Rakesh

La Pavoni Professional with custom wooden handles + IMS extras

For sale is my La Pavoni Professional in excellent working condition. This machine has only been fed volvic water and regularly greased with food grade grease. Purchased in December 2017 from fatboyslim this machine has served me very well and is capable of producing extremely sweet, syrupy shots consistently highlighting the natural level pressure profile in every shot.

I have installed a precision IMS shower screen and IMS double basket.

This machine is visually in excellent condition, there is some black tape on the right side of the group to allow use of an IR thermometer to measure group temp, this could easily be removed though if it wont be of use. Some slight corrosion beneath the drip tray as pictured however this is very common on these machines and doesn't affect functionality. Reason for sale is I simply fancy a change of machine.

This machine comes with many extras including:

• Custom made walnut wooden lever and portafilter handle.
  • Custom walnut portafilter.
  • Precision IMS double filter basket and shower screen
  • Single hole steam tip for latte art quality milk.
  • Triple basket
  • Double basket
  • Original shower screen
  • Original portafilter and lever handles
  • Rubber seal and gasket kit
  • Food safe grease.

IMG_0877.jpg

Asking price is £385

Currently listed on eBay for £425

Collection only from Liverpool.

If you wish to arrange your own courier this would be at your own expense and I hold no responsibility should it be damaged in transit. I will package the machine to the best of my ability (plenty of packing, ensure no movement within the box). Chances are packaged to this level it should be fine but it is your risk to take.

dsada.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

Beans>Grinders>Machines

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

Beans>Grinders>Machines

I've used this, and it's a lovely machine. :)

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

If I hadn’t have bought an Europiccola a month ago... I would be getting this without a blink of an eye.

Good luck with the sale, machine looks lovely.

I'll shortly be selling a gaggia classic and eureka Mignon. If they get enough money I might well be interested in this. I'll let you know!

I'll shortly be selling a gaggia classic and eureka Mignon. If they get enough money I might well be interested in this. I'll let you know!

Sounds good, just give me a shout after you’ve sold your machines and if this is still available we can work something out, good luck with the sales.

Beans>Grinders>Machines

Offers may be considered

Beans>Grinders>Machines

Tempting but tricky to get to Aberdeen without a lot of faff/extra costs...

Postage not an option for now?

j

Londinium R v3 / Silvia / Mythos One CP / HG One / Feldgrind Mk2 / Baratza Vario / Dripster / IMS 18g VST / Londinium Tamper / Decent Espresso Baskets + Tamper / Acaia Scales / Forge / Foundry Roasts

Tempting but tricky to get to Aberdeen without a lot of faff/extra costs...

Postage not an option for now?

j

I could post it, but if the machine were to be damaged during transit it would not be my responsibility as in the original ad I stated collection with options for courier only. I’ve sent quite a few machines and grinders before and none of them have turned up damaged yet, so I am fairly experienced in packaging machines effectively, but it is up to the buyer.

Beans>Grinders>Machines

Is the little beauty still for sale or has it gone?

Osmio Zero Reverse Osmosis System-No Installation, Niche Zero, Profitec 600 Dual Boiler.

You are not the seller though or are you?

It's for sale. No offer made.

Osmio Zero Reverse Osmosis System-No Installation, Niche Zero, Profitec 600 Dual Boiler.

You are not the seller though or are you?

I am the seller and the machine is indeed still for sale.

Beans>Grinders>Machines

I am the seller and the machine is indeed still for sale.

Would an offer of £300 be too cheeky, I can collect as I live in Wigan.

Would an offer of £300 be too cheeky, I can collect as I live in Wigan.

Yeah that’s quite a bit less than I was looking for, the lowest I’d take collected would be £360.

Beans>Grinders>Machines

Yeah that’s quite a bit less than I was looking for, the lowest I’d take collected would be £360.

Ok then, at the moment that's all I can afford, good luck selling it anyway.

Just to put into perspective to any person wishing to buy this machine: The IMS shower screen and basket will cost £40 from the espresso shop. Add the wooden handles, single hole steam tip, food safe grease, seals....

@Rakesh - for clarity, does it have the brass piston? Which year is it?

Just to put into perspective to any person wishing to buy this machine: The IMS shower screen and basket will cost £40 from the espresso shop. Add the wooden handles, single hole steam tip, food safe grease, seals....

To tack on an extra question - what year was it manufactured? Not sure whether there is a difference in spec from year of manufacture but I Googled yesterday and seemed to get info which was quite old. (2002?!)

edit: I'm an idiot. That's not an extra question at all. Duh!

1973 La Pavoni ++ Niche Zero ++ Aeropress ++ V60

Coffee by the Casuals

I believe the year is 1996 and the machine does have the brass piston.

Beans>Grinders>Machines

What is the importance of the brass piston? And can somebody assist with how the Professional and the Europiccola are different?

1973 La Pavoni ++ Niche Zero ++ Aeropress ++ V60

Coffee by the Casuals

Boiler size & pressure gauge. Professional is 16 cups against 8

A machine, a grinder & some beans

What is the importance of the brass piston? And can somebody assist with how the Professional and the Europiccola are different?

As said by Jacko, the professional has a pressure gauge so you can see the pressure during the shot, it also has a larger boiler which gives it a bit better steaming capabilities and I believe its easier to adjust pressure on the professional too.

Beans>Grinders>Machines

To complement Rakesh’s comment:

Also, 8 x 16 cup: it doesn’t mean you’ll make 8 or 16 espressos with 1 tank. On my Europiccola, I am lucky to get 4 drinks at most. And that’s being very mindful with group rinsing and flushing.

Also, if you ever want to retrofit a pressure gauge on the Europiccola, La Pavoni made it very hard, as the sight glass fittings are not quite the same, so you’ll need an adaptor. The set will set you back circa £36 or so (as per eBay). Saying that, La Pavoni also puts some sort of glue on the pressure stat adjustment screw on the Europiccola, so you’ll need to break that glue first in order to move the screw, and risk breaking the stat all together. They really want you to buy the Pro if you want to fiddle with the pressure!

The brass piston was installed for most pavs and still is today - the plastic/ptfe one was used for a few years from 97-2002 I think - it was designed to help stop the pav overheating - I use one in my 97 with no problem, the only issue people have occationaly is that the start to unscrew - just need a bit if ptfe tape on the threads. They went back to the brass to prevent this - ive used both the advantage is neither here or there unless your planning on doing multiple cups.

keep calm and grind flat

Can I make you an offer of £360 collected? I am over the water in Birkenhead.

Can you confirm the tamper size please? I only have 58mm so will need a replacement.

Thanks

Peter

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)