MildredM

Eggnog and Other Animals

Thank you ! :)

I must say that those 'Mice' look more like Clangers to me but I won't let that detract from the intended sentiment.

Hey, the rate we're going M, we could have Zmas done and dusted before the end of November !! :)

That’s the spirit!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Found these earlier....

262eee7b17b100d8caca0478506af5e7.jpg

Are they what I think they are?

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Well if you think they're sunshades for Snakehips' mice, then yes. They may well also be found in abundance in Amsterdam, they don't look particularly like Destroying Angel, Death Cap or any other easily-confused mycotoxin-laden life shortener, but you never know with shrooms. 50/50, phone a friend?

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Well if you think they're sunshades for Snakehips' mice, then yes. They may well also be found in abundance in Amsterdam, they don't look particularly like Destroying Angel, Death Cap or any other easily-confused mycotoxin-laden life shortener, but you never know with shrooms. 50/50, phone a friend?

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Suppose I could chuck one down my neck and then I’ll know haha. See how bored I get on site tomorrow

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Found these earlier....

Are they what I think they are?

My pitch would be the wrong environment for any magic to occur. They tend to like areas rich in humus like grasslands and woods rather than stone wall crevices. They are also rather light in colour?

My pitch would be the wrong environment for any magic to occur. They tend to like areas rich in humus like grasslands and woods rather than stone wall crevices. They are also rather light in colour?

Funny you should mention that, as they are at the base of a tree next to our humus tanks.

I must say, I’m not a drug user (other than coffee) but it’s just interesting to know. I had a google and wasn’t sure if they were or not, too many variations with the conditions they grow in.

@SkateReclaimCreate

Funny you should mention that, as they are at the base of a tree next to our humus tanks.

I must say, I’m not a drug user (other than coffee) but it’s just interesting to know. I had a google and wasn’t sure if they were or not, too many variations with the conditions they grow in.

Considering your job, I'm a touch surprised you'd even wonder about eating (or drinking if you prefer tea) something growing on site. The plumpest tomatoes I've seen were growing on a sewage farm & unsurprisingly they'd been deemed unfit for human consumption!

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Considering your job, I'm a touch surprised you'd even wonder about eating (or drinking if you prefer tea) something growing on site. The plumpest tomatoes I've seen were growing on a sewage farm & unsurprisingly they'd been deemed unfit for human consumption!

They were close to the perimeter fence lol. But yes, we do grow the best tomatoes and also raspberries and strawberries. Personally I wouldn’t go near them, but I’ve heard stories about some people that have

@SkateReclaimCreate

I used one of the definitive books on fungi identification.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mushrooms-Other-Britain-Europe-original/dp/0330264419

Worth a few quid second hand for the book shelf if you have an interest in fungi.

I also find this handy:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pegler-Edible-Mushroom-Nature-Paperback/dp/B00RWLY1FA/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543303558&sr=1-2&keywords=easy+edible+mushroom+guide

Don't be frightened by the price, often under a fiver on flea bay.

Edited by Batian
link error corrected

They were close to the perimeter fence lol. But yes, we do grow the best tomatoes and also raspberries and strawberries. Personally I wouldn’t go near them, but I’ve heard stories about some people that have
Do they not wonder how the seeds got there in the first place?

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Some folk just don’t care

@SkateReclaimCreate

The Kopi Lowak of the tomato world?:whistle:

Anyone ever seen a mushroom like this?

Two storks, one cap!? It’s like a mini tree.

d7d2906ec31a82341b491b93a3500efb.jpg

4e316bd1284b0a3fd9af8bc0e1a17be1.jpg

2000 - Krups Vivo + Whittard hand grinder

2010 - Gaggia Classic + Iberital MC2

2017 - ECM Mechanika IV Profi + Niche Zero

Aeropress / V60 / Puck Puck / Cafetière / Moka Pot / Ibrik (كـَنـَكـَة) / Lido E

Hedgehogs are afoot!!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

c7acee1fd975d4f95abcf540dd4f0823.jpg

You better feed him well, dude can get so grumpy after the winter.

Heard such a guy angrily push a metal food bowl forth and back on my auntie's terrace for hours. Until it was refilled.

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

You better feed him well, dude can get so grumpy after the winter.

Heard such a guy angrily push a metal food bowl forth and back on my auntie's terrace for hours. Until it was refilled.

Haha! He'd troughed 2 big cups of dried mealworms by 10pm and was waiting for second helpings :)

Hedgehogs are afoot!!

Stop exaggerating M ^^^. that one's no more than 9", tops!

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Haha! He'd troughed 2 big cups of dried mealworms by 10pm and was waiting for second helpings :)
There you go...

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Discovered lots of these little tinkers hiding in a rotted down Big Mavis today . . .

8f5d621ec01737c193f5c2edffd79056.jpg

May bug larva :)

Discovered lots of these little tinkers hiding in a rotted down Big Mavis today . . .

They're the worst in terms of damage they can do to tree roots

says Hasi.

9e89d3fbed6fb6b5611634a9b1db95bf.jpg

During our weekend walk through the woods, my son and I spent like 10 minutes in front of that puddle watching what we thought to be parents to this lump of future frogs. Only I couldn't catch them on film, they were too small and too quick

says Hasi.

That looks an awful lot like a stag beetle larvae to me. Especially likely if deep or in rotted wood.

"Coffee: The Good, The Bad, and The Ayurvedic Perspective"

Behave yourself.

That looks an awful lot like a stag beetle larvae to me. Especially likely if deep or in rotted wood.

They could be, I thought they were too big though - reminded me of scampi (before the breadcrumbs!!)

They are Cockchafer (ouch) larvae.

If we get a dry summer, watch out for the dead patches on your (@MildredM) lawn where they have eaten away the roots.

Badgers love them and can scent them out. They leave earthwork diggings on your golf course.

Relatively recent problem following the ban on the insecticide that killed the larvae, which has allowed the population to explode.