fatboyslim

LSOL April - Outpost Coffee Roasters [Nottingham]

Just tried a quicker shot (for me). 17.5g>38g in 28s (straight into 2nd gear, automatic soft pre-infusion and ramp up on full pressure). Wasn't as tart as before, and made a lovely flat white.

Think I'll try opening the grind a bit more and see what that's like..

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

I brewed this today and got full on plums and green tea. Its like it is a different coffee to when I first got the beans :)

Maybe I'll open up the grind a bit then. I've been going 17.5-40 (or more) in 30 and it seems pretty bright. Bit of a shock after a brief look at the bean colour and seeing oil spots. I'd expect opening it up more to be even brighter but if that's where you're finding it sweet I'll give it a go.

_______

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

I am enjoying my beans... First batch lost in the post, when a new load was sent out my Kilo has arrived as 1 fillter roast bag and 1 from the same roast as everyone else. Yet to try the filter roast bag as I've not been at home much.

I am finding loads of dark chocolate with a hint of liquorice (or is it something more like fruit) A nice coating mouthfeel and lingering aftertaste. Lovely..

As for the comments about this bean being a bit darker roasted I would have to say they are definitely not too dark for me. Slightly darker than my usual but I'm thinking this has brought the chocolate out which I am enjoying.

Working from home today so will dig into the filter roast bag and report back.... My recipe so far 14.2 into 33 over 32 seconds at 94 degrees

Big thanks to Outpost and FBS for sorting out my issues with missing beans. Very much appreciated.

I’m still on the last batch, not even got to these yet, don’t know how you guys get through so quickly

I'm still getting yummy aeropress brews here. Luckily I didn't smash through all of these before they came into the window.

I may have tasted cherry cola but that only be because I read it. It's still a zest pith delight

I'm still getting yummy aeropress brews here. Luckily I didn't smash through all of these before they came into the window.

I may have tasted cherry cola but that only be because I read it. It's still a zest pith delight

Yeah I agree. I'm glad too I've spread out my use of them. I'm finding them much more fruity now.

Just on to my second bag after freezing. The break from it and a good rest have made quite a difference, had a really enjoyable cuppa this morning.

Vesuvius, Monolith Conical, Feldgrind

Definitely agree. Really wasn't sure if these at first, but I've been converted! If I didn't already have enough coffee in the freezer I'd be tempted to try the filter roast...

Decent pour over today. Nothing like previous attempts. It tastes like a different coffee!

Loads more sweetness and body coming out in filter.

I have been away so not had the chance to get into these properly yet but that was an excellent detailed post from Outpost on the beans... exactly what we are looking for with LSOL... back next week and will be smashing into them now everyone has worked out the best recipes..

GS3 and Versalab M3; Vario Home, Aeropress and Kalita Wave

My LSOL beans have all gone.... Having been reading all the posts i have to say that these beans massively benefited from plenty of rest. I received mine a week or two later than everyone else which proved to be quite a positive thing for me. I had nothing but great tasting coffee despite not having the facility to make espresso at 7 bar of pressure.

In my experience most beans seem to peak after at least 2 weeks of rest

Without the benefit of my LSOL subscription I would mainly be going for African Naturals so to find a Columbian washed which I have thoroughly enjoyed. This (to me at least) proves the mind expanding benefits of my having a third party choose my beans once a month. Keep up the good work!

Without the benefit of my LSOL subscription I would mainly be going for African Naturals so to find a Columbian washed which I have thoroughly enjoyed. This (to me at least) proves the mind expanding benefits of my having a third party choose my beans once a month. Keep up the good work!

This is me exactly. I'd be all Kayon Mtn, Rocko, etc if it wasn't for LSOL.

_______

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Everyone should start to get excited about the next coffee (which will technically be June so no coffee in May... Couldn't be helped, delays at origin). Thread going up soon.

I'm really glad I didn't smash through this Outpost bean as its now making really tasty pour overs!

This is me exactly. I'd be all Kayon Mtn, Rocko, etc if it wasn't for LSOL.

_______

Eat, drink and be merry

Me too.

These beans were a real crowd pleaser for my family and friends. Sometimes they don't like the funkier beans, especially in milk.

The outpost coffee had them all commenting how nice it was as a flat white.

Don't forget folks that I have a very generous 12% discount code from Outpost just for us! They've got a very tasty Kenyan coming very soon which I'll definitely be trying. Pm me if you'd like the code.

I've just seen these beans being stocked in a store near my work in London. Do you have any recommendations for the best bean to use with a chemex/swiss gold filter?

I've just seen these beans being stocked in a store near my work in London. Do you have any recommendations for the best bean to use with a chemex/swiss gold filter?

The ethiopian that was part of this sub was excellent as pour over. The Ato should be good for chemex also .

Ling and Short seem to roast symapthetically to the origin of the bean so I ca't see any of em not being suitable for filter.

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Excellent, I'll have to pick some up after work.

Thanks for the recs!

Highly recommend this for brewed ecc14acb74b72a12a096ce6b06421e33.jpg

Brought this out in May but didn't get to use it so left the bag in a vac sealed box for the Bulgarian heat to do its worst. Well the beans faired much better than the false ceiling in our bathroom which was in bits on the floor when we arrived last night.

Had a couple of aeropress brews and really enjoying it - bags of fruit, easy drinking and just what I needed in this mornings heat. Loving it (belatedly!)

a grinder a lever and some beans