Only the 3rd :)

they were fairy big increases though :p

I will only say three things... rotary pump, flow control and dual boiler... surely that's enough to warrant the extra cash

The ECM is rotary pump and I would plumb it in. It doesn’t have a shot timer or PID or come with as many accessories I think. I’m not sure what I’d with the flow control, nice to have it there though I guess.

Im still not sure if I need DB over HX, a cooling flush doesn’t sound too bad.

Niche Zero, Lelit Bianca, Claris Ultra filter, Torr Tamper, BT Wedge distribution tool, Felicita ARC scales, MildredM towels. Fully converted by Coffee Forums UK.

I ran a plumbed in mechanika for a while - it was a joy to behold, lovely to own and made great coffee.

Ultimately I wanted more consistency and control over brew temp that a HX could provide as i now mainly drink lighter roasts than ‘dark’.

If I’d have known this from the start I’d have gone dual boiler straight away. And conversely if I was still drinking predominantly darker roasts that are less sensitive to brew temp I’d still have it

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

sorry i assumed you were referring to the mechanika slim..with a vibe pump.

my upgrade thoughts went ... lelit mara to ecm mechanika iv profi to mechanika slim to lelit bianca..

good luck

Oh god, I’m going to end up with a Bianca aren’t I, it really is a beauty and meets all my wants and then some.

Thanks for the replies.

Niche Zero, Lelit Bianca, Claris Ultra filter, Torr Tamper, BT Wedge distribution tool, Felicita ARC scales, MildredM towels. Fully converted by Coffee Forums UK.

Oh god, I’m going to end up with a Bianca aren’t I, it really is a beauty and meets all my wants and then some.

Thanks for the replies.

whats your grinder

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Niche Zero, already upgraded that lol.

One thing I read about the Bianca is that the flow rate is very slow compared to other machines, someone said that mouth feel on darker shots isn’t as good. Any owners noticed this?

Also is DB harder to maintain than a HX machine or are they about the same?

One thing I read about the Bianca is that the flow rate is very slow compared to other machines, someone said that mouth feel on darker shots isn’t as good. Any owners noticed this?

Also is DB harder to maintain than a HX machine or are they about the same?

Dont over think it... Mouthfeel Is such a subjective thing. Get the machine and have an experiment.

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Well I’m now a Bianca owner.

Just reading the the guide and doing the flushing procedure.

My machine is all plumbed and and running.

What pressure are you guys running. Mine came set to 11 bar, I see that @DavecUK has his set to 9 bar. I'm still very new to this, what does it mean for the shot, should I reduce mine? I saw the Lelit video on adjusting it, very nice that it can be done without removing covers.

What pressure are you guys running. Mine came set to 11 bar, I see that @DavecUK has his set to 9 bar. I'm still very new to this, what does it mean for the shot, should I reduce mine? I saw the Lelit video on adjusting it, very nice that it can be done without removing covers.

Go on, show us some shiny pics..

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

You adjust the group pressure with the needle valve. You can leave the pump pressure where it is.

I tweaked mine to 10 bar, this was to ensure the max pressure was set to a pressure I would not want to go above in a profile.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Thanks guys.

I reduced the incoming mains water pressure, despite setting it to 2 bar on another gauge the Bianca gauge showed 3 bar, I have now lowered it so the Bianca reads just under 2. I noticed during a shot the pressure was more like 9.5 bar so i think it will be ok.

Go on, show us some shiny pics..

IMG_1095.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40320[/ATTACH]
Lovely set up.

Are they the arc scales? How do you get on with them?

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Looking good.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40320[/ATTACH]

It looks fantastic :) :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Thanks all

Lovely set up.

Are they the arc scales? How do you get on with them?

Yes they are, very good indeed, much better than the cheap scales I was using, because the response time is fast it is much easier to stop the shot at the right weight. Also better accuracy repeatability. The timer was very handy before but now I use the Bianca shot timer.

I've had the Bianca for a week now and I absolutely love it. I didn't think I would play with the pressure paddle but I have been already. I haven't attempted the very long pre-infusion shot yet, not sure how fine I should grind. I have done fairly long pre-infusion shots with my standard grind, set to about 14 on the Niche.

I'm getting through the Gaslight blend that I got with the machine and I have to say I'm making the best coffee I have ever tasted, the only trouble is that as soon as I finish a cup I want another one. I've had two so far today and I'm trying to go easy.

My milk frothing is still pretty poor, I seem to make too many bigger bubbles. I saw on the HB forum someone changed to a 4 hole tip with good results, not sure if that would help me.

I'm really happy I chose the Bianca though, for the money it seems to be the perfect machine.

I've had the Bianca for a week now and I absolutely love it. I didn't think I would play with the pressure paddle but I have been already. I haven't attempted the very long pre-infusion shot yet, not sure how fine I should grind. I have done fairly long pre-infusion shots with my standard grind, set to about 14 on the Niche.
I'm getting through the Gaslight blend that I got with the machine and I have to say I'm making the best coffee I have ever tasted, the only trouble is that as soon as I finish a cup I want another one. I've had two so far today and I'm trying to go easy.
My milk frothing is still pretty poor, I seem to make too many bigger bubbles. I saw on the HB forum someone changed to a 4 hole tip with good results, not sure if that would help me.
I'm really happy I chose the Bianca though, for the money it seems to be the perfect machine.
i suggest you master the two hole tip before moving to the four hole. You may even find it easier to learn with the other tip you get with the bianca which has two smaller holes.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I was next in line behind @Nick1881 at BB to buy the Bianca. Big learning curve for me too, but I am managing to pull good (drinkable) shots.

Steaming is more of a challenge, I’ve now moved to the smaller holed tip but still can’t master it - I guess it will take more practice. Kids are more than happy with the hot chocolates I make so can’t be all bad.

Hi @GordonH You decided to go for a Bianca then.

I briefly tried the smaller hole tip but it didn't seem to help me. The guy on H-B got a 4 hole 0.9mm so I'm not sure if they are more smaller holes than the stock 2 ones or maybe having 4 holes helps in some different way. I'm just musing here, really I just don't know what I'm doing :p 

For now I'm just glad that my coffee tastes good.

Posted (edited)

Hi Everyone,

I've been following this topic for a while as well as looking throughout the internet for reviews/information on the Bianca; eventually deciding to go for it as my first upgrade from my trusty old Lelit PL041tem. Having ordered from Bella Barista, the service was entirely top notch, and all my questions on delivery arrangements and whatnot were answered fully.

Indeed, they tested the new machine for me and it arrived in excellent nick last Friday. However (there's always one isn't there?), upon first turning the machine on, the LCC display gave me "error 2" accompanied with a little wrench icon. According to the manual, this is some disorder related to the brew boiler temperature probe.

After waiting 5 minutes and an old turning off/on, the brew and steam boilers then started filling - problem solved with no more error.

Over the last few days, we've noticed the same error appear seemingly randomly, perhaps every 10 times or so. However, when we try turning the machine on/off several times, we couldn't recreate the error.

Puzzling indeed, until we realised that the error might be popping up every time the brew boiler drops below a threshold 20degC. This would make sense given that outside temperature at delivery was on the order of 10degC, and room temperature was around 18degC or so earlier (taking only 10 seconds for the error to automatically dissappear). And of course, as the brew boiler heats up incrementally with each off/on test, it far surpasses the 20degC lower limit. We're going to check again tomorrow morning, as some cold weather is expected overnight, so will report back later.

I just wandered, has anyone else noticed this before? Our machine was one of a fresh shipment from Lelit, has anyone heard of any factory level changes made?

Apologies for the wall of text, and thanks for reading!

Edited by Enolator
Name removal.

Talk to BB you might have a faulty temp probe, if so it's easily replaced.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/