Coffee Forums banner
125K views 757 replies 100 participants last post by  yahyoh 
#1 ·
I'm interested in what Forum members think of this machine. I know very little about Lelit's other products. It appears that the Bianca may be available in some markets now and in the U.S. perhaps in July. The price quoted by 1st Line is pretty competitive with other double boiler machines.

#2 ·
little info on page 38 here

the water tank is external

and a video

but I'm not sure if this is a production version

for sale in Europe here (with more info)

looks nice for sure
:)

#3 ·
Thanks! I've found a bit of information here and a few short videos on the web. I wonder how the quality compares with similarly priced double boiler machines, because it does appear to offer additional features compared with most of the competition. Here's a link to the U.S. site that will carry it https://www.1st-line.com/buy/lelit-pl162t-bianca-espresso-machine/

#4 ·
as mentioned in the other thread, availability of the pressure regulation paddle to mount into existing E61 groups would be fantastic
let's wait and see

#5 ·
ncrc51 said:
Thanks! I've found a bit of information here and a few short videos on the web. I wonder how the quality compares with similarly priced double boiler machines, because it does appear to offer additional features compared with most of the competition. Here's a link to the U.S. site that will carry it https://www.1st-line.com/buy/lelit-pl162t-bianca-espresso-machine/
I did a fairly extensive engineering review on it about 4 or 5 weeks ago now. gave the results back to BB and Lelit. It had some changes I wanted them to make and I think....they delayed launch a bit while they made them. Yeah it's an interesting machine and I am sure people will have a lot of fun experimenting with the paddle. One feature I thought was very innovative was the ability to place the external water tank at the back or on either side of the machine.

P.S. I also came up with a nice set of recommended PID parameters for it.....which I believe Lelit are having programmed as the factory settings....at least that's what they said.

#8 ·
Oh I should have said I am actually buying the prototype to add to my collection. I like to have machines that are in some way "special". I would have kept the Bellman as well if it wasn't so flipping expensive.

• Duetto 0001 (first preproduction and a machine I had a huge involvement with creating)

• Vesuvius (just special in every way, including the guy who built it for me). It's also my "every day carry" so to speak. I don't believe there will ever be another machine quite like it
  • Lelit Bianca (pure left field innovation and a prototype, one of a kind and I just kinda Liked it, just something about it)
  • Melitta Varianza Best BTC I ever used for the Money and better than many £1200 BTC machines, certainly better than the Market leader! When I'm feeling Lazy in the summmer...out it comes. Constant flow of coffee to the Patio.

I am also hoping to add the damaged little Minima to this list. It's again VERY special, it's been mistreated by the couriers and I really don't think will stand a second journey and needs a good loving home.

It's ridiculous isn't it, other people collect stamps n stuff and I collect coffee machines. I sort of think I should have never sold the R58, and my Quickmill Verona, but there you go, people were in need and the problem with collecting coffee machines....you can only have so many!

Oh and I would have 2 bloody Niche grinders If I could...one White and one Black!!

#9 ·
Dave, at what point could you share your assessment of the Bianca. I rather assume the report is "eyes only" for Lelit and BB(?) but your thoughts on the design and construction vs. other machines would by great to see.

#10 ·
DavecUK said:
Oh I should have said I am actually buying the prototype to add to my collection. I like to have machines that are in some way "special". I would have kept the Bellman as well if it wasn't so flipping expensive.

• Duetto 0001 (first preproduction and a machine I had a huge involvement with creating)

• Vesuvius (just special in every way, including the guy who built it for me). It's also my "every day carry" so to speak. I don't believe there will ever be another machine quite like it
  • Lelit Bianca (pure left field innovation and a prototype, one of a kind and I just kinda Liked it, just something about it)
  • Melitta Varianza Best BTC I ever used for the Money and better than many £1200 BTC machines, certainly better than the Market leader! When I'm feeling Lazy in the summmer...out it comes. Constant flow of coffee to the Patio.

I am also hoping to add the damaged little Minima to this list. It's again VERY special, it's been mistreated by the couriers and I really don't think will stand a second journey and needs a good loving home.

It's ridiculous isn't it, other people collect stamps n stuff and I collect coffee machines. I sort of think I should have never sold the R58, and my Quickmill Verona, but there you go, people were in need and the problem with collecting coffee machines....you can only have so many!

Oh and I would have 2 bloody Niche grinders If I could...one White and one Black!!
You sound like me, kind of, although it's rescuing guinea pigs in need of a good home here. The one 'benefit' (if that's what it is) is that they eventually die and you can then fit another one then another and another . . .

#11 ·
ncrc51 said:
Dave, at what point could you share your assessment of the Bianca. I rather assume the report is "eyes only" for Lelit and BB(?) but your thoughts on the design and construction vs. other machines would by great to see.
The report I cannot share, but there will be a proper review to come as soon as the revised machines are sent to BB and then another is sent on to me.

I like Lelit machines and I like the companies attitude. They are a little left field innovative, it's good but does result in increased complexity. Internal quality is good and external quality although not the most expensive they make very good use of what they have. The accessories, portafilters etc.. are nicely accessorised with the logo, havs some unusual designs. They genuinely seem to care about function and the consumer. They are probably not the easiest machines to maintain for the non engineer, and some parts can be hard to reach, however this is common for all makes. The main thing with Lelit is you get a good machine, at a very good price.

Think of it like cars I suppose, were not talking values here.

• Mercedes, BMW, Audi = LM GS3, Londinium, Speedster etc..
  • Mondeo, Nissan, Honda etc.. = Rocket izzo Profitec, Lelit general machines
  • Morgan, Aston Martin, AC = Vesuvis, Lelit Bianca, Minima, Rocket R60V, Decent espresso DE1

It's about brand value, then peas in a pod followed by innovators doing something different.....I hope that helps.

#12 ·
Funny and informative is an excellent and rare combination. The car analogy is especially appreciated as we strongly favor BMW's. Love the look of a Morgan or Aston (way above my pay grade regardless) but would not attempt ownership due to fear of maintenance. I should probably land in that middle group of reliable, well engineered and cost effective options - Honda anyone?

#13 ·
The Bianca has now shown up on Lelit UK's site http://lelit-uk.co.uk/bianca_pl162t.html

£1900 was probably more than I expected it to be, although there are some places online in Europe selling it below 1900 Euros. Hopefully some launch discounts perhaps?

It looks a very nice piece of kit!

#14 ·
RoA19 said:
The Bianca has now shown up on Lelit UK's site http://lelit-uk.co.uk/bianca_pl162t.html

£1900 was probably more than I expected it to be, although there are some places online in Europe selling it below 1900 Euros. Hopefully some launch discounts perhaps?

It looks a very nice piece of kit!
That is not Lelits site to the best of my knowledge, am not even sure if they are authorised resellers.

#15 ·
Says it's part of Espresso Underground, but calls it Lelit-UK. Bit naughty of them if it's not an official Lelit concern.

#17 ·
I have pre-ordered one from 1st Line here in the states. I live 45 minutes from them and went to see the prototype last week. We made some great shots right off the bat...better than I make at home now.

I had been waiting for the Decent, but this machine and paddle really caught my eye. I think that it will be awesome, and will go nicely with my future Niche Zero!

Can't wait to read Dave's review.

#18 ·
Headgoboomboom said:
I have pre-ordered one from 1st Line here in the states. I live 45 minutes from them and went to see the prototype last week. We made some great shots right off the bat...better than I make at home now.

I had been waiting for the Decent, but this machine and paddle really caught my eye. I think that it will be awesome, and will go nicely with my future Niche Zero!

Can't wait to read Dave's review.
I liked it and bought the prototype because I thought it would be a bit of fun and is an unusual machine, I like to collect unusual machines. I think the Movable tank is also an interesting Idea, hopefully they kept that feature.

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
RoA19 said:
Says it's part of Espresso Underground, but calls it Lelit-UK. Bit naughty of them if it's not an official Lelit concern.
One would hope they have permission from Lelit to do so... just calling yourself 'lelit-uk' would be a clear infringement of trademark. Espresso Underground are a generally well regarded company however, so they may well have a deal with Lelit to use their name in such a way.

#20 ·
Dylan said:
One would hope they have permission from Lelit to do so... just calling yourself 'lelit-uk' would be a clear infringement of copyright. Espresso Underground are a generally well regarded company however, so they may well have a deal with Lelit to use their name in such a way.
They don't

#23 ·
Dylan said:
Just dropped Lelit an email, they said that Espresso Underground are an authorised UK reseller and did not seem at all bothered by their use of their name.
I am pretty sure I had an email stating they were not about 4 months ago, perhaps things have changed (or I was wrong). Looks like people have some choice who to buy from.

To me it matters not.

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
matomoto said:
Hello, I am a future buyer of the bianca from Spain.

Is the preinfusion system the same as group e61?

I see in the videos a position of preinfusion on and preinfusion off ....

Enviado desde mi BLA-L29 mediante Tapatalk
No the preinfusion system has been disabled (as it should be), so as not to interfere with paddle operation. it has two methods of preinfusion already, one via the paddle and one via electronic control of the pump.

#26 ·
DavecUK said:
No the preinfusion system has been disabled (as it should be), so as not to interfere with paddle operation. it has two methods of preinfusion already, one via the paddle and one via electronic control of the pump.
In my lelit mara the e61 was very sweet with the shots, I hope that bianca is still as sweet.

My lelit mara broke down and the supplier for little money offers me a bianca for 15 days ... great doubt ..

Davecuk I'm a great follower of yours, niche zero is coming jajaja

Enviado desde mi BLA-L29 mediante Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.