28 minutes ago, Keeper said:

I suspect what you are seeing is coffee stains.  Some coffees are oilier than others (darker roasted coffee)  and will leave a greasy looking film on metal if not cleared regularly.  If you have cleaned the inside of your screen and cleaned the greasy looking film off the brass fitment underneath you don't need to do anything else.  However I would recommend than you do a back flushing about once a week using a dime size bit of espresso detergent.   Back flush 4-5 times holding each one for 10 seconds should keep the greasy coffee film from accumulating.  After back flushing remove the blind filter from your portafilter run some water through it to remove bits of the detergent.  Back flushing is described in the manual.

Hope this helps,

Rob

28 minutes ago, Keeper said:

Ive just cleaned my shower screen and above it is a plate with brass fitment, it looks like this has a thin laver of grease or it it residue to clean off?

I've cleaned it, if grease what do I need to replace it with?

Sorry if this is a daft question I couldn't spot it in Dave's manual.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here it is, pride of place in a new kitchen.

No..no, the gasket is meant to come out....if it doesn't, then you're really in trouble!

It's a dual boiler so E61 temperature has nothing to do with service (steam) boiler temperature.  I'm assuming the temperature was showing normal when the machine was up at apparently 4 barish on

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Received my new Bianca this week. So far I've been running the flushing cycles, and the water coming out of the water tap has tiny black particles in it. I THINK the more water I run through it, the less particles I'm seeing, but is this a cause for concern?

The water out of the shower screen and steam wand are completely clean though. No particles there.

4.jpg

3 hours ago, Rob2444 said:

Did you clean the reservoir before you used it?

Did you use detergent when you back flushed?

Hey Rob,

Yes I washed out the reservoir before I filled it up for flushing.

I haven't back flushed yet. The picture above is from when I was just flushing water through the machine as per the user manuals 1st use instructions.

I have a tub of cafiza2 cleaning powder though for when I do have to backflush and clean the machine.

1 hour ago, DavecUK said:

Did I write the user manual? 

Hey Dave :)

I was referring to the official user manual that came with the machine :) just the standard 'run the grouphead for 500ml, run the hot water tap for 1L, run the steam wand for 10 seconds' 

If there are small black specks coming from the water tap, but the shower head and steam wand are fine, does that mean it's an issue with the water tap only?

Cheers :)

Ah cos when I used to write manuals I used to use the term first use. I'll havo check I thought I wrote a user guide for Bianca. If I did it probably would have complemented the Lelit one. 

Yes i did write a user guide not sure if it's fully up to date now with current LCC software.

My water dispenser has started dripping today, I only noticed because I could hear the pump running every 10 minutes or so to fill the boiler, I went to look why and the water tap is dripping every 3 seconds, it's closed off tight enough, I never shut the taps off really tight, just nip them till they stop.

@Davecuk Any ideas? Am I likely to need a new o ring or something?

Edited by Nick1881

Niche Zero, Lelit Bianca, Claris Ultra filter, Torr Tamper with NickNak handle, BT Wedge distribution tool, Felicita ARC scales, MildredM towels. Fully converted by Coffee Forums UK.

1 hour ago, Nick1881 said:

My water dispenser has started dripping today, I only noticed because I could hear the pump running every 10 minutes or so to fill the boiler, I went to look why and the water tap is dripping every 3 seconds, it's closed off tight enough, I never shut the taps off really tight, just nip them till they stop.

@Davecuk Any ideas? Am I likely to need a new o ring or something?

They are no compression taps so it doesn't matter how tight you close them. If you use water that's not clean enough for espresso machines (e.g. limescale and other contaminants), the seals on no compression water taps can leak. It could be debris, scale or it might need a new o ring. The best way is to open it, clean it and reassemble to see if the leak stops.

The other type of tap (you don't have) is the compression tap and the reason the manufacturers changed from them to no compression was users are ham fisted and were tightening up the compression ones too hard, so they didn't last as long as they should have and it was good marketing. I like compression taps because I'm gentle and usually they last me more than 10 years quite easily.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, DavecUK said:

They are no compression taps so it doesn't matter how tight you close them. If you use water that's not clean enough for espresso machines (e.g. limescale and other contaminants), the seals on no compression water taps can leak. It could be debris, scale or it might need a new o ring. The best way is to open it, clean it and reassemble to see if the leak stops.

The other type of tap (you don't have) is the compression tap and the reason the manufacturers changed from them to no compression was users are ham fisted and were tightening up the compression ones too hard, so they didn't last as long as they should have and it was good marketing. I like compression taps because I'm gentle and usually they last me more than 10 years quite easily.

Thanks Dave, I switched the machine off and emptied about 150ml of hot water out, then shut it off and it wasn't dripping. I turned it back on and it filled the boiler and went back to temperature, not another drip all day. I'll keep an eye on it. The machine is plumbed in with a water filter, I measure the GH and KH at intervals and check the amount of water through the filter as I also drink it from a tap off the same filter.

