MildredM

Eggnog and Other Animals

Make that 4!

42963352405_99e183b2f2_z.jpg

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

And another!

29997895758_66db2f91ca_z.jpg

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Don't know where this one came from. No ponds in the neighbourhood, garden is completely closed in by wall to wall houses.

IMG_1629 (2).jpg

It looks like a toad rather than a frog. I think you will find toad's do not need ponds etc as frogs do and can live in enclosed gardens away from water bodies. I believe toads can / do bury themselves in soil at times in the year = not seeing them.

We have one that appears at times in an enclosed garden.

It looks like a toad rather than a frog. I think you will find toad's do not need ponds etc as frogs do and can live in enclosed gardens away from water bodies. I believe toads can / do bury themselves in soil at times in the year = not seeing them.

We have one that appears at times in an enclosed garden.

Yes, same here. No ponds, a bowl or puddle of water is enough. We haven’t seen our toads at all while it has been hot - they are well 'dug in'!

Sometimes I leave some water out in a bowl for my cats., that might have attracted the toad.

I let the toad loose under some ivy in the hope that said cats would not "play" with it (I did not touch it myself because I was afraid to do damage - it got in and out of the plastic box all by itself).

Not in the garden, but rather in the van after we had been up to sort the horses....

360a70da3d9bbfdf8e46890194e33243.jpg

Hopefully this isn’t seen as advertising

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Not in the garden, but rather in the van after we had been up to sort the horses....

360a70da3d9bbfdf8e46890194e33243.jpg

Hopefully this isn’t seen as advertising

I never knew you subscribed!

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Nearly an animal.....

Chicken of the Woods.

(One for Stanic and others in Eastern Europe!)20180821_143624_resized.jpg

Feeling peckish at work so was offered some special K to tide me over.....

9d155677b01e4b1efccdbdd21054fbe4.jpg

Cheers lads

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

58890fad38b981477712d12edbb4bb94.jpg

We also had an elephant hawk moth visiting. Never seen before, looked it up - turns out to be the most popular type of the Sphingidae family of moths. Super wide spread across Europe... have I been blind all these years?

As far as pets are concerned, here's my 70mm workshop buddy:

7f46203b4a50ce0289971f49f0318e88.jpg

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

I would have preferred this in the garden and not trotting out from under my machine while I’m steaming my milk just now! He wasn’t very big but was pretty agile. A bit different to the regular spiders we get too.

43587103795_5daa179d00_z.jpg

looks like with his knees he's picked up some dust from under your machine :exit:

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

looks like with his knees he's picked up some dust from under your machine :exit:

Ha! Either that or a bit of chrome plating has rubbed off. You know what these cheapo machines are like :) :) :)

This not so little waspy type joined me in the study a couple of nights back......

fullsizeoutput_829.jpg

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

When I click 'like' I am lying, if I’m being honest!

This not so little waspy type joined me in the study a couple of nights back......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36357[/ATTACH]

What are you & @MildredM storing your wee beasties in?

When I click 'like' I am lying, if I’m being honest!

if it's being a hornet you mean?

says Hasi.

ya... very suspicious... maybe a group order some time ago?

says Hasi.

Snapy Bug Catcher

61UC1bB31tL._SX355_.jpg

A humane bug catcher. Ideal for either the compassionate or the squeamish.

It was a gift from a friend ;) and really is an effective means of capturing and evicting a variety of beasties.

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Aaah

Usually, I pull everybody out by their legs, if they're not welcomed any more. Beasties have so many of them hence a simple task

says Hasi.

Snapy Bug Catcher

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36359[/ATTACH]

It was a gift from a friend ;) and really is an effective means of capturing and evicting a variety of beasties.

Where wasps are concerned I'd be more tempted to use one of these.

Why did I immediately think, 'Airscape' :)

Snapy Bug Catcher

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36359[/ATTACH]

What a kind, considerate and very generous friend :)

Yesh officer, I only 'hopped' in for a swift half and now I think I am a newt."

"His eyes were glazed, he was unsteady on his feet and his breath smelt of alcohol, I concluded he was drunk."

20180905_205505a.jpg