IGNORED

Short hopper for EK43 S

Any ideas where to get a short / mini hopper for EK43 S? I'm not quite sure if EK43 hoppers are compatible with it. I've seen people using EK43 with Aeropress funnels but for example for the EK43 S the Aeropress funnel won't fit it.

• 1 month later...
Any ideas where to get a short / mini hopper for EK43 S? I'm not quite sure if EK43 hoppers are compatible with it. I've seen people using EK43 with Aeropress funnels but for example for the EK43 S the Aeropress funnel won't fit it.

Or you can get my design 3D printed if you wish?

ad881aaff42606ef11cf99b852482872.heic

• Like 1
Do you have a model? I found one here: http://www.byleew.nl/coffee/small-3d-printed-hopper-ek43-grinder/ and have a friend who is going to try to print it. I will let you know how it goes :)

The bayonet interface just add to the total height so I "included" it in my design. Also I think the Byleew model have a too narrow opening and furthermore, where is the lid that prevent nasty things to destroy your valuable burrs?

e4a7805b22cad13a619448c8b909177f.heic

I will attach the stp and stl files shortly...

How are you finding the decent de1+ ?

Really happy with it - although it's serial #28 (and version 1.0) I find the design and robustness extremely complete. I am still on a steep learning curve though but have had some of my sweetest shot on it - repeatedly.

Over at Coffee Snobs there is a pretty comprehensive review - I totally agree to it...

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
@oceanpeakarch Prima Coffee your side of the pond sell the Mahlkonig short hopper. Have one on mine.

@The Systemic Kid I have the exact short hopper on mine as well. It is pooly made in my opinion, the connection to the body of the EK is loose and the hopper lid vibrates quite a bit and makes noise when in operation. I also really like the matte black look instead of the tranlucent look from Mahlkonig.

Digging @Lav and his setup.

Weird. Fit on mine is really tight. Have you got the washer fitted? Mine doesn’t make any noise if lid is up. The shute can cause vibration but this can easily be rectified by bending slightly to make a tight fit.

• Like 1

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

• 1 year later...