IGNORED

LSOL May/June - Long and Short Exclusive!!!

From what's been said I think I'm gonna love these! Got a hopper full of Rave Kayon Mountain natural Guji which are super sweet and a bit of earthy funk. By the time I've finished those these L&S should be ready.

_______

Eat, drink and be merry

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im thinking Africa - poss Rwanda although could be Tanzania or Uganda - certainly tiny beans with a light roast and Bags and bags of flavour - certainly a wild ride at the moment but the mystery 8 are back in the freezer Im happy to go with these even at 5 days since roasting

Lots of chaff....

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Customised Mazzer Major + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Hmmm. First go with an aeropress today. 20 min steep using deeside and picked up a clear funk with was nice and sweet but not much else (that said I was getting a sweat on in the garden so was a little distracted).

Will tweak the recipe tomorrow and I'm curious to what the espresso will bring in a few days.

Arrived on Saturday but only got round to opening today. As others have said enjoyed the packaging.

On opening the bag - toffee-kissed popcorn

V60/Feld - Blueberry aroma. Initially sweet strawberry, with blueberry becoming dominant early in cooling. Struggling to place what I'm tasting once totally cooled - some other fruit and has a white tea like quality to it as well.

Fantastic bean - I'm afraid to start on espresso as don't want to waste a single gram!

Thanks FBS/Daren/L&S!

Caved and tried an espresso despite the beans only being partially rested.

1:6 on my Feld2 as that was where I'd been dialled in from my last beans.

14g in, 29 g out in 72 seconds. (urghh I thought - I almost gave up on the shot after the first couple of drops arrived)

Was about to sink it, and had already weighed out my next dose and adjusted the grinder, but thought I ought to at least try it (1st week making espresso and trying to train my palate - thought even something like this would be a good learning experience)

With a sense of dread I sipped on it, expecting something god-awful but to my surprise absolutely loved it and enjoyed to the last drop!

Boozy, syrupy cherry with hints of blueberry still there at the finish.

A long long way from a perfect shot (loads of fines at the bottom of the cup for one) but very excited to see what this is like once properly dialled in!

Can someone confirm roast date on these - my packet had a fight with the glue on the packaging and I’ve lost part of the label
30/5 here.

I'll be primarily drinking this as espresso I think, but I got a bit impatient after smelling it on my desk in the office all day. I have lots of beans left in the espresso hopper, so I dusted off my kalita wave and made a cup.

And I've got to say ... wow, this stuff tastes incredible. I'm not sure I've ever had anything quite like it. I would say very blueberry and fragrant?