Sign in to follow this  
thesmileyone

Under Milkwood beans

So I have ~600-750g of 1kg of Under Milkwood. I don't think my equipment, probably my grinder, is good enough to get a decent cup of this. I have tried all kinds of variations of grind fineness to shot timing to amount of beans used (well as much as you can single-shot a Mignon mk2 anyway) and I never managed to make a nice cup of it. I had a 250g bag previously and nailed it first time but I think it was mixing with the blood orange tasting foundry coffee I had before it.

https://www.darkwoodscoffee.co.uk/product/undermilk-wood/

So free to a good home. You should probably take this if you have a 70mm burr grinder or above because it seems to me like you need a high spec grinder to get the flavor out of it.

They have been sealed in their bag for over 2 months I don't know if this affects anything for you, but, free to a good home provided its not going to cost me over single figures to post it.

Would love to take this - happy to pay additional postage if necessary.

1995 'Coffee Gaggia' with full Gaggia Classic conversion, DIY PID Controller, OPV set to 9bar, Silvia steam wand, Botomless PF, VST 15g Basket, Motta 58mm Tamper and Ascaso I-Mini grinder

Your grinder is more than capable. For example I have made perfectly decent espresso with a Knock hand grinder before out of, I suspect, lighter beans than these.

I see you mention grind fineness and shot times. Shot times isnt the best way to judge when to kill a shot

Are you weighing out your shot to a brew ratio.

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

As above says, I have now stopped timing my shots, I just let is go,haha

Yes I know I have a V but I let it run.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

I weigh out the amount of beans I use. I don't weigh the end product (because I keep buying scales that are inconsistent and not waterproof). TBH being so tall (6'8) is annoying as I have to bend down AND bend my knees to mess around weighing the end product, and I don't have anywhere higher to put the machine. I know, excuses.

6.8 Holy shit that's big! haha.

Try to invest in some decent scales. Triton or Tough Weigh. If you want you can water proof with "Corrosion X Amanzon

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

If no one has taken these I'd love them :)

If no one has taken these I'd love them :)

am still waiting to hear from @thesmileyone :)

1995 'Coffee Gaggia' with full Gaggia Classic conversion, DIY PID Controller, OPV set to 9bar, Silvia steam wand, Botomless PF, VST 15g Basket, Motta 58mm Tamper and Ascaso I-Mini grinder

am still waiting to hear from @thesmileyone :)

I will send them to you. Give me a few days though please, vvv busy right now. PM me your address :)

Sign in to follow this  

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)