fatboyslim

LSOL May/June - Long and Short Exclusive!!!

Getting those memories of Mr men summer lollies

Great tasting notes ...Mr Long and Short!!

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Stick to a dose, adjust your output and or grind.

Your among your life too complicated

Ive switched it out of the hopper. Not getting on with it as espresso. Will finish it as pour over in due course

R58, Niche (midnight black), IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need :)

Loving this as flat white. Boozy but we'll balanced and smooth.

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

Loving this as flat white. Boozy but we'll balanced and smooth.
Sounds good. What recipe/ratio are you finding works best for that? I'm about to start on these soon (I know, bit behind as I bought too much while waiting!)

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Made several espressos earlier going hotter and finer. Set 97.5 degrees on the pid with 95 showing and ground very fine (burs almost touching on the M3). Thought I might choke the Speedster, but after a very long pre-infusion and a shot time of 112 seconds (18g > 38.9g) I got some better results than I've had previously. I did a shorter shot at slightly courser and roughly 68 seconds which tasted better, more rounded. Unfortunately I decided to scoff a few Pontefract cakes beforehand which killed anything I might've got from the shots. :rolleyes:

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Sounds good. What recipe/ratio are you finding works best for that? I'm about to start on these soon (I know, bit behind as I bought too much while waiting!)

Pretty much as above really. I've been fine tuning in a range close to that.

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

Decided to restrict these beans to syphon after the second time my mignon refused to grind them (hope it"s just the beans it doesn't like & not the start of something more serious). It's not such a bad thing as getting some really nice fruity brews. Even managed to get up early enough to brew up a pot to start the day & for my travel cup.

No idea where they're from so will have a stab in the dark with a Tanzanian natural.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Interesting learning experience for me. I saved these up for my holiday with hand grinder and aeropress and everything I did seemed to be a bit odd on the coffee front really with a sort of bitterness to it (Isles of Scilly, weird water, maybe treated by desalination or something). Then I went home and had decent results with espresso, albeit I couldn't claim to have experienced the range of flavours mentioned by others on this thread (Devon soft water, never get limescale but not tested other aspects). And now I'm in Northamptonshire (water hard as hell) having delicious results with V60 and starting to really get the message.

Same beans, different brew methods, but is the water overshadowing everything else?

Same beans, different brew methods, but is the water overshadowing everything else?

Yes. Try deeside bottled water from Waitrose

After my muppetry moment of grinding around 80g into the PF I now have this dialled in

Previous shots were waaaay too slow and I coarsened the grind from my last beans significantly.

Initial slow shots were boozy, milk chocolate and dark treacle

Now I'm nearer to the money its changed a lot.

Still got the booziness but its nowhere near as pronounced, a lovely mild acidity and sugar cane sweetness. After taste is predominantly sweetness and acidity.

Will add more as I get down the beans

a grinder a lever and some beans

Yes. Try deeside bottled water from Waitrose

For spo?

What's spro?

Sorry Spro not spo

I don't drink 'spro so I wouldn't know :D

Hello! The time has come.

Not many of you will know this but most of the best coffee stock in Europe is actually kept in a warehouse in Suffolk! We’re quite fortunate in that we have a really good relationship with all of the green suppliers and the warehouse itself, which means we get our grubby mitts on stuff quite early sometimes. We also collect all the coffee ourselves which lets us regularly snoop around the place to see what hidden treasures there are…

We discovered this coffee at the London Coffee Festival and managed to secure the first bag to land in the country.

For the super eagle-eyed among you, there were clues on the packaging since we always sticker our logo with the country’s flag colours. The image in the background also hinted at the florals which smack you in the face if you get a good early whiff of the brew.

If you’re still having troubles on spro, again, I’d strongly recommend switching to brew — V60 in particular, since it suits this coffee profile really well.

Here’s the blog post we’ve just uploaded with the lowdown. :)

Edited by mrbagel

Will switch to your suggested V60 method for the remainder of my bag. Still got plenty left :)

R58, Niche (midnight black), IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need :)

Haven’t a V60 unfortunately, but I’ll try these in a CCD. Thanks for the heads up

Wow, what a write up @mrbagel ! Thank you for going into so much detail for this unique offering. The parma violets were definitely very clear in yesterday's V60. It's been tricky as espresso but had definitely settled down and has been quite consistent. V60 definitely revealed more.

LR - EK43S; Ceado E37S; Aergrind; Comandante MK3 - Syphon & V60 - patience

I too am really enjoying this black brewed by V60. Gorgeous. I think I'll move the rest of my bag to the office for brewing rather than wasting it on attempts to get espresso right.

Made a few flat whites this morning for work and could definitely taste blueberries. Even gave my mate some and he said it was definitely different (in a nice way).

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

After a false start yesterday (forgot to take scales to the premier Inn so had to eyeball and set the feld too coarse ) had a superb aeropress this afternoon.

Certainly one of the juiciest filters I've had in a while.

Downside of an exclusive is you can't click the buy button again straight away! Not looking forward to saying goodbye to this one.

Thanks for picking this one out @mrbagel

Just opened these this evening. Smell reminded me of Foundry's Rocko mountain so ground same on the R120 for 17.3g doses in an 18g VST. 19second pre infusion total time 48 seconds for 32g in cup using both sides of L2, one for straight espresso, one a flat white (150ml Londinium cup). Huge Blueberry hit in flat white and parma violets as espresso touch sour but not bad for a first effort.

Measured the roast level on this with the tonino: 127 cinnamon roast so lighter than last couple of LSOL if remember correctly.

Will give pour over a go tomorrow

Thanks both for organising and L&S for sourcing

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 106Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..