I know it works, question is until when and if it is safe. But it is OOT for this thread

Hi!

The Wemo, according to their specs, last time I read, were rated at 10A.

Thus, at 220V, it will cope with ~2200W. Mind you, in practice, voltage in the UK is 240V approx, although its is technically 230V...

So, like you, I’m also a bit careful when it comes to those. And, when I had my Pro-700, set to work with both boilers simultaneously, the total power drawn was over 2400W.

The only plug I found which is rated at 13A (thus, at 220V will give you 2600W) is the TP link one. I used for over 18 months and had no issues with it.

The mobile phone app is very user friendly and worked flawlessly when I had it.

Here’s the link:

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/products/details/cat-5258_HS110.html#specifications

“Maximum power: 2.99KW” (13A at 230V).

Hope that helps.

Didn’t know about tplink. Thanks. I’m using sonoff without problems, bought from ebay- but using only acording the specs.. Advantage is that you can flash FW to tasmota and use it for openhab via Mqtt for example. Dońt like to have my devices on some cloud, so Ím using openhab server located in my house.

I use the Meros smart plugs MSS310 I think, take 13amp, nice and compact and sit in a double or single socket with switch no problems. Purchased from Amazon.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

I use a tp link with my e61, no problems so far. As a plus it also records energy usage. I got quite a shock when I switched from a Gaggia single boiler to an e61 dual boiler.

I know it works, question is until when and if it is safe. But it is OOT for this thread
I misread your post I think, thought you'd said it wouldn't work 100%

Lelit Bianca PL162T / SGP

I use a tp link with my e61, no problems so far. As a plus it also records energy usage. I got quite a shock when I switched from a Gaggia single boiler to an e61 dual boiler.

pretty sure about the curing effect of e61 spros you‘re pulling ever since :cool:

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

pretty sure about the curing effect of e61 spros you‘re pulling ever since :cool:

For sure its best to be safe, not sorry!

The fact that a machine has 2x1400W elements and a dual PID switching control does not imply that it has a 2800W power consumption.

The Bianca control program powers its boilers sequentially, so the brew boiler heating is completed before the steam boiler element is switched on. This reduces maximum or continuous power requirements. PID switching also means that electrical impedance at any point in the machines heating cycles is hard to predict. We need to talk about impedance not resistance, in a/c power circuits, to be pedantic.

DaveC or others may be better placed than me to talk about measured power consumption of the Lelit Bianca.

I just ran a heating cycle from cold on this Bianca, as point of interest (not as a definitive power statement) and the Belkin Insight WEMO reports a max power consumption of 1522W instantaneous to bring the brew boiler to 94C and the steam boiler to 126C from room temperature - which was close to 25C water temp.,starting. This took about 18 minutes.

Running steam and brew water together for 50 seconds results in 1722W (and a lot of steam in my kitchen) for about 5 seconds dropping, quickly to below 1Kw as the operating temps are restored in 15 secs or so. These power readings are not necessarily accurate although the timings are. The machine comes back to operating temp. from program standby in about 4-5 minutes. Obviously the E61 group will be slower than that to reach set temp.

As we know, there are lots of smart plugs and other timer switches around. This 2018 Belkin Insight is rated at 3.1Kw on 230/240V a/c. The lower power ratings given elsewhere are at 120V a/c and are also for earlier model devices in some cases. So, to be safe, we all need to check our own devices and their ratings with makers or their approved agents.

My kitchen area power sockets are wall mounted under work surfaces where I need to leave items plugged in, such as coffee machines, cooker, washing machines etc, so the ugly appearance of smart plugs and cables doesn't matter much. A cable hole in the rear edge of the worktop or surround may not be acceptable or possible. if so, 2018 Belkin Insight are smaller and neater than the older models (still a bit bulky) and work with NEST or some other home automation. They are relatively expensive though.

Typically I've got stuck doing the simplest of tasks! trying to lubricate the lever on my bianca.

Why is the cam so hard to locate?! to my eye the lower pin is sticking out more which I think is making it impossible to locate the pin the the neutral position

Does it look normal?995adb9e696b2cc26788957cb20721b9.jpg

Scratch that, I've done it

Top pin had a slight bit of give and a light tap with pin hammer did the trick.

Was crapping myself for a while with the thought of no coffee.

It's harder because lelit took a different approach to the one I did on the Vesuvius design, to disable the pre-infusion function on the E61

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

I see hasn't cured the problem I had so might have to lube it again. The lever is really notchy on the first pull after a shot, after the first pull it's back to being smooth again, it's really odd

Also if I leave the machine for 15-20 after the shot that first pull on the lever is smooth

I see hasn't cured the problem I had so might have to lube it again. The lever is really notchy on the first pull after a shot, after the first pull it's back to being smooth again, it's really odd

Also if I leave the machine for 15-20 after the shot that first pull on the lever is smooth

Strange, I don't have this problem (well didn't when the prototype was on the counter), it's in storage in my collection at the moment.

It only started happening after I used puly caff! not my finest hour.

The cam was pretty dry when I took it out, think it might just take several uses for the lube to work its way around.

Just done another shot and it was much smoother

Yes because it's stripped all the coffee oils away, then you grease the cam after the puly cafe, machine isn't that old is it.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

2 things.

1 Parts must be dry before cam n followers lubed, also cocktail stick and lube where followers slide!

2 if cam is hard to get located with lever on and at 45 degrees, simply loosen bottom part of E61 a tad

I used a darning needle :)

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Yes because it's stripped all the coffee oils away, then you grease the cam after the puly cafe, machine isn't that old is it.
Nope, 6 weeks old I think. Now that I know I can do the process confidently I might do it again in a couple of weeks

Nope, 6 weeks old I think. Now that I know I can do the process confidently I might do it again in a couple of weeks

You could do a video, so we can learn how to diasemble the group on a Lelit :cool:

Following in your slipstream! I'll leave the backflushing alone for a while yet, I reckon. Apart from an easily fixed water leak my Bianca has been cranking out 8-12 shots a day trouble free so far.

Enough variables that its always tempting to try another shot to experiment, which keeps pushing the usage up...

1:50

[video=youtube_share;uYweULdpTM0]

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

@DavecUK I noticed in your profile that you have the Izzo Duetto, along with the Bianca prototype. How would you compare these two machines? The Duetto seems like a solid machine (been around for a while, multiple revisions, various improvements over time, etc) while the Bianca seems high quality but perhaps unrefined. Would you recommend one over the other to someone upgrading from a BDB?

@DavecUK I noticed in your profile that you have the Izzo Duetto, along with the Bianca prototype. How would you compare these two machines? The Duetto seems like a solid machine (been around for a while, multiple revisions, various improvements over time, etc) while the Bianca seems high quality but perhaps unrefined. Would you recommend one over the other to someone upgrading from a BDB?

It's tricky I of course own both machines, I got the Bianca to add to my collection of dual boilers, mainly because it's unusual and quite pretty. From a raw engineering standpoint, the Vesuvius is really built, thick high quality stainless, lots of space inside, gear pump that gives control over pressure and is repeatable.

The Bianca, more delicate, undeniably pretty, some clever features...able to do a very low flow preinfusion shot like a slayer, that the Vesuvius can't quite match, although it comes close. However what the V can do with pressure on a repeatable basis is astounding. For me the V is my daily driver, but it's whatever floats your boat really. Even with the forum deals from time to time, depending on PTFE or Sainless Steel pipework becomes £300 to £500 more than a Bianca. Both machines come with a lot of standard equipment....you have to decide what fits your lifestyle best. I don't think I can advise you easily. They will both be fantastic machines....you will own either happily for decades?

Oops just noticed you said Duetto....yah I own one of those as well because I sort of designed it....Bianca definitely over the Duetto, not even a contest!

For Lelit Bianca owners and anyone else so interested, there are some developing threads on Home Barista that I've found useful and interesting:

https://www.home-barista.com/reviews/lelit-bianca-review-t54489.html

https://www.home-barista.com/espresso-machines/lelit-bianca-user-experience-t54490.html

We've had the Bianca available a few weeks longer in UK, than customers in the U.S. , So DaveC has shared some data from his pre-launch work (and ownership) and so have I. As a new user with 300+ Bianca shots in place that hardly makes me expert, but other responders on the threads are open minded (generally!) and offer good responses.

If you're interested in profiling and espresso machine engineering, this thread is a lot of fun and I read it for some months (it takes a while) before buying a Bianca:

https://www.home-barista.com/espresso-machines/my-long-and-rambling-path-to-preinfusion-pressure-profiling-t49539.html

- might be good to start at the end and work backwards....

I'm close to taking the plunge on one of these. I'd assumed I'd be looking to BB for the purchase, but noticed that Lelit sell direct for £1600. Obviously I want a proper warranty and ease if it comes to needing anything fixed, so would that price mean that isn't offered if one were to purchase direct from Lelit?

It's actually sold by Espresso Underground rather than direct from Lelit. You can email Peter on [email protected] - he is fairly responsive.

Bella Barista have an absolutely stellar reputation and fantastic after sales support, but it's quite a bit more expensive and Espresso Underground have a good rep themselves, although I dont think they have supplied a lot of machines to the con/prosumer market.