee Forums banner

Gaggia Classic - £125 | Nuova Simonelli MDX Stepless - £110 | Collection: Bristol

747 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  limpetpete 
#1 ·
Posted previously without any traction. I need these to go to a new home as I'm moving house at the end of the month.

New thread due to splitting sale and reducing prices slightly. Mods feel free to delete the old thread.

- - -

Both machines are forum purchases and have served me very well.

Collection from Portishead, Bristol ONLY but I will consider travelling within reason.

------------------

Photo Album:

------------------

1) Gaggia Classic [Dec 2012] - £125

NEW upper boiler

NEW steam valve (original supplied - very minor drip)

NEW steam knob (original supplied - scratched & slightly loose)

NEW complete seal kit & fresh bolts

Upgrades:

Silvia Wand

OPV adjusted (not measured)

Brass block (original supplied)

IMS shower screen (original supplied)

Comes with:

Bottomless portafilter

Standard portafilter

Double & Single pressured baskets

Double standard basket

Blind basket

Original tamper

Dualit milk pitcher

1x sachet of PulyCaf

Grouphead brush

Old spares (aluminium block & shower screen, original steam wand, steam valve & knob, spare bolts for upper/lower boiler attachment)

Original purchase thread https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthrea...kage-%A3130-00

I have totally refreshed the internals with a brand new upper-boiler, steam valve and seal kit (refurbishment completed April 2018). Scale had built up in the boiler so I've given it a new lease of life while also descaling and cleaning all other internal parts.

Since this refurb it's been used with Ashbeck or Brita filtered water.

2) Nuova Simonelli MDX stepless grinder (64mm) - £110

Original purchase thread: https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthrea...sale-%A3150-00

Nothing much to add from the original thread. Burrs are still feeling fresh and biting nicely (see pics)

Comes with lens-hood for single-dosing and standard hopper.

It's the lower burr that adjusts, so you can remove the top and clean everything out without losing your grind setting - unusual and very helpful.

I have once had an issue with it jamming when using the hopper. I put this down to a particularly hard bean and fairly tight espresso grind, however I have never had this issue when single-dosing.

Thank you.

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.