Feld2 with bigger burrs! -

"The first 50 of these will be released in late August, a straightforward big burrset build of our Feld 2.

With 47mm blacksteel burrs, our unique dial lid with infinite "no stops" adjustment means that you can dial right in on your favoured flavour profile.

The bigger burrs grind approximately 40% faster than our standard 38mm sets and the Feld:honed's design makes for effortless grinding, all with the consistency the Feldgrind is famous for.

20 of these grinders are available now for pre-order before 12:00 July 2nd at a 33% discount. "

http://www.madebyknock.com/store/p43/Feld47.html

pavoni europiccola + niche zero / feld47 : now using James Bond's *coffee* steaming technique

Good find. Comes £168 inc delivery and tax. Couldn't find any more info about it tho on the internet, like size shape handle etc..

Gaggia Classic 2010(PID&IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 | Mazzer Major Electronic 2017Niche Zero on trial | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr | Decent Tamper V2 | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

Could be a worthwhile upgrade. A little pricey though.

I'd still get a decent price for my Feld1, they're just great grinders.

La Spaziale S1, Ceado E92, Feldgrind. Niche. Work - Gaggia Classic and BTC.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't need another handgrinder, I don't need another handgrinder, I don't...

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

:) Same here with a Niche on the way too but the discount made the decision a lot easier!

Question for me is if it is a straightforward Feld2 build with bigger burrs will it get a longer handle to compensate for the extra effort. Or maybe it doesn't need it.

pavoni europiccola + niche zero / feld47 : now using James Bond's *coffee* steaming technique

If he claims half of the grinding time compared to the feld2, it better be longer :)

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

Haha I’ve been telling myself exactly the same thing...

Lelit Mara 62, Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

OH no, really!

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

OH no, really!

Maybe I do though...

Lelit Mara 62, Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

I don't really need one, but bigger burrs makes me happy. haha

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

Then we would have Three.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

Any idea what sort of dose these'll be capable of grinding in one sitting?

Laissez les bons temps rouler

50g plus could be wrong.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

I emailed him asking if there will be any design changes on outer burr holding but no reply yet. Would be nice actually if it d be like kinu style, i mean no screw to hold it just slots in tightly and stays there.

Gaggia Classic 2010(PID&IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 | Mazzer Major Electronic 2017Niche Zero on trial | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr | Decent Tamper V2 | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

From the picture of the outer burr it looks like it should either be keyed in or held with a grub screw, or both. Using a standard Feld2 chassis would mean less aluminium to place a grub screw in so it would be interesting to see the solution. Hopefully not a simple press fit.

Fracino Classico, Niche, Redber Coffee.

Can't help but wonder why they didn't throw these larger burrs in a hausgrind first. If they did I would definitely have signed up. As it is I be still on the fence so to speak.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Can't help but wonder why they didn't throw these larger burrs in a hausgrind first. If they did I would definitely have signed up. As it is I be still on the fence so to speak.

I'd be all over a Walnut Hausgrind with the bigger burr set!

Fracino Classico, Niche, Redber Coffee.

Discounted ones sold out already - although if the retail price is actually £210 then his maths is bad as its more than a 33% discount to get to £130.

Anyway, £210+VAT at £42 + £10 shipping end up being quite pricy - especially for MBK. Might have been tempted at £160ish but at £260ish its too pricey for me!

I agree.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

Just had an update, good news/ bad news.. to summarise -

Running about 7 days behind schedule..

But the really good news...

the good news is they decided mid month to add some additional length to the crank arm to provide extra leverage against the 47mm's increased resistance over the standard Feldgrind's 38mm burrs! :) :) :)

Good news indeed, was hoping and I'm sure will make all the difference. the delay is due to the note for 100 extra long crank rods was read as 100 extra crank rods. Woops.

Any updates on this?

Mine arrived this morning.

Came in a wooden box.

Lovely.

Ooooooh looking good! Nice matching pair.. good to know they are on their way now :)

Looking huge compared to aergrind :) Could you post few more pics please. Burrs, inside, etc.. how does the grind like is it fast as they advertised?

My kinu47 takes about 40-45 seconds to grind 16grms for decaf