@RandyC - are you sure it’s the OPV (expansion valve)? Could it be it’s filling the service boiler, that’s not detecting its full and just chucking water out via the vacuum breaker?

Could you please try this: 

- put the machine in ECO mode (I.e.: service boiler off)
- attempt to start up your machine.

If it works, it might be you have a faulty fill lever sensor, or it’s disconnected on the Gicar box (maybe happened in transit) - in which case you’ll need to contact the reseller or try to check out yourself, but you’ll need to open the machine up. 

edit: welcome aboard to CFUK.

Edited by MediumRoastSteam

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there's this post which already has done a great job for the MaraX - I am quoting a bit of it at the bottom of this post, which details what tools are needed. Essentially, the same would apply

awesome to see the level of assistance on the forum 🙂 

Here it is, pride of place in a new kitchen.

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

@RandyC - are you sure it’s the OPV (expansion valve)? Could it be it’s filling the service boiler, that’s not detecting its full and just chucking water out via the vacuum breaker?

Could you please try this: 

- put the machine in ECO mode (I.e.: service boiler off)
- attempt to start up your machine.

If it works, it might be you have a faulty fill lever sensor, or it’s disconnected on the Gicar box (maybe happened in transit) - in which case you’ll need to contact the reseller or try to check out yourself, but you’ll need to open the machine up. 

edit: welcome aboard to CFUK.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the things to try, appreciated!

So I believe I've set it into Eco mode (service boiler off, still learning the terminology on the fly here):

spacer.png

After I turned the machine back on it still complained about needed water so I added ~300ml of water. What I believe is the OPV started draining water immediately, I captured it below for confirmation. I noticed the steam pressure is sitting quite high here as well:

spacer.png

@RandyC - thanks for the pics. So... 

machine on in ECO mode, tank full. Turn machine on and let it warm up. What happened? The reason I’m asking is that, if the machine is in ECO mode, there should be no pressure in the service boiler. Is the second picture showing the pressure high with the machine in ECO mode? If so, that’s strange. Please confirm.

If the machine is not in eco mode and the pressure is high... then it might be the safety valve triggering. The water in the drip tray... is it really hot and is steam coming out of the outlet? Regardless, the pressure should not be that high, ever, on your machine. Something is not right. Maybe a sensor got disconnected in transit, or a faulty sensor, or it could be misconfiguration  (e.g.: steam offset too high), although you said you’ve reset the machine so that could be ruled out.

if you can’t resolve this yourself, you might want to reach out to your retailer as maybe they can help you.

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Has anyone changed from v1 to v2 of the LCC. Any issues/advantages ? Considering using one of the energy efficient modes and the 60 sec shot completion appeals.

Feels like a waste not being able to get LCC reflashed.

5 hours ago, Teejay said:

Has anyone changed from v1 to v2 of the LCC. Any issues/advantages ? Considering using one of the energy efficient modes and the 60 sec shot completion appeals.

Feels like a waste not being able to get LCC reflashed.

The only actuaul adavantge id see is the timer saying on longer after shot completion . 

V1 has energy savign modes. 

Not sure what the 60 sec shot competition is or would be advantageous for ?

machine on in ECO mode, tank full. Turn machine on and let it warm up. What happened? The reason I’m asking is that, if the machine is in ECO mode, there should be no pressure in the service boiler. Is the second picture showing the pressure high with the machine in ECO mode? If so, that’s strange. Please confirm.

• With the device in eco mode and water in the tank/reservoir, if I turn the machine on now, I get what's happening in my second picture from above where water is being drained immediately and the LCC changes to a temperature reading with the steam pressure reading high.
  • So yes, to confirm the second picture is indeed with Eco mode enabled.
6 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

The water in the drip tray... is it really hot and is steam coming out of the outlet?

• The water is cool and I assume it's the water coming straight from the tank. Though I don't know if the boilers are full at this point and the water is coming from there instead.
  • Should I purge the boilers to get them empty (is there a way to do this safely?) and redo the factory reset again to get the machine as close as it was to when it was shipped?