I noticed the taps don't tighten like a regular tap, they just stop and the water flow is shut off before they hit the stop.

My Bianca is just over a year old now. Is there any extra maintenance tasks I should do or spares I should buy? I do a daily water backflush and occasionally I add Puly Caff, probably every 2 months.

Niche Zero, Lelit Bianca, Claris Ultra filter, Torr Tamper with NickNak handle, BT Wedge distribution tool, Felicita ARC scales, MildredM towels. Fully converted by Coffee Forums UK.

There is I'm sure I posted about it (regular maintenance procedures. You will need to do a search and have a look at the coffeetime wiki as well.

With 100s of forum areas, I have no idea where it might be now.

Edited by DavecUK
On 25/06/2020 at 18:04, cherryberrymango said:

Hey Rob,

Yes I washed out the reservoir before I filled it up for flushing.

I haven't back flushed yet. The picture above is from when I was just flushing water through the machine as per the user manuals 1st use instructions.

I have a tub of cafiza2 cleaning powder though for when I do have to backflush and clean the machine.

I am trying to get in the habit of back flushing once a week.  Most of the time I use plain water but I used carfiza last week.  I have only had my Bianca for about a month.  

I am trying to get in the habit of back flushing once a week.  Most of the time I use plain water but I used carfiza last week.  I have only had my Bianca for about a month.  

You don’t need to backflush chemically too often, maybe once every 6 weeks. But make sure you lube the cam afterwards! Otherwise the pins will prematurely wear off.

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve preordered a Bianca from BB, and figure it’s about time I buy a dosing funnel. Assuming that I shouldn’t be immediately swapping out the baskets, can anyone recommend a funnel that fits nicely on the stock ones please? Struggling to work out if they’re 58mm or 58.5mm, and if it even makes much difference what size funnel I get if it’s one that sits on the top like this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GZWNW7L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fZ3aFbXE0ZJCE

and yes I know I could just wait till it all arrives and get the callipers out, but it’s nice to have all the toys ready from the off 😋

Thanks in advance!

Provided tamper says 58.5mm so I reckon that's the size of the baskets.
I have a standard 58mm funnel and it works well with it though. Probably more important for tampet choice.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
I’ve preordered a Bianca from BB, and figure it’s about time I buy a dosing funnel. Assuming that I shouldn’t be immediately swapping out the baskets, can anyone recommend a funnel that fits nicely on the stock ones please? Struggling to work out if they’re 58mm or 58.5mm, and if it even makes much difference what size funnel I get if it’s one that sits on the top like this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GZWNW7L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fZ3aFbXE0ZJCE
and yes I know I could just wait till it all arrives and get the callipers out, but it’s nice to have all the toys ready from the off
Thanks in advance!

That funnel is fine.
  • Thanks 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

• 3 months later...

Is this the most complete machine at this price point? 

Before buying did you consider anything else? 

I'm almost convinced that if I get either the marax or the Elizabeth I'll regret not getting the bianca. 

Any buyers regret? Any advice on the prospective purchase? 

Not sure who this post is addressed to. I'll bite.

At the time I was torn between the Bianca and Decent. My main criteria that helped me narrow it down to these two were no HX, relatively fast heat up time, pressure/flow profiling ability, and dimensions (particularly depth). As it was early days for the Decent, I chose to go with the tried & tested stuff, especially as I'd had great coffees pulled from other E61s in the past.

I'm very happy with my choice, didn't have buyer's regret at all. Quite the contrary, it exceeded my expectations. I might still buy a DE1 one day, as the visual feedback, even faster heat up time, smaller dimensions, and overall greater level of control are quite appealing. However now the price of this machine has increased quite a bit so is in a different pricing league than the Bianca.

Below £2k, I would choose the Bianca again if buying today.

1 hour ago, spasypaddy said:

Is this the most complete machine at this price point? 

Before buying did you consider anything else? 

I'm almost convinced that if I get either the marax or the Elizabeth I'll regret not getting the bianca. 

Any buyers regret? Any advice on the prospective purchase? 

In the price range I had it seemed to be the best option , the decent was beyond my pocket , as is a speedster , proabalt the only two machines if have . 

flow profiling is a hard as you want to make it ,once dialled in you can set the paddle and let it do it’s thing mor you can change a shot on the fly if you got the grind wrong .  
moving the paddle around the hot certain pressure is easy and really repeatable 
It has some nice features like moveable water tank , level spouted pf , eco mode and a really great tamper .

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

thanks guys, i basically want to buy once and not again (for 10 years or so...) and this seems to have literally everything i can imagine i want from a home machine so its good to see some nice feedback

5 hours ago, spasypaddy said:

thanks guys, i basically want to buy once and not again (for 10 years or so...) and this seems to have literally everything i can imagine i want from a home machine so its good to see some nice feedback

I'm like you so I went with the Bianca about six months ago. I came from a La Pavoni so this was a big step. Best thing I ever did. Little bit of a learning curve but all of it fun. The power of the paddle really opens up so many possibilities.

You'll love it.

• Like 1