fatboyslim

LSOL April - Outpost Coffee Roasters [Nottingham]

Better late than never! This month has been a struggle hence why we're well into April before even announcing. We're still hoping to get the coffee to your doors before the end of April however :D

Outpost (http://www.outpost.coffee/) have really saved my bacon by stepping in at this late hour with what I'm sure will be something super tasty.

They've asked me to mention that omni-roast isn't usually their thing but they are doing it because I asked so nicely. They've had enough time to make the necessary tweaks and adjustments to roast us up a treat!

Guest slots for this one will be £16 for 500G delivered to your door. Please pay promptly to avoid catastrophic delays.

If you've been a guest before the payment details are the same as last time so feel free to pay immediately but don't forget to put your forum name in the payment details.

Please sign up below. My partner in crime Daren will be sending PMs to all guests with payment details.

1. FBS' mate

Edited by fatboyslim

Coffee drinking tip #2: Sniff your beans 👌

-- LSOL Announcements --

-- LSOL Subscription Sign-Up! --

1. FBS' mate

2. Goram

3. MildredM

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

1. FBS' mate

2. Goram

3. MildredM

4. MatBat

LM Linea Mini, Mythos

1. FBS' mate

2. Goram

3. MildredM

4. MatBat

5. Nyneve

R58 - Olympus 75E - Chemex - V60 - VST 18/22 - IMS Screen - Motta 58.4, Classic - Vario - MBK Tamper, Hmm what's next....

Paid! Very excited for this, had a friend who lived all of 30 yards from Outpost and would rave about them to me all the time. Never actually got chance to visit him or them so was pleased to see this pop up! Many thanks for organising, especially as it seems so stressful this time round!

The delay's worked out well for me. I've almost caught up as I am now finally getting a chance to use the kg from Note that I have in the freezeer due to having been away when that arrived :-)

Home: Ambient Vesuvius, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

Surprised there aren't more takers. The last few offerings have been outstanding in my opinion which is why I upped my subscription to a full Kilo.

I am really looking forward to this one :)

Thanks very much in advance for setting us up for what I am sure is going to be a treat.

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

As much as I'd like to sign up I've got too much stock at the moment, I bought over a KG at #LCF18 last weekend & outpost were there IIRC. I did think about them but I'd bought what I wanted when I saw them there.

My Home Cinema: (with computers & coffee! :D ) https://grimleyplex.co.uk/

Can you add me in for a guest slot too. My mate is after some. Sorry on an iPhone.

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

1. FBS' mate

2. Goram

3. MildredM

4. MatBat

5. Nyneve

6.urbanbumkin's mate

Laissez les bons temps rouler

That's it folks. The list is locked down. Please could you pay @Daren ASAP.

He will send the usual PM out some time today with payment details but they are the same as last time for previous guests.

-- LSOL Announcements --

Our coffee is being dispatched tomorrow 2nd class so should be with everyone by the weekend.

Outpost are telling me they are very happy with what they've chosen for us, and for once I have no idea what it is!

I'll be joining in with the guessing game woooo!

-- LSOL Announcements --

Our coffee is being dispatched tomorrow 2nd class so should be with everyone by the weekend.

Outpost are telling me they are very happy with what they've chosen for us, and for once I have no idea what it is!

I'll be joining in with the guessing game woooo!

Bet that makes a nice change for you.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Bet that makes a nice change for you.

Yeh it will be quite fun but I couldn't do it every month. Choosing the bean can be pretty tricky and I would even say it may be the hardest part due to them always having to be crowd-pleasers to you fussy lot :D

-- LSOL Announcements --

Looking forward to this one - I’ve successfully run out of back up beans, and am away for a little, so this should be good to go when I get back!

Thanks as always FBS and Daren for sorting - you are basically my personal coffee bean shoppers

V60 - Sage DTP - Sette 270 - Feldgrind

Nobody had a delivery yet?
Nothing here yet, only have a few days supply so will be starting on these early next week.

What's the point...it'll only change soon!

Not yet, fingers crossed for tomorrow

R58 - Olympus 75E - Chemex - V60 - VST 18/22 - IMS Screen - Motta 58.4, Classic - Vario - MBK Tamper, Hmm what's next....

Nothing here yet... Down to my last 200g now

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

I ran out 2 weeks ago and the next day a surprise kilo of coffee compass from a fellow member landed - I was staring at a bag of supermarket beans when the postie rang the doorbell -god bless this forum

keep calm and grind flat

Nothing here also.

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper