fatboyslim

LSOL May/June - Long and Short Exclusive!!!

Just got mine too, thanks for organising.

What's the point...it'll only change soon!

Not sure I've had a 'definitely processed' coffee before.

Anyone know if they'll need any resting before going into a syphon? Obviously it's gonna be a week or so before they're ready to 'spro.dd9fe31bff762679f6ef6ece19550b92.jpg

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Just put mine into vacuumed sealed tubs and the smell was divine, getting that natural funk, can’t wait to tuck in

Received my delivery safe and sound, thanks. Couldn't resist a first chemex. Delicious. Brew away everyone.

As expected, Long and Short, brings another joy.

Just had an espresso (couldn't resist the smell) and I can tell you that this is a truly wonderful coffee - a natural probably with funky fruit notes.

97569b7d3e0feeb4696e3826e0325df7.jpg

This is 19g in 38g out in about 50s.

Vesuvius stainless steel pipework / VST18 / Mahlkoenig Peak / Torr flat brass

Got mine too cant wait to try it!

Lelit Bianca PL162T / SGP

Mine arrived today too. Couldn't resist going straight in with a v60 before leaving them to rest. Boozy pineapple.

Really enjoyed it but I reckon they'll be even better after a week or so.

ACS Minima, Motta Tamper, Naked Portafilter + 18g VST, Baratza Sette 270, Brewista Scales

Hario V60 (02), Hario Skerton, Aeropress, Porlex

From what's been said I think I'm gonna love these! Got a hopper full of Rave Kayon Mountain natural Guji which are super sweet and a bit of earthy funk. By the time I've finished those these L&S should be ready.

_______

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Im thinking Africa - poss Rwanda although could be Tanzania or Uganda - certainly tiny beans with a light roast and Bags and bags of flavour - certainly a wild ride at the moment but the mystery 8 are back in the freezer Im happy to go with these even at 5 days since roasting

keep calm and grind flat

Mine arrived today. Sunday delivery!!!! Wow. Thanks for organising guys.

Sage Barista Express, Aeropress, V60, Feldgrind, French press, Motta 53mm Tamper, 300 ml and 600ml Milk jug.

Mine have landed too

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Lots of chaff....

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

lots and lot of chaff - but flavour wise on a second go im getting bubblegum / pear drops - just saying last coffee I had that was similar was Rwandan

keep calm and grind flat

Mine landed also. Looking forward to getting dug in

Thanks all for sorting

home - Sage dual boiler & Compak E8

work - Sage bambino plus & smart grinder

@SkateReclaimCreate

Hmmm. First go with an aeropress today. 20 min steep using deeside and picked up a clear funk with was nice and sweet but not much else (that said I was getting a sweat on in the garden so was a little distracted).

Will tweak the recipe tomorrow and I'm curious to what the espresso will bring in a few days.

Another stonking offering from Long and Short.

V60 - Blueberry/Strawberry and quite perfumed. As it cools, milk chocolate.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Arrived on Saturday but only got round to opening today. As others have said enjoyed the packaging.

On opening the bag - toffee-kissed popcorn

V60/Feld - Blueberry aroma. Initially sweet strawberry, with blueberry becoming dominant early in cooling. Struggling to place what I'm tasting once totally cooled - some other fruit and has a white tea like quality to it as well.

Fantastic bean - I'm afraid to start on espresso as don't want to waste a single gram!

Thanks FBS/Daren/L&S!

Niche Zero || Feld2 || Aergrind

Profitec Pro 500 PID || Acaia Lunar

Kalita Wave || V60 || Aeropress || Clever Dripper || French Press

Mine has just appeared :good:

I'll be straight into this tomorrow morning as supplies have run out

V60 - Sage DTP - Sette 270 - Feldgrind

Just got mine.

Do we have any recipes from the roaster? Always interesting to hear the way they lick to brew!

Got mine today. Smells interesting!

Espresso: QM Rapida, Ceado E37S • Brewed: Kalita Wave, Sage SGP • Work: Aeropress, Feld2

Caved and tried an espresso despite the beans only being partially rested.

1:6 on my Feld2 as that was where I'd been dialled in from my last beans.

14g in, 29 g out in 72 seconds. (urghh I thought - I almost gave up on the shot after the first couple of drops arrived)

Was about to sink it, and had already weighed out my next dose and adjusted the grinder, but thought I ought to at least try it (1st week making espresso and trying to train my palate - thought even something like this would be a good learning experience)

With a sense of dread I sipped on it, expecting something god-awful but to my surprise absolutely loved it and enjoyed to the last drop!

Boozy, syrupy cherry with hints of blueberry still there at the finish.

A long long way from a perfect shot (loads of fines at the bottom of the cup for one) but very excited to see what this is like once properly dialled in!

Niche Zero || Feld2 || Aergrind

Profitec Pro 500 PID || Acaia Lunar

Kalita Wave || V60 || Aeropress || Clever Dripper || French Press

I've been total this coffee is fairly easy to extract a good shot out of but I wouldn't even call it partially rested. Rest it more!

Can someone confirm roast date on these - my packet had a fight with the glue on the packaging and I’ve lost part of the label

V60 - Sage DTP - Sette 270 - Feldgrind

Can someone confirm roast date on these - my packet had a fight with the glue on the packaging and I’ve lost part of the label
30/5 here.

Laissez les bons temps rouler