Sign in to follow this  
KRW

Silvia with Iberital MC2?

After many years of using a Gaggia Classic, I've decided to try my luck with the Silvia. Just wondering if I need to think about upgrading my grinder at the same time. I've been very happy with my Iberital Mc2 for many years now, and I've only recently put new blades in it. Anyone have any thoughts?

I'm going to answer my own question on this - works fine and very happy with my new machine!

Hi KRW - I'm looking to the same set up going myself (iBERITAL MC2 w/ a Rancilio Silvia), just wondering how it gone for you since you posted before? Would you recommend this set up for a novice like myself!

Hey. I first had this as my setup with a Silvia V3 and a MC2 that I picked up by this forum. All in all it was pretty good for a £500 setup and the brews were sound.

After a while though, I noticed how much ground coffee was spilling around in the kitchen.  The Iberital does a good job, but it's not a tidy worker.  Not so quiet too. Switched to a Eureka Mignon (Mark 2 I think) and lost a lot less beans overall, although on the earlier versions there are clumping probs to be had.

The new Eurekas are now much fancier with Digi displays. You can easily bag an older model for <£200 and it's worth it. Many also come from Bella Barista with warranties still intact.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo