I'm like you so I went with the Bianca about six months ago. I came from a La Pavoni so this was a big step. Best thing I ever did. Little bit of a learning curve but all of it fun. The power of the paddle really opens up so many possibilities.
You'll love it.
@thusband How are you finding the Bianca compared to the La Pavoni?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here it is, pride of place in a new kitchen.

No..no, the gasket is meant to come out....if it doesn't, then you're really in trouble!

It's a dual boiler so E61 temperature has nothing to do with service (steam) boiler temperature.  I'm assuming the temperature was showing normal when the machine was up at apparently 4 barish on

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mit_hirani said:

@thusband How are you finding the Bianca compared to the La Pavoni?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Apple and oranges. Totally different experience. The Bianca is so much more precise. 

• Like 1
now realising how big these are... does anyone have their machine with side mounted tank? if you do can you measure how far from the back it sits? (ie the gap between it and the back of the machine)
The machine front to back is 40cm. With the water tank rear-mounted it's 48cm. When the tank is at the side it sits flush with the casing at the back, but remember you'll have the power cord at the back. The power cord protrudes a fair amount, I measured 8cm of space needed for the cord at the back before it will bend vertically up a wall (see photo for what I mean by that).897a5b50c1034df4ad4f5e04e08c4da1.jpg

Congratulations, a very exciting day. I got mine in January and I still get all warm and fuzzy when I think about the day I travelled to Bella Barista to choose and take my machine.

Be patient with the paddle, it's intuitive but takes a little while to really understand what it can do for you.

had my first milk drink from it just now, and wow. even with a severe lack of milk skills it was a substantial step up from what my old silvia could produce. the sweetness in the milk blew me away! i promised my gf cafe standard drinks from this machine and i cant see it letting me down

im going to use standby mode to save electric (and the steam boiler off), how long does it take to come back to temp from standby?

Very quick. Espresso is ready by the time you've done your prep, milk will need 5 minutes. Optimum temp for espresso might mean giving it a bit longer, which I usually do - using timer plug app if needed (I use Meross)

7 minutes ago, KingoftheHeath said:

Very quick. Espresso is ready by the time you've done your prep, milk will need 5 minutes. Optimum temp for espresso might mean giving it a bit longer, which I usually do - using timer plug app if needed (I use Meross)

its on a tp-link wifi plug to come on in the morning and to go off at night (if i forget) but i'll leave it on all day and make coffee as and when as i work from home now. so knowing it comes back up to temp in 5-10mins is great!

22 minutes ago, spasypaddy said:

knowing it comes back up to temp in 5-10mins is great!

this doesn't make any sense 🙂 - and congrats on the Bianca! I wish I had the space!

Unless it does funky stuff during standby, like - keeping the boiler temp at a lower temperature - then it should make no difference whether you turn the machine off or use the standby function. So, yes, it would take 5 minutes providing the group is relatively warm and close to the operational temperature, but equality it could take 30 minutes. 

If you intend to use the machine at unknown intervals or frequently, just leave the machine with the brew boiler on. - This way I think you'd save electricity, and, specially in autumn/winter time, you are technically not wasting any of the heat generated.

• Like 2

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, spasypaddy said:

love my machine, currently using the preinfusion mode but getting consistently brilliant (IMO) shots.

however, i can't get the shower screen out to give it a good clean. anyone got any advice?

Get a tea spoon. Yank the shower screen out by leveraging the spoon against the group and the ridge of the shower screen. 

(pica boo!) 

Edited by MediumRoastSteam
  • Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Just now, spasypaddy said:

ive been trying that, will give it another go.

Added a video for you. 🙂  - Only works with high-grade good quality spoons though. 😂 - Some people use screw drivers... Some people use bike tyre levers. Spoon is just fine. 

Edited by MediumRoastSteam
  • Like 1

Thanks for the video, its what i've been using.

i have loads of tyre levers dotted about (i do have 6 bikes after all...), will get one of those on it! 

I was getting the gasket coming out a bit instead of the screen cover so i think im leveraging against the wrong bit. didnt notice a ridge so will look for that instead

33 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

And better/easier if the machine is hot, until it's been in and out a fair few times.

my machine is on if im awake so yeah its always been hot when i've tried.

Edited by spasypaddy
3 minutes ago, spasypaddy said:

Thanks for the video, its what i've been using.

i have loads of tyre levers dotted about (i do have 6 bikes after all...), will get one of those on it! 

I was getting the gasket coming out a bit instead of the screen cover so i think im leveraging against the wrong bit. didnt notice a ridge so will look for that instead

my machine is on if im awake so yeah its always been hot when i've tried.

No..no, the gasket is meant to come out....if it doesn't, then you're really in trouble!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Just now, spasypaddy said:

oh i know that, but when im just trying to take the shower screen out?

I think you would really have to try to get the screen out without the gasket on an E61....I've not been able to...well unless it's on a machine where the screen has not been dropped in years and the gasket has welded itself in place.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

I think you would really have to try to get the screen out without the gasket on an E61....I've not been able to...well unless it's on a machine where the screen has not been dropped in years and the gasket has welded itself in place.

great, i wasnt going wrong i just was scared i wasnt doing it right.

its not been out and cleaned.

thanks

• Like 1

me again... where should my steam boiler get to pressure wise? temp is set to 125 but sometimes it goes to 1.5bar and not much further other times much much further. today it went as far as i think it could go before getting stopped by the needle on the brew boiler