dfk41

SOLD: Iphone X 256 gig immaculate, £800

As documented, I binned my iPhone due to what I perceived to be shocking customer service. The fault was that it might receive a text message without giving an alert of any sort. This might happen on a random basis and affect 1 in 15 to 20 texts. Apple are aware of the problem and say it will be solved via an update, however, my son borrowed the phone for 3 days whilst his had a new battery put in and fixed it. My son played around with the settings regarding alerts when the phone was unlocked and he did not miss an alert in the three days.

I bought it on release in November 2017. Has been in a case from day one and is immaculate.

£800, I paid £1149

IMG_20180420_155352.jpg

IMG_20180420_155442.jpg

IMG_20180420_155300.jpg

IMG_20180420_155433.jpg

Is there still a risk taking PayPal friends and family for payment from someone you do not know? I have read a bit and to me, it is unclear

Doesn’t the risk lie with the buyer using that method?

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles  /  1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  /  Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1  /  Kalita wave  /  Stag kettle  /  OCD  /  Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer  /  gold B Plus stirrer  /  Push Tamper  /  Puqpress  /  15g & 18g vst  /  IMS 35μM  /  LDT  /  Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers  /  LW Bean Cellars & Caddy  /  Decent thermometer  /  Acme Evo 150ml cups  /  Espazzola  /  Hottop  /  Acme and Loveramics cups /  embroidered by me bar towels  /  coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  /  in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass  /  6 gorgeous guineas  /  a dog  /  a very lovely and understanding husband 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MildredsBarTowels

Doesn’t the risk lie with the buyer using that method?

Yep, and it protects the seller in the event that someone makes a dodgy claim on PayPal. You should trust the the seller though. It is used on this forum a lot as folk seem to be fairly trustworthy here.

AKA Toffee chips

Friends and family is a Gift simple and the guy who sends it to you is not covered in any way. If something was/did happen to it.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Thanks all. I have been inundated with every possible scams from the Gumtree advert including one who claims he is happy to pay by friends and family if I post it to his daughter overseas. I would not do that of course, but cannot see where the sting is, unless he claims it is f & f but tried to send normally.....anyway, as always, cash and collection is king if you do not know them

Thanks all. I have been inundated with every possible scams from the Gumtree advert including one who claims he is happy to pay by friends and family if I post it to his daughter overseas. I would not do that of course, but cannot see where the sting is, unless he claims it is f & f but tried to send normally.....anyway, as always, cash and collection is king if you do not know them
The sting with sending to an address other than the registered one (especially overseas) is usually somewhere along the lines of a hacked/stolen account.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

The scams around selling phones is up there with designer handbags. It’s a pity a trusted forum member doesn’t fancy an upgrade. Another option is going though one of the companies that buy your phone. Looks like you’d get £700 through that method, probably less than you’d like though.

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles  /  1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  /  Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1  /  Kalita wave  /  Stag kettle  /  OCD  /  Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer  /  gold B Plus stirrer  /  Push Tamper  /  Puqpress  /  15g & 18g vst  /  IMS 35μM  /  LDT  /  Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers  /  LW Bean Cellars & Caddy  /  Decent thermometer  /  Acme Evo 150ml cups  /  Espazzola  /  Hottop  /  Acme and Loveramics cups /  embroidered by me bar towels  /  coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  /  in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass  /  6 gorgeous guineas  /  a dog  /  a very lovely and understanding husband 

I probably will just send it to one of these companies, unless someone makes a comparable offer in the next day........many ta's

I probably will just send it to one of these companies, unless someone makes a comparable offer in the next day........many ta's

Might have to have a look into this

Londinium R - Mahlkönig EK43

Making coffee can be that great...

@obsessivity

Might have to have a look into this

make me an offer, big boy.....

All I can say is, I love mine. Coming from an iPhone 6 I wasn’t expecting a huge difference. I was wrong! The speed of everything is lightening. The camera is exceptional. The screen just really suits me in a way the 6 didn’t. There are a lot of little things that make it great :)

Nothing wrong with the phone! it is Apple my beef is with....if more people had principles and voted with their feet, they might learn

Would you take £650? This is still more than the likes of we buy any phone will offer.

Don't really need a new phone but hey.......

Would you take £650? This is still more than the likes of we buy any phone will offer.

Don't really need a new phone but hey.......

£695 is the highest offer from the online mob. Coming from Apple it is unlocked so cannot take £650 bu many thanks

£695 is the highest offer from the online mob. Coming from Apple it is unlocked so cannot take £650 bu many thanks

Not a problem at all. Thanks for the reply.

To save it from the online swines, I hope an offer of £700 wont cause offence?

To save it from the online swines, I hope an offer of £700 wont cause offence?

Offended.......absolutely.......offer accepted...LOL

What a perfect outcome :)

Now to find a home for the red 7 I'd just got. Royal mail love me!

Interested. Please put it up for sale.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

Do I assume the X is sold? If so I'll move the thread.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

Do I assume the X is sold? If so I'll move the thread.

Yes please, sold to Cambo

Done.

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo