Coffee Forums banner

Seling via ebay

2K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Jon 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I will be putting two used espresso machines and a grinder on ebay presently.

Is it ok to put direct links for them on the forum?

Items are - Wega Mini Nova HX, Ponte Vecchio Lusso and Brasilia 45 and are available to view near Bath.

#2 ·
Why not just advertise them on the forum and avoid any eBay fees?

#4 ·
Well I just searched for them and couldn't find them so you might want to review how you've listed them.

There's a subforum specifically for linking to ads on gumtree and ebay.

#7 ·
#9 ·
#11 ·
matharon said:
Hi, I am still rather confused so will list as below unless asked to remove or the post is deleted.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132612644249?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132612644952?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132612642293?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Would accept offer over £250 for all three but individuals better done via auctions above.

PM if any questions.
It aint that hard , read the sales rules.

No ebay link in this thread

No Pm for any items listed.

If you want to sell on this thread , list them with a price

Or just read the sales rules.....

#15 ·
FWIW - the rule that says you can only post ebay links with BIN prices is only there to 'protect' potential bargains others may be watching. Considering it is the OP's prerogative to tell as many people as possible about his ebay links I dont think posting the links is really running afoul of the spirit of that rule.

But I agree, the simple solution to the question is to post it up on the F/S forum with a list price.

#16 ·
Dylan said:
FWIW - the rule that says you can only post ebay links with BIN prices is only there to 'protect' potential bargains others may be watching. Considering it is the OP's prerogative to tell as many people as possible about his ebay links I dont think posting the links is really running afoul of the spirit of that rule.

But I agree, the simple solution to the question is to post it up on the F/S forum with a list price.
But as you say the people who may be watching will have the price inflated because he is allowed to break the rules... which goes against what the forum is about really... I thought we were here to help each other not just ourselves?

#17 ·
Dylan said:

Not sure what it being the OP's items have to do with it. Who's to say that just because it's the OP's items, another member wasn't keeping an eye on it hoping for a bargain?

It matters not though as @Glenn has decided it belongs there & since it's his site, it's ultimately his choice. Perhaps the rule could be amended to cover members own ebay auction items?

I fully agree it would have been much simpler if the items were just listed for sale here with a fixed price while stating they were also on the bay.

#21 ·
One of the problems with older used equipment is trying to put a value on it.

I would like to get a reasonable price for each of the items and at the same time offer the same opportunity to experiment and learn about machines and coffee that I had initially from this same equipment.

Following a lengthy trip to Australia and NZ my wife and I were bowled over by the quality of coffee served just about everywhere. I joined this forum and several others to learn how to make a decent cup at home and bought this kit as part of the experiment.

With enormous help from members comments and in particular from several forum days at Rave and latterly detailed advice from both "Daves" on grinders and machines I have ended up with premium kit and now can reproduce the best flat whites we enjoyed down under.

Because I have had several requests for a buy it now price on the Lusso and in view of some of the comments above I will give a price indicator below on each of the machines.

They all worked fine when I took them out of service about 15 months ago and can be inspected pretty much any time although having been cleaned up for sale I will not be able to demonstrate actually working so no warranty and buyer beware etc. Until cash is in hand I will leave up on the auction site and may well have to accept lower than these indicators - hope that helps and is ok with forum rules which I still think are a little bit ambiguous so apologies again if this is not according to procedure.

I would LIKE to cover original costs and extras bought as follows-

Wega mini nova £100, Ponte Vecchio Lusso £175 and Brasilia RR45 £75

#22 ·
One of the problems with older used equipment is trying to put a value on it.

I would like to get a reasonable price for each of the items and at the same time offer the same opportunity to experiment and learn about machines and coffee that I had initially from this same equipment.

Following a lengthy trip to Australia and NZ my wife and I were bowled over by the quality of coffee served just about everywhere. I joined this forum and several others to learn how to make a decent cup at home and bought this kit as part of the experiment.

With enormous help from members comments and in particular from several forum days at Rave and latterly detailed advice from both "Daves" on grinders and machines I have ended up with premium kit and now can reproduce the best flat whites we enjoyed down under.

Because I have had several requests for a buy it now price on the Lusso and in view of some of the comments above I will give a price indicator below on each of the machines.

They all worked fine when I took them out of service about 15 months ago and can be inspected pretty much any time although having been cleaned up for sale I will not be able to demonstrate actually working so no warranty and buyer beware etc. Until cash is in hand I will leave up on the auction site and may well have to accept lower than these indicators - hope that helps and is ok with forum rules which I still think are a little bit ambiguous so apologies again if this is not according to procedure.

I would LIKE to cover original costs and extras bought as follows-

Wega mini nova £100, Ponte Vecchio Lusso £175 and Brasilia RR45 £75

Or as stated earlier £250 for all three collected.

#24 ·
Those are great prices for all of those items, I'm sure you would be able to sell them on the forum with no eBay fees. Russe has already taken the Ponte and the Mini Nova would make a superb upgrade from a Classic or Silvia for someone if they can get past the questionable looks
:)

I would pop a new thread in the F/S section if I were you as this one has turned into a bit of a debate thread.

#26 ·
Those machines a real blast from the past for me....well I remember reviewing the old Lusso 1. I had one of those grinders as well. The only machine I never had was a Wega Mini Nova, Pennine tea and coffee used to sell them, probably still do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.