• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haha! You’ve been bitten by the peacock! Trust me, you’ll respect the peacock from now on, it will only happen once. 😂😂😂😂😂

I'd have thought the original pin should come out quite easilly with the correct size paralell punch.

Hi @tambu I’ve only just seen seen your post.    What Alberto says re maximising shot volume works. I have also used a mini pull to pre-infuse before using a full pull for the main extraction.

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
What range of settings are you using on your feld2? Did you get it direct from MBK?

I was using one full turn from zero. I did get directly from MBK. It took a while to arrive though, but apparently it has got better since.

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
New piston seals and new group gasket... and new shower screen!

Just over 7 months since the last time. I noticed a few days ago there was some water coming out from the shower screen whilst the machine heats up. After some reading, decided to fix it. Piston out, cleaned, wiped dry. Same for the group sleeve. Piston seals, shaft, pins and group gasket re-lubricated. Problem gone away!

It’s important to put a smear of silicone grease on the group gasket so it drops relatively easily (as oppose to bake and cook against the group) when you want to perform maintenance.

I do drop the shower screen every couple of months or so to clean it, and it’s amazing how the back of it is so clean if compared to an E61 machine, which gets pretty dirty in a matter of days in comparison (due to the pressure release I think?)

Edited by MediumRoastSteam

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

• 1 month later...

10 months owing this machine and started noticing a decrease in steam performance. The element was on constantly, and the steam was spluttering. Checked the pressure and it’s as I set. Conclusion: it must be the heating element! So, decided to descale, after 10 months of Ashbeck and Volvic. Visually, there’s not anything significant, it I went ahead. After leaving in the weak descaling solution in the boiler only for just under an hour, I was surprised with what I saw. There was definitely scale build up around the heating element. I did not descaled the group as I did t fancy having to re-lube the seals.

The steam performance is back again, and it’s so much quieter!

On a less positive note, coincidently or not, it seems that my vacuum breaker valve is stuck, so this morning, for the first time, I had to deal with the infamous “false pressure”.

Time to get the spanners out.

Aren’t these machines so much fun?

16mm socket and ratchet wrench out, vacuum breaker / safety valve out, dry and clean all up, put it back, happy days.

Not such happy days... the vacuum breaker valve worked for a couple of days, but it’s now stuck closed. I can undo the nut and give a quick tap to open it again, but it’s annoying. Does anyone know an effective way to fix those? Or so I just bite the bullet and buy a new one?

Thanks.

Not such happy days... the vacuum breaker valve worked for a couple of days, but it’s now stuck closed. I can undo the nut and give a quick tap to open it again, but it’s annoying. Does anyone know an effective way to fix those? Or so I just bite the bullet and buy a new one?

Thanks.

I'm not familiar with your vacuum breaker, but is it not possible to totally strip it and clean ?.

Jon.

I'm not familiar with your vacuum breaker, but is it not possible to totally strip it and clean ?.

Jon.

See post above last. I’ve done it. Did not work. I’m reading on it, apparently as the seals harden they can stick more easily. I wonder if the descaling process contributed to that.

See post above last. I’ve done it. Did not work. I’m reading on it, apparently as the seals harden they can stick more easily. I wonder if the descaling process contributed to that.

It was from reading the above posts 66 - 67 - 68 that prompted me to comment, there's only one moveable part in mine and possibly most others, if not all.

They are a very simple device and I agree that a descale would not necessarily totally dissolve all solids and quite possible a small particle would affect the valve from seating.

Jon.

It was from reading the above posts 66 - 67 - 68 that prompted me to comment, there's only one moveable part in mine and possibly most others, if not all.

They are a very simple device and I agree that a descale would not necessarily totally dissolve all solids and quite possible a small particle would affect the valve from seating.

Jon.

Ok. To make it clear: I took the whole thing apart, bit by bit, cleaned it and wiped it dry. I then put it back, and it worked again 3 times, when it failed again this morning.

Ok. To make it clear: I took the whole thing apart, bit by bit, cleaned it and wiped it dry. I then put it back, and it worked again 3 times, when it failed again this morning.

If this is the little 'Tinker' (Am I allowed to say that?) ..........

https://www.theespressoshop.co.uk/en/La-Pavoni-Lever-Safety-Valve-with-Anti-Vacuum---396754R/m-2253.aspx

It looks as if there's a seal on the lower part, possibly a small 'O' ring, ease the 'C' clip off on the top and it will come apart.

That said, again if this is the correct one, they are only a tad over £7·00 to buy and if its a 'O' ring type seal probably gone hard, not worth compromising a brew over.

Jon.

• 1 month later...

Update: vacuum breaker valve replaced a few weeks ago. All good again.

• 1 month later...

The wonderful feeling of, having managed to get the retention pin of steam knob out - a PITA - in order to service the steam valve (oh boy the seals were in a sorry state), the joy of having found something much easier to remove next time:

IMG_2511.thumb.jpg.12a942adcd954e17ad1fcced0ccf650f.jpg

It fits perfectly. It is a cut from barbecue skewers :-) - I’ll see how it goes.

Or I can have the whole thing in if I want it. Not sure about the ergonomics however....

[emoji23]This is the big sister of the one which originated this thread.

IMG_0291.jpg

• Like 2

The wonderful feeling of, having managed to get the retention pin of steam knob out - a PITA - in order to service the steam valve (oh boy the seals were in a sorry state), the joy of having found something much easier to remove next time:

IMG_2511.thumb.jpg.12a942adcd954e17ad1fcced0ccf650f.jpg

It fits perfectly. It is a cut from barbecue skewers :-) - I’ll see how it goes.

Or I can have the whole thing in if I want it. Not sure about the ergonomics however....
[emoji23]This is the big sister of the one which originated this thread.
IMG_0291.thumb.jpg.2f4de0cf3e856f67e21d100d32921009.jpg

I'd have thought the original pin should come out quite easilly with the correct size paralell punch.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1