Yup, I've already sent a ticket off to the company I purchased it from and also reached out to Lelit. Hopefully hear back during the week. Thanks for the help so far though.

@RandyC  - @DavecUK should be able to help much more than me. The bit that baffles me is that the machine is in ECO mode, the steam boiler is off... yet the pressure gauge is saying it’s under pressure. Bizarre. I haven’t got a clue. Maybe Dave will know... regardless, let us know how you get on. 👍 - very annoying.

Grammar
  • Thanks 1

@RandyC  From what I have read and what you have said, it looks like the pump is filling the service (steam) boiler and this is overflowing into the drip tray. The high pressure you see is not because of temperature, but the pressure being created in the service boiler by the pump. Overflows from the vacuum breaker and safety valve lead to the drip try via plastic tubes, or did in my model.

The safety valve opens at around 2.8 bar+, depending on what version they have fitted...it will be written on the side. The vacuum breaker is closed by positive pressure....so in a full boiler, the vacuum breaker might get pushed closed by pressure, but the safety valve will certainly release water (even if the boiler is cold).

To do this, the machine thinks the service boiler is empty, causes are:

• Faulty autofill box (unlikely on a new machine)
  • bad connection on level probe, or level probe wire disconnected
  • Solenoid in the service boiler fill position or installed the wrong way round at the factory. This is also very unlikely as the solenoid is a NC to service boiler, and only opens when it receives voltage. Installed the wrong way round is a possibility and there will be an arrow on the body (again unlikely).

Open the top of the machine and have a look, take a photo...upload it to the forum if you can, although you may not have enough posts yet, if not, link it. This allows members to identify things for you, and we may even spot the fault.

Welcome to the forum.....

• Thanks 1

Nothing here...

On 11/04/2021 at 00:53, MediumRoastSteam said:

Could it be it’s filling the service boiler, that’s not detecting its full and just chucking water out via the vacuum breaker?

On 11/04/2021 at 00:53, MediumRoastSteam said:

it might be you have a faulty fill lever sensor, or it’s disconnected on the Gicar box (maybe happened in transit)

14 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

so in a full boiler, the vacuum breaker might get pushed closed by pressure, but the safety valve will certainly release water (even if the boiler is cold).

9 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

bad connection on level probe, or level probe wire disconnected

I’m glad I at least was, somehow, partially on the right track. 😂😂😂😂😂😂👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DavecUK said:

Open the top of the machine and have a look, take a photo...upload it to the forum if you can, although you may not have enough posts yet, if not, link it. This allows members to identify things for you, and we may even spot the fault.

Thanks for the response @DavecUK. I'll open it up and take a photo soon.

I did get a response back from Lelit, followed up by asking me to check with my direct reseller (which I have). It's probably still worth opening up and trying though.

For what we see it could be a water level probe issue but this needs to be checked by a technician.

8 hours ago, DavecUK said:

Open the top of the machine and have a look, take a photo...upload it to the forum if you can, although you may not have enough posts yet, if not, link it.

I've uploaded some internal pictures to the following album. Wasn't entirely sure what to focus on so I took a few; thanks:

https://imgur.com/a/Vp0Muq2

48 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

get me a good shot of this, the tube obscures what I want to check

image.png.f2f5c24fe66872bdf7787070c02dd144.png

Should have looked closer myself from the side, it's unplugged! Is that the water level probe?

spacer.png

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.2113e178926499471ebece8c5ba8c76d.png

And you will be good to go

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nothing here...

See... I was right! 🤣😂👍 - Great news @RandyC ! Hope you are now good to go and have made the best espresso of your life! 🙂 

• Like 4

On 10/04/2021 at 21:49, Alex_L said:

Thanks. Would be odd if they were radically different. My attempt at measuring suggests it should just fit. Think I’ll chance it and see what happens. 

VST ridgeless 22 arrived and fits the standard bianca bottomless fine.