IGNORED

Calling All Radio Listeners!

R1 until the advent of 2 presenters waffling instead of music

R2 until they decided to move that ginger twat there

R4 but that which is not news or music makes me disinterested

Capital but there are only so many times I can listen to the same playlist and the same adverts

I guess there is not really any one radio station that ticks all the boxes for me

I also do 

https://join.worldcommunitygrid.org?recruiterId=596475 Letting the idle processors on phone and PC help humanity

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vesuvius/ Even though I have a lever

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I suspect they don't moan about the BBC, so much as the way it's funded. I'm all in favour of the BBC, just not the funding model. Perhaps I am odd, but It's hard to come to terms with paying for some

Nice discussion everyone, I enjoyed reading the comments after my post. I was merely showing gratitude for the excellent radio programming that BBC do. It is funny to me to see people arguing abo

Absolute Classic Rock all the way......they only have about 100 records so you do hear a few repeats but where else plays Hendrix, Floyd, Zepplin, Purple etc all day long! I did find a Russian station

I used to love listening to R1 in the late 90's when I was at college. When I did colour printing (photography) on a dry to dry machine it took around 5 minutes for a print to come through. We had a little seating area where we waited for the prints to appear. We had comfy chairs, a telly and a radio.. Best memories were listening to Mark Radcliffe and Mark Riley (AKA Mark & Lard) especially when doing their Fat Harry White routine. How they got away with that I don't know..

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Oh, and onto Radio 2.. Ol' Tell's Janet and John stories will be sorely missed..

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

^^^ I couldn't quite work out whether The Reunion this morning might just have been a fiction purporting to be reality - by presenting it as a documentary. Probably not, but when R4 presents poltergeist stories, it does make me wonder whether there might be something in it. I try to be open-minded. Ha ha as they say!

That was a weird one, lots of otherwise sensible people involved. The case was dramatised on TV, Timothy Spall was in it, very odd.

When we moved to Switzerland we bought a Ruark R2 Internet radio and put in a dedicated UK IP VPN precisely so I could listen to Radio 4 and the World Service. I also use similar tech and TuneIn in the car to listen to both. Have been a fan all my life. Even my kids are wild Just a Minute fans.

• Like 1
When we moved to Switzerland we bought a Ruark R2 Internet radio and put in a dedicated UK IP VPN precisely so I could listen to Radio 4 and the World Service. I also use similar tech and TuneIn in the car to listen to both. Have been a fan all my life. Even my kids are wild Just a Minute fans.

Beeeeeep!! Repetition!

The Afternoon Play today was a poignant look back (it was a repeat) at the abduction, and subsequent discovery of her remains, of Jessica Earl. The mother and father parts were spoken by her parents. Very moving. Can there really be anything worse than loosing a child, in any circumstances.

• 2 years later...

Typed Classic FM into the search-bar and came across this thread.....so when the missus is snoring i'll have my headphones on and 99% of the time it'll be Classic FM; it's muted whenever any opera is played (can't stand it)........my old Bush Dac 90 always gets used to listen to TMS on R4 LW (don't bother with R4 any other time)....and during the day/early evening it's Internet Radio for my Heavy Metal/Power Metal fix (Rock Antenne (German & ad free) or La Grosse Radio Metal (French & ad free).

I used to like listening to Genevieve Tudor's Sunday Folk (Radio Shropshire) but it/her seems to have disappeared...ah well.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I absolutely love BBC radio and think it is worth the licence fee alone. Currently on rotation:

Radio 3 - Saturday am record review

6music - Saturday pretty much all day. Huey Show, Liz Kershaw, Giles Peterson and Craig Charles

Radio 5 Live - European football on weekdays. Miss the live crowd tho.

Radio 2 - the occasional Craig Charles House Party. Used to listen to Sarah Cox’s 80s show but went off it when they changed the presenter and she moved to prime time

Radio 1/1xtra - used to listen to Zane Lowe and DJ Semtex but they’ve both moved onto other stations now

It’s amazing how you discover new shows, and how you slowly move through the various stations. Definitely in the 6music demographic at the moment!

@sjm85

why would you pay a TV licence fee to listen to the radio?

Bye Bye...........come back when you have less time.........or better still, please do not bother

42 minutes ago, sjm85 said:

I absolutely love BBC radio and think it is worth the licence fee alone. Currently on rotation:

Pretty clear he doesn't just listen to radio.

Norėčiau juodos kavos

24 minutes ago, The Systemic Kid said:

Pretty clear he doesn't just listen to radio.

I must be missing that bit then!

Bye Bye...........come back when you have less time.........or better still, please do not bother

Am I alone then in watching the football on Radio 5 live?  

To me the picture created by the commentators is usually better than the televised version of the match. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Phil104 said:

To me the picture created by the commentators is usually better than the televised version of the match. 

My dad has always done that. He's always said the radio commentary of football matches is much better than the TV commentary, so he has the match on the TV on mute while listening to the radio 

17 minutes ago, Phil104 said:

I would agree with you that radio commentary is always superior to televised commentary, but the point I am making, is that legally, you do not need a licence to listen to BBC Radio

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dfk41 said:

I would agree with you that radio commentary is always superior to televised commentary, but the point I am making, is that legally, you do not need a licence to listen to BBC Radio

Yeah I had to check that as I thought that TV licence was needed. I'm sure I remember reading something about it when I bought my first car 20 years ago and researching changing the stereo and there was something to do with the household having to have a TV licence to have a radio in the car. The rules may well have changed since then, but it's a long time ago. I may also be remembering wrong of course, I can't usually remember what I had for lunch the previous day, never mind some research I had done 20 years previously lol