dfk41

Triple Spout

Seeing another thread, I had forgotten that I had one somewhere. SO, dug it out and fitted it. Rather than practice endlessly and post a finished article, I simply stuck it on and pulled a shot. It was too tight so tamped a bit less, made a half hearted attempt to distribute the grind a bit, then pulled it. This is the result, and I am pretty certain with a bit more care and practice, I could pull a far better shot, but......it is pretty to watch!

[video=youtube;TJL70M-EKzY]

 You did not get me this time 

It’s fab, but it looks so wrong :) :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer tool / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband / and a large array of coffee towels!

a>

Getting the distribution right will be interesting as it is bad enough with two spouts!

Have yet to come across a triple spout on a commercial machine (1,2 or 3 group).

Maybe on 4 or 5 group ones? (just kidding ;) )

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

Getting slightly better...

Sorry I couldn’t get the link to work , don’t know if it’s me or it .

¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop

It’s working now , loads better than your first video .

looks a tricky beast for sure

¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop

It’s working now , loads better than your first video .

looks a tricky beast for sure

Many ta's......to be brutally honest, I do not faff on with it. I do try and make sure the bed is reasonably level but I do not stir or anything. I have never had all 3 spouts start at the same time but it is fun, in a reverse sort of way!

Should that read a 'perverse' sort of way ??

It would be difficult to get an even flow as it will rely on the machining of the inside of the spout. Also water does not 'fall' down the centre of a vertical pipe it clings to the outside.

Looks really kool just to have one my first time seeing one, Now I'm in love with the scale, where can I get one lol? really asking where hehehehe.