IMG_5037.jpg

For sale: £3,500.

In perfect working order.

It was bought by me brand new 3 years ago and it has been used at home making, on average, 10 drinks per week. My home water is run through a softener.

It comes with three official La Marzocco portafilters (one naked, one single spout and one double spout) together with an assortment of original baskets that were included when I bought it. It also comes with the original manual.

I have used it plumbed in for the past few months but it also comes with the original water tank (note there is a small crack on the top of the water tank but this does not impair performance and is completely hidden from view during use). It comes with the original water hose (the input for plumbing it in) but you will need to source your own plastic drainage pipe.

Collection only near Brentwood in Essex.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_5034.jpg

IMG_5032.jpg

IMG_5036.jpg

This was covered a little in an earlier thread

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?43253-La-Marzocco-GS3-AV&highlight=marzocco

It seems that it has never been serviced. Some people think that it is worth doing this every year with a trained LM technician....chances are it will need some seals etc replaced at three years old which would beed to be factored in. I think £3500 would be reasonable for a machine with a service record......

tapatalk.com/groups/vesuvius or http://tinyurl.com/coffeetimeforum

A friendly chat over coffee

I have mine serviced every year by an authorised LM technician.

The safety valve (or steam over-pressure valve) only lasts about that time in any case before it starts to break down and the machine starts steaming into the drain pan.

The technical guys call what I have a "front-end service" and I think it is well worth doing to keep the machine in tip top condition.

An espresso machine and a grinder - who wants to read a whole list?

I have mine serviced every year by an authorised LM technician.

The safety valve (or steam over-pressure valve) only lasts about that time in any case before it starts to break down and the machine starts steaming into the drain pan.

The technical guys call what I have a "front-end service" and I think it is well worth doing to keep the machine in tip top condition.

They recommend a front end service every year then an off-site full service every three I believe, but that’s probably more relevant for a machine that’s used a bit more regularly.

I’m after a GS3 but no service worries me a little. I have a filter on my Giotto, but even that had a tiny bit of scale build up. Nothing to worry about and was easily cleaned, but shows that it can still get through

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione V2, Macap MXD, Brewista Scales, Gene Cafe Roaster.

Yep - no service. I have just used it with a salt-based softener on my water system and it has been perfect for me.

As my post above mentions, it's done tiny volume (let's estimate 1,500 shots in its entire lifetime - what's that in duration terms if it had been used in a commercial environment - a week?!).

Just to be super clear, I am not selling because it is in any way broken or failing to perform; I just fancy a change of machine. But understood if the no-service thing puts people off - each to their own.

Cheers.

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo