MildredM

Eggnog and Other Animals

Where wasps are concerned I'd be more tempted to use one of these.

Do you not find that plays havoc with the curtains?

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

What a kind, considerate and very generous friend :)

Indeed! Although at the time, I did think it was perhaps a bit random to be receiving a bug catcher rather than say a bag of filter roast beans or a Danish pastry.

Wouldn't be without it now of course. Used it only 60 minutes ago to rescue a slightly smaller hornet that was trapped behind the bedroom blinds.

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

This is Violet. She reluctantly lives with us (on her terms)and is quite the character who came to us from a rescue centre a few years ago. Think the rabbit from the Holy Grail and you won’t be far off.

Her life partner died last year so she has come from her outside hutch and now lives in the conservatory/porch and has full run of the side garden now it’s secure.

The things we do for our pets.

5ab87136b4a0f83dee49225197525574.jpg

Here she is helping with the Tesco shop

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Awww! Violet :)

Eyeing up those carrots I believe!!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Awww! Violet :)

Eyeing up those carrots I believe!!

Yup. She gained the nickname violent as she was quite Ferrel when we got her. She’s calmed down loads now she’s got her own digs. Single life and all that

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Hahaha the holy grail rabbit, I'd forgotten that!

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Jumped out of my skin last night....

fa6e937376ee551f63c5c4459c27499d.png

Wild in my shed. I was too slow to kick it, plus if I did I’d have kicked my other lathe better get some traps set

@SkateReclaimCreate

Put hot chilli sauce down. Hotter the better, so if you have any 'novelty' chilli sauce (the ones nobody cab eat, with names like Arson Fire) they will not come within a mile of your garden.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Put hot chilli sauce down. Hotter the better, so if you have any 'novelty' chilli sauce (the ones nobody cab eat, with names like Arson Fire) they will not come within a mile of your garden.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

That sounds interesting!

Just a random seed around the premises?

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Poultry farmers make a dilute solution of capsaicin and spray the grain (feed) stores with it. This takes advantage of the fact that bird blood chemistry is different to mammals and birds are not affected by chilli, whereas rodents are known to be extremely sensitive to it. I had a situation once where some wee beastie got into the kitchen through the hole where the cold water main comes in. It had chewed the plaster to make the hole bigger! I put a few drops of "Da Bomb Ultimate Nuclear Chilli" (or similar) and uttered the words "chew on that, rodent boy". The piece of fruit it had chewed was thrown into the garden, but it never came near the fruit, let alone the house. I was just grasping at straws having seen that it had eaten the walls, but a bit of research (I googled Capsaicin and Rodents) bore out my instinctive reaction. I now feel qualified to answer UB40's question.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

thanks @hotmetal will give it a try!

I‘ll cook up some nasty brew and follow up when I see results

says Hasi.

891920d02eb41c8da8013af726bd48bc.jpg

Is it a Llama? No, it’s a hen who, along with its mates, I found abandoned to fend for themselves in the middle of nowhere today. Now safely ensconced in a safe-place with the help of friends and a very helpful local RSPCA group.

e9227835382dd7f2ee8d3ceab892fb65.jpg

78c63c4353bbcce568fc3184e84746d7.jpg

;) llama or hen... reminds me of the latest twitter fuss:

says Hasi.

We seem to have an incredible amount of geese doing their 'training' overhead this year. This bunch came over the other day. On their next lap I estimated there were 300 or more. Tonight, in pitch darkness, we heard them again - even louder! I wish we could have seen them!

[video=youtube_share;ig5bpsn3o40]

We seem to have an incredible amount of geese doing their 'training' overhead this year. This bunch came over the other day. On their next lap I estimated there were 300 or more. Tonight, in pitch darkness, we heard them again - even louder! I wish we could have seen them!

[video=youtube_share;ig5bpsn3o40]

What a beaut!

I believe them to be common cranes, no? We had quite a bunch (1000+) pass by on their way to France->Spain->Africa this year, like two weeks ago. It was early in the morning and they were up at least a mile so no sensical pictures :(

It doesn't happen each year and they're only flying over once, so a spectacular sight nontheless! And the kids loved it!!

says Hasi.

What a beaut!

I believe them to be common cranes, no? We had quite a bunch (1000+) pass by on their way to France->Spain->Africa this year, like two weeks ago. It was early in the morning and they were up at least a mile so no sensical pictures :(

It doesn't happen each year and they're only flying over once, so a spectacular sight nontheless! And the kids loved it!!

Spectacular! Canada Geese here ;)

This little fellow was fluffed up, ready for winter and happy to have his picture taken this morning by the river just outside Stratford-Upon-Avon.

Robin3.jpg

This little fellow was fluffed up, ready for winter and happy to have his picture taken this morning by the river just outside Stratford-Upon-Avon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37636[/ATTACH]

That's your Christmas cards sorted ;)

That's your Christmas cards sorted ;)

Yes ! I will text folk a link to this thread!

Can I cross you off the list, seeing as how you've already seen it ?

Yes ! I will text folk a link to this thread!

Can I cross you off the list, seeing as how you've already seen it ?

I got my first Christmas card :) :) :)

Here’s yours, Snake. Mice spotted in the garden last winter . . .

848dcd25336bec5cdd5edbd150e798f6.jpg

I got my first Christmas card :) :) :)

Here’s yours, Snake. Mice spotted in the garden last winter . . .

848dcd25336bec5cdd5edbd150e798f6.jpg

Thank you ! :)

I must say that those 'Mice' look more like Clangers to me but I won't let that detract from the intended sentiment.

Hey, the rate we're going M, we could have Zmas done and dusted before the end of November !! :)